FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big disappointment

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Big disappointment

I spoke to my husband about what happened to you regarding the auction you won,paid for, and didn't get any satisfaction from the Foundation. After a short rant he suggests that perhaps somehow Tony is going to find out and try and make it right. That isn't a guarantee but we all know how Tony feels about his foundation and he gives to others all the time. Since this has hit facebook somehow some way Tony will know about it. It should hit the fan for the NASCAR Foundation. They cannot hold a fun raiser without fullfilling what they had posted as the auction win. They cannot in pure faith let this go as thin air you won.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:07 pm

ndunn wrote:I spoke to my husband about what happened to you regarding the auction you won,paid for, and didn't get any satisfaction from the Foundation. After a short rant he suggests that perhaps somehow Tony is going to find out and try and make it right. That isn't a guarantee but we all know how Tony feels about his foundation and he gives to others all the time. Since this has hit facebook somehow some way Tony will know about it. It should hit the fan for the NASCAR Foundation. They cannot hold a fun raiser without fullfilling what they had posted as the auction win. They cannot in pure faith let this go as thin air you won.

Just knowing that there are passionate people out there like yourself that understand how important this is means a lot.

I'm not worried about it. Now that 24-hours have passed, I see that I'm still alive and breathing and so what if my one dream failed. The money I donated will give some kid out there the chance to meet their NASCAR hero so I still win. Thank you though, but there are thousands of people out there hoping for 5-minutes of his time. What right do I? Maybe I had to sacrifice my 5-minutes for the good of someone else! I choose to look at it that way and let it go. Perhaps the opportunity will arise again. But in the mean time, I will still support the Foundation, but on my own terms. I will choose not to give them control over my dreams again, but I'll still help them fulfill the dreams of those less fortunate than myself.

I lived and I learned and maybe I'm a better person for it now!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Wow, that stinks. What a big letdown.
I'm sorry you got hosed.
Hopefully Tony will somehow hear about it and make it right. He's the kind of guy that would go out of his way to do something about that.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf I'm glad to see you have made peace with your disappointment. I'm not so sure I would be that forgiving. It was one of lifes mysteries that we deal with. But I'm sure the next time you donate it will be the same with no strings attached. The world needs more people like you..........
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

LeslieO

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm so sorry it turned out that way! You have a wonderful perspective on it. I agree that the Foundation should have had some sort of contingency plan in place (or at the very least appeared more apologetic that there wasn't one), but you're right-- in the end, the money you've donated is still being used for a good cause and that is a win.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Oh my gosh how utterly devastating for you!

Sorry for the late reply, i've been on the road...

Your attitude is amazing! i'm pretty dam sure i'd be very PO'd and not look at the bigger picture as you are doing. One thing you'll always have is your self-respect, and it looks as though you also have that of many of those who posted on this thread, and mine. That is as priceless as the children's dreams you're helping make come true.

I believe with all my heart that good things happen to good people, your day is coming!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:49 pm

azk8ster wrote:Oh my gosh how utterly devastating for you!

Sorry for the late reply, i've been on the road...

Your attitude is amazing! i'm pretty dam sure i'd be very PO'd and not look at the bigger picture as you are doing. One thing you'll always have is your self-respect, and it looks as though you also have that of many of those who posted on this thread, and mine. That is as priceless as the children's dreams you're helping make come true.

I believe with all my heart that good things happen to good people, your day is coming!

On a happier note the NASCAR Foundation did just send me an email and this is what it said... "We appreciate your time in expressing your concern and would like to make up for the rain issues to you and the other winners in August. Will you be able to attend the race at MIS in August? We would like to offer you the chance to come back in August and make your NASCAR Dream come true.".

I'm NOT getting my hopes up. The rest of the email was the classic, yes we need to have better contingency plans, etc, etc. In fact, you won't hear me mention this again on this forum and I told everyone else on FB and my family and friends that it will be as if it does not exist. I will NOT go through that heartbreak again. In fact, the Foundation won't even see me crack a smile unless it works this time. What will happen in August is beyond me, it doesn't say they will redo the parade lap so I have no idea what they are planning. All I know is they offered so we'll see what happens on 8/19. The August MIS race is notorious for having rain delays so I'm not going to get my hopes up at all. I am hoping the other winners can participate. There was was winner who drove a very long distance to participate. I think she was supposed to ride with Kasey Kahne. They were all great people so I hope they can try again.
Last edited by MyLadyWhiteWolf on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:53 pm

I can't believe I just saw this thread.

That sucks! I hope you get another chance to meet Tony.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

MLWW, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you at the Aug race. Living so close to the track, you've got to give it another try... GO FOR IT :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing