FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Logano back to nationwide next year?

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Logano back to nationwide next year?

Any see Marty Snider talking on tv. He said that Gibbs is going to offer him a contract, but it might be in the nationwide series. That it is up to Joey Logano to accept it.
Now that is interesting. Should he accept it and go down a series but still race for Gibbs? Or go to a smaller cup team and stay in cup? Kyle Petty made a great point (finally). That one win doesn't guarantee you a ride in Cup. That it is important to have all the sponsors on board.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Logano back to nationwide next year?

I didnt think or hear of only having a Nationwide ride. It would make sense, & bring him up as a 4th car from time to time until they got more sposnors for 4 teams. But honestly the only way I could see any of that being remotely true, is if HD really doesnt want him as their driver. (which I am not sold on)
The only thing I was hoping for was JL turning down JGR for richer pastures. (opening up the ride for Ryan) :mrgreen:
However I really dont see Joey leaving :(
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I didnt think or hear of only having a Nationwide ride. It would make sense, & bring him up as a 4th car from time to time until they got more sposnors for 4 teams. But honestly the only way I could see any of that being remotely true, is if HD really doesnt want him as their driver. (which I am not sold on)
The only thing I was hoping for was JL turning down JGR for richer pastures. (opening up the ride for Ryan) :mrgreen:
However I really dont see Joey leaving :(

What is better than a Cup ride at JGR?
I too don't see Joey leaving the 20. But you never know. I think Home Depot wants him to make the chase or bust.
I do wonder who they would put in the 20 car if Joey were demoted.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 pm

I didn't take it as NW. He said whether it's in Cup or NW. If they have sponsorship, I don't see a change coming. They have a lot invested in him, Joe said that out-right and they have faith in his abilities. They put him in this situation, they need to see it through. Like Joey said, what was he to do, turn it down? No one in their right mind would have done that. Geez, he's only 22. Personally, I don't think he and Zippy ever had a good connection. Zippy was too used to Tony and how he liked his cars. Until Joey gains about 40 pounds, he'll never be able to muscle a car like Tony does. I'd give him a year's contract if sponsorship is available and see what he does. After that, he'd be on his own. That's just how I feel about it...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:51 am

JGR wants to keep Joey Logano

By David Newton | ESPN.com

BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Joe Gibbs doesn't have any plans to let Joey Logano go after this season.

Gibbs said before Sunday's rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway that he planned to re-sign the 22-year-old driver, whose contract with Joe Gibbs Racing expires after this season.

"Obviously, we've been together for a long time," Gibbs said. "We've got a lot invested. He's our guy and we plan on going forward ... right now in the 20 car."

Logano won last week's Cup race at Pocono to snap a 104-race losing streak and silenced many of the critics speculating he would be replaced by Kurt Busch next season.

"I hope this shuts them up," Logano said after the win that propelled him into a tie with Ryan Newman for 14th in points and the second wild card spot for the Chase.

Logano also has won four of the last five Nationwide races he's entered and has five victories in the series on the season. The biggest question is the status of primary sponsor Home Depot in the Cup series.

"There's no sense going through a bunch of issues," Gibbs said. "We're solid in the points and Joey is stepping up. We're counting on him being with us."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks, HH! That ends that story.........now what is ESPN, Speed and TNT going to talk about? Jr won, Joey stays and............oh Kurt!! Better mind your P's and Q's...

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:39 am

If the media can't find anything to write about they can always make up something and start a real fire storm. Do they really have to dwell on negative? I suppose they have a bug in their brain so a real question (as Tony has mentioned) never happens. I do believe things are so far out of reality they don't know any better. NASCAR wonders what happened to the fan base. This fan has had enough of blasting this one or that one or hiring idiots that have no conception of what Journalism is. Is it the fact this country only is interested in something explosive and not just plain educational? If that is the case our grandchildren have a future of way too much water in their soup.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing