FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Andretti is considering forming NASCAR team

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Andretti is considering forming NASCAR team

then i ask you this, as i brought up in the ryan thread, yes ryan should have input on the team, but it isnt up to him, i believe its the powers to be at SHR that should decide what is best, for they have sponsors to answer too, now i wont b.s. but most of those sponsors ryan has this year is in due to tony and what he did last yr, because they know tony is a winner, they can still use him in PR stuff, but if ryan is havin mid pack runs, somewhere along the line you either look at the CC or even the driver, i just wish tony and ryan were media people haha just so we can stop guessing,
im not big on teams like the 98, or the 19, or the 33 when austin isnt in, they run 20 laps and boom, and they can probably get away with using a engine for 5 or 6 weeks, one race larry mac said last place was 70 grand i believe it was pocono, they need to cut the prize money lower so it makes teams race, thats just me
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:No way Ryan would go to Andretti & start a brand new team with a bunch of guys starting out in Nascar. You shouldnt believe that to even be a consideration.

Isn't that just about what he did at SHR.......it was a brand new team! A leap of faith! There are enough laid off experienced NASCAR employee's to start two teams from the bottom up plus some new knowledge from Indy car and Andretti money....sounds like a win-win situation for anyone. Don't think that is in Ryan's future. Does anyone know if Congress has voted on wether or not funding for sponsorship in NASCAR has been cut from the Defense budget? Ryan staying at SHR depends on sponsorship.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:then i ask you this, as i brought up in the ryan thread, yes ryan should have input on the team, but it isnt up to him, i believe its the powers to be at SHR that should decide what is best, for they have sponsors to answer too, now i wont b.s. but most of those sponsors ryan has this year is in due to tony and what he did last yr, because they know tony is a winner, they can still use him in PR stuff, but if ryan is havin mid pack runs, somewhere along the line you either look at the CC or even the driver, i just wish tony and ryan were media people haha just so we can stop guessing,
im not big on teams like the 98, or the 19, or the 33 when austin isnt in, they run 20 laps and boom, and they can probably get away with using a engine for 5 or 6 weeks, one race larry mac said last place was 70 grand i believe it was pocono, they need to cut the prize money lower so it makes teams race, thats just me

All teams operate differently. Like Roush is an owner that isn't scared to make changes. Hendrick kind of like to see a driver crew chief relationship last a few years before he makes a change, Childress is the same. I think SHR goes strictly by driver input. Basically if the driver doesn't want a change they will keep it the same.

It is very likely that Tony winning a championship did help Ryan gain sponsors. Being associated with Tony helps Ryan with sponsorship period. But that is no different than when Tony was at JGR and that might have helped Denny convince Fed Ex to go with him.

The 33 actually for the most part runs the whole race. I think they have only started and parked once (at Sonoma). The 19 is for sure a start and parker. But the 98 has made an effort. Though they start and park more often than not Which is a shame for Michael McDowell who shows everytime he is in a JGR Nw car that he has talent and up until he came to cup was a championship contender in everything he was in. The 87 and when the 95 runs annoys me the most. Joe Nemecheck is a good driver and he is capable of completing races. But he just wants a paycheck. And the 95 said they would not do any starting and parking. Yet they have done it all but one race.

The thing is about the purse though is what if there is a big wreck on the first few laps and someone who is running the whole race finished 43rd. Then they don't get the money that they deserve. NASCAR has somewhat taken steps to cease start and parkers. I think the only thing NASCAR can do is to be so (excuse my french) anal when these teams park their cars that it isn't worth it.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Annalee wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:No way Ryan would go to Andretti & start a brand new team with a bunch of guys starting out in Nascar. You shouldnt believe that to even be a consideration.

Isn't that just about what he did at SHR.......it was a brand new team! A leap of faith! There are enough laid off experienced NASCAR employee's to start two teams from the bottom up plus some new knowledge from Indy car and Andretti money....sounds like a win-win situation for anyone. Don't think that is in Ryan's future. Does anyone know if Congress has voted on wether or not funding for sponsorship in NASCAR has been cut from the Defense budget? Ryan staying at SHR depends on sponsorship.

The thing about SHR is it was Haas CNC racing already. And had been in business since 2003. It was an established team with parts and pieces and even people (Matt Borland was at Haas well before the rumors of Tony coming to form Stewart Haas were happening).

But what I don't get about him saying not to consider it is that if someone like Kenseth could possibly go there why couldn't someone like Newman? Andretti if they do come are going to be like how Evernham were when they came in.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:

So Andretti is good enough for Kenseth to maybe go there and not Newman? I think Newman is staying anyway (but is going to take a pay cut).

well 1st off I dont think Kenseth is going to Andretti either, but if that were even a consideration, it could be under part ownership or something big like that. Ryan has already stated when he leaves racing he doesnt want any ties to ownership or anything like that. So what might entice Kenseth to an upstart company wouldnt appeal to Ryan.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:

So Andretti is good enough for Kenseth to maybe go there and not Newman? I think Newman is staying anyway (but is going to take a pay cut).

well 1st off I dont think Kenseth is going to Andretti either, but if that were even a consideration, it could be under part ownership or something big like that. Ryan has already stated when he leaves racing he doesnt want any ties to ownership or anything like that. So what might entice Kenseth to an upstart company wouldnt appeal to Ryan.

Andretti isn't going to come in and give a driver 50% of a team that hasn't ran a race yet. They don't have a foundation yet.

Kenseth has said he isn't interested in ownership either. But you know what driver said for the longest time that he would never own a cup team? I will give you a hint he owns half of Stewart Haas racing.

A top crew chief said that he would go to Andretti with Kurt Busch if Andretti really came to NASCAR.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 pm

gene haas! <snicker>
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:26 pm

the 98 team isnt that the phil parsons car, or is that the 66? i never watched carefully but i thought they parked after a couple laps.....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Andretti isn't going to come in a give a driver 50% of a team that hasn't ran a race yet. They don't have a foundation yet.

Kenseth has said he isn't interested in ownership either. But you know what driver said for the longest time that he would never own a cup team? I will give you a hint he owns half of Stewart Haas racing.

A top crew chief said that he would go to Andretti with Kurt Busch if Andretti really came to NASCAR.

Never said 50% but part ownership. Many drivers have done that Rusty amongst others, but like I said I dont think Kenseth is going to Andretti, what I was pointing out to your tunnellvision point of views is if he was considering it it would be for reasons that wouldnt appeal to Ryan. I dont think any of this is going to happen either. In fact I think the only place Kenseth is going is JGR. You jump all over the place in making a particular point instead of reading the whole picture.
Kenseth is supposedly already have his contract in place, & Andretti hasnt even comitted to being in Nascar next year yet.

As far as Ryan, Why would Ryan go to a team that isnt a team yet, doesnt have a manufacturer, which means sure dont know about the equipment that will be used? He is not the driver that is gonna be willing to go to a team with a ton of growing pains to look forward too in the near future.
As long as he is in the situation of choosing, Andretti will not be a consideration at all.
To me this isnt even a hard thought to come up with. Not gonna happen!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:44 pm

michaeljohn wrote:the 98 team isnt that the phil parsons car, or is that the 66? i never watched carefully but i thought they parked after a couple laps.....

It was the 66 now it is the 98. They ran the full race at Daytona, Martinsville, the 600 and one other race. But other than that 20 or so laps ad to the garage.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Andretti isn't going to come in a give a driver 50% of a team that hasn't ran a race yet. They don't have a foundation yet.

Never said 50% but part ownership. Many drivers have done that Rusty amongst others, but like I said I dont think Kenseth is going to Andretti, what I was pointing out to your tunnellvision point of views is if he was considering it it would be for reasons that wouldnt appeal to Ryan. I dont think any of this is going to happen either. In fact I think the only place Kenseth is going is JGR. You jump all over the place in making a particular point instead of reading the whole picture.
Kenseth is supposedly already have his contract in place, & Andretti hasnt even comitted to being in Nascar next year yet.

As far as Ryan, Why would Ryan go to a team that isnt a team yet, doesnt have a manufacturer, which means sure dont know about the equipment that will be used? He is not the driver that is gonna be willing to go to a team with a ton of growing pains to look forward too in the near future.
As long as he is in the situation of choosing, Andretti will not be a consideration at all.
To me this isnt even a hard thought to come up with. Not gonna happen!

I don't think Kenseth is going to Andretti. I think that is a done deal. I guess my tunnel vision is disturbing me from see that though.

You did read the original post right? That was an exert from an article with Andretti himself talking about how he wants to go NASCAR racing.

First off your not Ryan Newman nor are you his agent. There is plenty we don't know. I don't think Newman is going to Andretti either. But he was mentioned as a driver that they are looking at. If he is gone from SHR and no other top teams are here, I am sure he would give Andretti a look. You mentioned how Andretti doesn't have equipment or a manufacturer lined up. It won't be long if he is coming that he will. This guy has more money than Rick Hendrick. Those are non issues. Which is why he talked about going into NASCAR like it is just another business venture.

You say it isn't going to happen with such confidence. I try not to act like I know what is going on. Because in reality not een Ryan or Andretti or anyone knows what is going on.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:02 pm

your tright no one knows until after the fact. But when I am asked what I think I dont hide behind the lil kid "I dont know" answer. I tell people what I think & in some cases tell you why I think it.
The no one knows answer. If that all you have why ever respond. Your always gonna be a day late & a dollar short.
If my opinion in the end proves to be wrong, I have no problem saying well I was wrong on that one.
Instead being that guy that never committs to thinking anything & then after the fact saying I knew it. I was right!
If you want to shoot holes in my reasoning, that would be great. I am all good with a good debate. They are so far & few in between these days. I enjoy a good debate.
However if your rebutal is well you dont know that for sure. Then just save it. That is a worthless answer to a message board where we are asked our opinions.
If that is all you got, then just stay in the dugout.
Everyone already knows, no one knows for sure until after it becomes a fact. But if we all had that answer, this would be a dead message board.

Did I mention no way in #### Ryan will be racing for Andretti in 2013? (How's that for confidence)

BTW all the money in the world doesnt help in Nascar until they know how to use it. Which comes with growing pains. Ask Menard, Haas & Regan Smiths Car owner (forgot his name) Regan Smiths owner is like a billonaire & has all the equipment a Nascar team could dream for.

Oh & BTW again :mrgreen: Of course Andretti would be considering Ryan. They would look at any successful Cup driver that has an opening to contract. Another No brainer.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:11 pm

this is the fun part of silly season, the guessing game, really no wrong answers until matty proves US all wrong, haha I would have confidence in Andretti, i dont think he would come to nascar and do it half ash, the only place i see matty is JGR, only because of the talk of JGR "keeping joey" and not expanding on that, maybe the 22 opens up, but would ryan go back? MWR, that would be a big score if they got matty, that would be a solid team, but no one never knows what martin will do, and if matty comes to SHR, than chances are ryan is gone, and we start the whole guessing game again.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't think anyone is hiding behind Maculy Culkin saying "I don't know."

I just think that you are so readily say there is no way in #### that Newman could go to Andretti is funny and presumptuous.

I think MJ made a good point about Andretti. He doesn't do anything half assed. Look at how he even brought back the Milwaukee Mile to Indycar. If Andretti came into NASCAR he would be up to speed quick. He may not be a title contender off the bat. But he would know what he is doing.

I do think there are rumors that have less of a chance happening than others. But this is silly season. Anything can happen. But I guess I should just go hang out in the dug out while Casey is at the bat.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I don't think anyone is hiding behind Maculy Culkin saying "I don't know."

I just think that you are so readily say there is no way in #### that Newman could go to Andretti is funny and presumptuous.

I think MJ made a good point about Andretti. He doesn't do anything half assed. Look at how he even brought back the Milwaukee Mile to Indycar. If Andretti came into NASCAR he would be up to speed quick. He may not be a title contender off the bat. But he would know what he is doing.

I do think there are rumors that have less of a chance happening than others. But this is silly season. Anything can happen. But I guess I should just go hang out in the dug out while Casey is at the bat.

of course I am presuming. that is what happens when you are asked about something that hasnt happened yet.
so are you saying you dont want to know what I think on the subject?
ImageImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing