FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where will matt wind up?

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 am

Re: Where will matt wind up?

I just don't think JGR is going to expand to four cars in this economy. But who is to say that Logano stays at JGR if he is kicked to the curb for Kenseth anyway. He has proven that he deserves a cup ride.

I think Jack just went cheap because he didn't want to pay Kenseth how much he was making. A cup rookie is going to be cheaper than a former series champion. But Kenseth has earned every penny that he is paid.

Another team that he could go is involving this rumor of Andretti. This hasn't died yet and word around Indy is that Andretti will head Dodge's cup effort next year. This rumor has legs.

But I think him going to JGR is a done deal. I just hope Toyota's engines get better for his sake.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:59 am

with the statement from ford basically saying they feel sorry Matt wont be with Ford anymore kinda seals the deal in my thoughts he is going to JGR.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 am

Yup. This is kind of funny. I spoke to some of my Kenseth friends yesterday. A lot of them really want him to come to Stewart Haas racing. That would be amazing. Tony, Mat, Ryan and the rookie Danica. Sigh only wishful thinking.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

chip28018

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:33 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Yup. This is kind of funny. I spoke to some of my Kenseth friends yesterday. A lot of them really want him to come to Stewart Haas racing. That would be amazing. Tony, Mat, Ryan and the rookie Danica. Sigh only wishful thinking.

I hate to bust your bubble but if matt did come to shr that would most likely spell the end for ryan.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am

been sayin since last yr, i can see SHR goin back to 2 cars, and them signing the princess the writing has been on the wall for ryan, cant blame em, she is a cash cow if nothing else,
<<

palino_s

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 am

michaeljohn wrote:been sayin since last yr, i can see SHR goin back to 2 cars, and them signing the princess the writing has been on the wall for ryan, cant blame em, she is a cash cow if nothing else,

Michaeljohn, 2 questions for you:

Why are they building 3rd team?

They have 2 full sponsored cars plus they have some sponsors for 3rd car. If they go back to 2 cars - Why are they finding new sponsors?
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:19 pm

chip28018 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Yup. This is kind of funny. I spoke to some of my Kenseth friends yesterday. A lot of them really want him to come to Stewart Haas racing. That would be amazing. Tony, Mat, Ryan and the rookie Danica. Sigh only wishful thinking.

I hate to bust your bubble but if matt did come to shr that would most likely spell the end for ryan.

Well yeah. Part of me saying it is wishful thinking on my part.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:19 pm

michaeljohn wrote:been sayin since last yr, i can see SHR goin back to 2 cars, and them signing the princess the writing has been on the wall for ryan, cant blame em, she is a cash cow if nothing else,

You couldn't be more wrong. If it doesn't work out with Ryan they will find someone.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I think a fourth car anywhere is a possibility for Matt simply because he is a past champion. But you have to think of sponsorship. Can JGR sponsor him and Logano? I don't see Gibbs being able to do that. Logano is giving himself a reason to be kept around in Cup though. But if Kenseth can get replaced by Wrecky, Logano can get replaced by Kenseth. Kenseth, Hamlin, Busch. Bad #### trio.

What makes me curious is that Roush fought hard to keep Edwards. He fought to keep Biffle. But when it was time to fight to keep the driver who won him his first championship he is shown the door? Never have been a fan of the way he does business.

I'm not a fan of Roush. I was when Jeff Burton was racing for him, but even at that time I didn't like Jack at all. I think we are forgetting about the driver and where HE wants to be. Do you think he likes playing second fiddle to Carl now? Carl seems to be a Roush favorite. Maybe it's Matt who wants to try something new and get into a team who will appreciate him!! I think it's similar to what Tony did when he decided to become an owner/driver... it's what Tony wanted. So the question is, if I were Matt Kenseth, what would I want? I can tell you right now it would be to get away from Roush and try something new. I'm super excited to see where he ends up.

Personally, I would love to see him at SHR just because my friend is a Kennseth fan and hates Tony. It would be an ultimate pay back for my favorite driver to become his favorite drivers team owner! That's my definition of heaven! (heeheehee) :twisted:
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I think a fourth car anywhere is a possibility for Matt simply because he is a past champion. But you have to think of sponsorship. Can JGR sponsor him and Logano? I don't see Gibbs being able to do that. Logano is giving himself a reason to be kept around in Cup though. But if Kenseth can get replaced by Wrecky, Logano can get replaced by Kenseth. Kenseth, Hamlin, Busch. Bad #### trio.

What makes me curious is that Roush fought hard to keep Edwards. He fought to keep Biffle. But when it was time to fight to keep the driver who won him his first championship he is shown the door? Never have been a fan of the way he does business.

I'm not a fan of Roush. I was when Jeff Burton was racing for him, but even at that time I didn't like Jack at all. I think we are forgetting about the driver and where HE wants to be. Do you think he likes playing second fiddle to Carl now? Carl seems to be a Roush favorite. Maybe it's Matt who wants to try something new and get into a team who will appreciate him!! I think it's similar to what Tony did when he decided to become an owner/driver... it's what Tony wanted. So the question is, if I were Matt Kenseth, what would I want? I can tell you right now it would be to get away from Roush and try something new. I'm super excited to see where he ends up.

Personally, I would love to see him at SHR just because my friend is a Kennseth fan and hates Tony. It would be an ultimate pay back for my favorite driver to become his favorite drivers team owner! That's my definition of heaven! (heeheehee) :twisted:

I never liked Roush. Closest I came to liking Roush is when Jamie was there. Roush just treated him like crap, basically made him the r&d team, and did to him what Childress did to Clint Bowyer.

But it is sounding more and more like Kenseth left on his own. Maybe he just is tired of the sponsorship woes. I don't like Carl bothers Matt anymore. But if he did Matt is mentally strong enough that it doesn't make a difference.

I think Matt would fit in at SHR really well. He and Tony are both champions and friends. Matt would bring in alot of knowledge. I have said before and I will say it again. No one gets more out of their equipment than Matt can.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 am

Matt's the type of driver, he would fit into any teams.
ImageImageImage
<<

jsw14

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 am

I just got this email in:
Roush Fenway Racing announced today that 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will compete for the team full-time in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition beginning in 2013, while Matt Kenseth and Roush Fenway will part ways at the conclusion of the 2012 season.

“Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has more than proved his abilities on the race track,” said team co-owner Jack Roush. “We feel that he is not only a key piece of our team’s future, but a key piece of the future of the sport. Roush Fenway is an organization with a wonderful past and present, as well as an extremely promising future, and I can’t think of a better candidate than Ricky to usher in the next era of success for the team.

“Of course, I’d like to thank Matt Kenseth for his many years of loyal service,” added Roush. “Matt has been an integral part of this organization for well over a decade, and we are extremely appreciative of his accomplishments and contributions to the team, and will always consider him a part of the Roush Fenway family.

“We’re fortunate that we were able to tap into Matt’s potential and bring him on board many years ago, and I’m proud that together we were able to combine the tools and the resources of Roush Fenway with his talent and determination to forge a partnership that yielded a championship at the Cup level and all of his 22 Cup victories, including two Daytona 500 wins,” continued Roush. “The No. 17 is positioned extremely well this season, and I’m committed to providing the team the best resources to continue their run for the 2012 championship. I have no doubt that Matt will do his part.”

“Matt and I broke into this sport together, learned the ropes and were able to bring home a championship,” said Roush Fenway general manager Robbie Reiser, who as crew chief of the No. 17 guided Kenseth to Roush Fenway’s first Sprint Cup title in 2003 before moving into his current role. “Over the 20 years we have worked with each other, Matt has been a fierce competitor and become a close friend, not only for me, but as a mentor to young drivers like Ricky. I wish Matt nothing but the best for the next phase of his career, and know that we’ll remain close.”

Stenhouse Jr. is one of three drivers currently in development for Roush Fenway Racing. Trevor Bayne, the 2011 Daytona 500 champion and Chris Buescher, who has won seven races in only 42 starts in ARCA competition are also being groomed for Sprint Cup competition for Roush Fenway in the future.

“We take great pride in the depth of the bench here,” noted team president Steve Newmark. “The organization’s ability to identify and develop new talent is part of our DNA and a cornerstone of our success. I’m excited about the opportunity to bring Ricky into the Sprint Cup Series and get him into victory lane. He has an incredible opportunity to continue his winning ways, just as Matt did nearly 15 years ago.”
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:Joey is staying put.
Kenseth to JGR.

I got 1/2 of it right.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:22 am

I guess Joey didn't want to go back to the NW series.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 pm

It's going to be strange to see Matt in the orange 20 but no matter I hope he is happy at Gibbs racing. The surprise to me was Lagono going to the Penske 22. If the change makes him happy then that's all that is necessary. He has a long career ahead of him and so far he will have have two upper level teams in his resume. Not everyone gets that chance.

I just want to add a little more about Matt. He is not a mickey mouse player. He does his job (and is fantastic at it) and goes home. He doesn't insult his team, owner or racing in general. He has kept himself out of the lime light because that is who he is. He has kept his slate clean and was loyal to Roush and sponsors. Now it's time to move on and that choice is his. I'm sure his fans will follow him.
Last edited by ndunn on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing