FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where will matt wind up?

<<

chip28018

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 am

Where will matt wind up?

Ok time to start the guessing game Matt kenseth will be replaced by Ricky stenhouse in 2013. Where does that put kenseth? I'm no expert but if I had to guess Joey's win isn't enough to save his job and matt will be the new driver of the 20 car. If you think you know or have a better plan I'd love to here it.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Where will matt wind up?

From JAYSKI....
Roush Fenway Racing announced that 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will compete for the team full-time in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition beginning in 2013, while Matt Kenseth and Roush Fenway will part ways at the conclusion of the 2012 season. "Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has more than proved his abilities on the race track," said team co-owner Jack Roush. "We feel that he is not only a key piece of our team's future, but a key piece of the future of the sport. Roush Fenway is an organization with a wonderful past and present, as well as an extremely promising future, and I can't think of a better candidate than Ricky to usher in the next era of success for the team. Of course, I'd like to thank Matt Kenseth for his many years of loyal service," added Roush. "Matt has been an integral part of this organization for well over a decade, and we are extremely appreciative of his accomplishments and contributions to the team, and will always consider him a part of the Roush Fenway family."(Roush Fenway Racing)(6-26-2012)
..............vvvvvvvv............vvvvvvvvv

Maybe Newman will leave SHR?? Don't know yet. If he does, I for one would LOVE to see Kenseth in the 39. Newman may end up with JGR in the 20 ? We'll have to wait and see buuuuuuut, who knows ? Where are the other "free agents" gonna end up ? We just gotta see who jumps and lands where first. This could be a VERY interesting off season..... :? :?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow, that is interesting! Silly season has started! Has Jack looked at the points lately?? I would love for Matt to come to SHR. In an interview last year someone asked Tony if he could hire anyone who would that be and he said Matt Kenseth. That was during the "where is Zippy going"?!?!
I am not sure that the Toyota's at JGR have resolved their problems and they are in fact are getting worse. They were all screaming on their radios about how terrible their cars were at Sonoma. Kyle especially. Joe Gibbs is a man of his word and he said Joey was staying. :?:

Now on the other hand MWR is doing great things with theirs. There is an opening there,if they don't pick up Vickers. Matt has always driven Fords...if that means anything. He could go to Penske if they go with Fords. Home Depot is a great sponsor and I am sure they would love Matt Kenseth. Just have to wait and see. :?: :?:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Annalee wrote:Wow, that is interesting! Silly season has started! Has Jack looked at the points lately?? I would love for Matt to come to SHR. In an interview last year someone asked Tony if he could hire anyone who would that be and he said Matt Kenseth. That was during the "where is Zippy going"?!?!
I am not sure that the Toyota's at JGR have resolved their problems and they are in fact are getting worse. They were all screaming on their radios about how terrible their cars were at Sonoma. Kyle especially. Joe Gibbs is a man of his word and he said Joey was staying. :?:

Now on the other hand MWR is doing great things with theirs. There is an opening there,if they don't pick up Vickers. Matt has always driven Fords...if that means anything. He could go to Penske if they go with Fords. Home Depot is a great sponsor and I am sure they would love Matt Kenseth. Just have to wait and see. :?: :?:

...who knows, bein' a former Champion and runnin' the way he is right now...he'll be the top of the free agent list.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Wow I can't believe this. They are really replacing Matt who is the points leader?

I want him to come to Stewart Haas racing in a fourth car bad. Where ever this guy goes he is going to up the performance of the team.

But I think he is going to Penske or Gibbs. Penske has wanted him in the past. And Gibbs would be crazy not to look at him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Don't you remember the pic of Matt's two little girls in the LOWES shopping cart? He who shops at Lowes can not drive for Home Depot! LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Well Sounds like he isn't going to Penske

JAMIE ALLISON -- "All of us at Ford are certainly disappointed to hear that Matt will be leaving, and he will be certainly missed by us and the Ford Racing fans. We are thankful for Matt's winning efforts and championship-caliber success with the Roush and Ford racing programs these past 16 years, both on and off the track. We will focus on this year and look forward to more success on the track in his No. 17 Ford Fusion this season."

This is how silly season will go down IMO

Matt Kenseth will go to the 20 car a JGR
Kurt Busch will come to SHR in a fourth car (I just have a gut feeling about this)
Joey Logano will go back to the nationwide series
Sam Hornish Jr replaces Aj Allmendinger
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 pm

JGR is talking a 4th team. So Matt goes to JGR. Logano stays at JGR. Now I dont know who would drive the 20 car, but if logic prevailed joey stays in the 20 car, Matt takes over the HD sponsor with the new car since his Champs provisional would keep them safe in the 1st 5 races next year.
Ryan stays at SHR unless Tony is gonna do another Darian Maneuver on Ryan. (Ryan really has no where else to go now)
Truex stays at MWR.

I have no idea what Kurt might get offered in the end.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:35 pm

I think Gibbs will go with a 4th car, I hope anyway. And, sorry, if the elf comes to SHR, I will no longer be a fan and will have lost all respect for them. This might seem drastic to some, but I do have a few standards. When the elf went to the Miller Lite 2 car, I stopped buying and drinking my favorite beer. That's just how I feel. I don't think Tony needs the sponsorship nightmare that comes with the elf. If he can't keep a sponsor for Ryan, how could he get/keep one for the "mouth from ####"? Matt is one of my favorite drivers and I truly hope he lands somewhere that he can be competitive. When it comes down to it, I don't think any driver would turn down a ride just because of the car manufacturer. A case in point is Clint Bowyer. I would never have pictured him in a Toyota, but there he is, and he's winning and having fun.

As usual, this is my opinion, love it or leave it :P
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 pm

I think a fourth car anywhere is a possibility for Matt simply because he is a past champion. But you have to think of sponsorship. Can JGR sponsor him and Logano? I don't see Gibbs being able to do that. Logano is giving himself a reason to be kept around in Cup though. But if Kenseth can get replaced by Wrecky, Logano can get replaced by Kenseth. Kenseth, Hamlin, Busch. Bad #### trio.

What makes me curious is that Roush fought hard to keep Edwards. He fought to keep Biffle. But when it was time to fight to keep the driver who won him his first championship he is shown the door? Never have been a fan of the way he does business.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 pm

if i was matt ,id be a lil bit upset that he has played 3rd string to the other two guys, here they bent over backwards to make sure carl had all his races sponsored for, and yet they are still piecing together sponsors for matt and he is a past champion with solid stats, biffle is makin his decline in points, there was no way he was gonna ride that out, carl is a warm/cold driver, where ever matt ends up, he will make that team stronger.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Joey is staying put.
Kenseth to JGR.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 pm

I too have heard the rumblings that Matty goes to JGR. I hope they get the bugs worked out of their engine problems if he does, otherwise I would say bad move. I am sure he would get a big commitment from JGR before he signs. Then that 4 car team would be a force to be reckoned with I'd say. Well except for Joey the super fab NW driver.

Jack, I know Stenhouse is the future of your company but I think you DIDN'T fight to keep the right guy. Do y'all think maybe Jack has been hit on the head one too many times?
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Doc, you nailed that one!! :lol:

What a way to "Thank" the best driver Jack ever had.....sad...if Matt is going to JGR I so wish him the best! He is truly one of the good guys. Wonder who his crew chief will be?

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Hope Matt winds up with a better situation than he has right now next year and kicks all the other Roush drivers a$$e$! RCR got rid of the wrong guy last year and we see where that's going! :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing