Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

why nasccar doesnt take away wins?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:09 pm

ive been checking the web to find that answer, havent found one yet, but remember last yr when newman won the NH modified race? they took his win away because of a manifoled deemed ilegal, than ya always here how nascar wont make the race official til tues of the following week, why wait so long? not like they will change anything. if anyone has a clue it sure be interesting to know why.

Re: why nasccar doesnt take away wins?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for posting this. I'd love to hear what others think...or know

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:22 pm

It's NASCAR, they never have much logic behind what they rule on......

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Its quite simple why wins are not take wins away in the top three series. More money involved.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 pm

IMHO they don't take away wins because the failures are coming from mechanical issues not something done on purpose during the race. From what I have read Dillons car lowered on one side like what had happened to Sadler's car this year. They said the lowering really was a determent to Dillon, not a help. I am sure if we saw a failure that was a direct impact on the race and that was done on purpose to give a car a competitive advantage there would be a severe penalty which might include taking away the win.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 pm

adny1030 wrote:IMHO they don't take away wins because the failures are coming from mechanical issues not something done on purpose during the race. From what I have read Dillons car lowered on one side like what had happened to Sadler's car this year. They said the lowering really was a determent to Dillon, not a help. I am sure if we saw a failure that was a direct impact on the race and that was done on purpose to give a car a competitive advantage there would be a severe penalty which might include taking away the win.

+1.
Post a reply