FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where will matt wind up?

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Where will matt wind up?

Matt just bettered himself going to JGR I feel.
But I feel Joey took his only option he had to stay in Cup. I don't konw if he said who offered him a job or not, I didn't follow.

I agree, it's going to be strange Kenseth in #20, just like I'm still not use to Kurt in the #51. I have to stop & think who's in the 51 again. I didn't follow that one either, so I don't know if Home Depot is staying for sure or not. I haven't read anything yet. I've gone way slack on stuff.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:Matt just bettered himself going to JGR I feel.
But I feel Joey took his only option he had to stay in Cup. I don't konw if he said who offered him a job or not, I didn't follow.

I agree, it's going to be strange Kenseth in #20, just like I'm still not use to Kurt in the #51. I have to stop & think who's in the 51 again. I didn't follow that one either, so I don't know if Home Depot is staying for sure or not. I haven't read anything yet. I've gone way slack on stuff.

That is exactly what I think he did and why he made the move. He did not want to go back to NW. Let's face it, there aren't too many top tier Cup teams looking for drivers right now. Seats may open up as the season closes, but he couldn't wait on the off chance that none did. "Bird in hand" and all that. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:54 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Smoke14Wins wrote:Matt just bettered himself going to JGR I feel.

That is exactly what I think he did and why he made the move. He did not want to go back to NW. Let's face it, there aren't too many top tier Cup teams looking for drivers right now. Seats may open up as the season closes, but he couldn't wait on the off chance that none did. "Bird in hand" and all that. ;)

+++ Sponsor's are too Hard to get in these times.....BTW, Who is goin to get Home Depot???? Hmmmmmm....
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:54 pm

jsw14 wrote:BTW, Who is goin to get Home Depot???? Hmmmmmm....

:shock: Good question, j. I didn't realize, until you asked the question, that none of the news releases I've read so far actually said that Home Depot would continue to sponsor the #20 in 2013. I just assumed... and we all know what happens when you ####-ume. :roll: ;) :lol:

That does leave the door open. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Can't confirm,but i heard HD was staying with the #20 and it was HD that wanted change as rumor has it.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
jsw14 wrote:BTW, Who is goin to get Home Depot???? Hmmmmmm....

:shock: Good question, j. I didn't realize, until you asked the question, that none of the news releases I've read so far actually said that Home Depot would continue to sponsor the #20 in 2013. I just assumed... and we all know what happens when you ####-ume. :roll: ;) :lol:

That does leave the door open. :D

They did say HD and Dollar General are staying on the 20. The statement below was taken from the offical release by Joe Menzer on Tuesday.

The No. 20 car will continue to be sponsored primarily by Home Depot and Dollar General, although JGR president J.D. Gibbs insisted that none of the sponsors were dissatisfied with current driver Joey Logano. Gibbs said that JGR had wanted to retain Logano but wasn't ready to commit to fielding a fourth Cup car in 2013 to do so.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh, OK. thanks for that info. I must have missed it somewhere.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

No problem H, I hope you're feeling better :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 am

Rochelle wrote:No problem H, I hope you're feeling better :D

Not yet. :( I go back to the doctor next Thursday. This is getting old. :x

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 pm

HH, get you self feel'n better. Man, we wishes you the best!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing