FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch has heated exchange with reporter

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Kurt Busch has heated exchange with reporter

Smokeshow14 wrote:Kurt has won a championship (beat Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon), 24 races, and has won at least one race a season since 2002. That is phenomenal. He may be an ####. But he is as good as any driver out there.

that doesnt give him an excuse to be a dooch!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Kurt has won a championship (beat Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon), 24 races, and has won at least one race a season since 2002. That is phenomenal. He may be an ####. But he is as good as any driver out there.

that doesnt give him an excuse to be a dooch!

Who said it did?
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:The media just needs to leave him alone.
For better or for worse they can make a driver's career.

The media can't leave him alone and he knows that. There are press conference obligations, such as he was required to go to yesterday, finishing in 3rd place. There is no defending him anymore. He just sat out a Cup race and the minute he's back at the track, nothing has changed. He's a good driver, not great and certainly not phenomenal. If he was phenomenal, he'd have a sponsor, mouth or no mouth. 1 championship is nothing compared to 3, 4 or 5.

I, for one, am sick of hearing about him and am even sicker seeing anyone try to defend him. How many strikes does he get? Will it go till he finally snaps and attacks someone? Ugh...

And how many cars has he wrecked now? Oh yeah, he's a phenomenal driver :roll:

The dude does not abide...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Rochelle wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:The media just needs to leave him alone.
For better or for worse they can make a driver's career.

The media can't leave him alone and he knows that. There are press conference obligations, such as he was required to go to yesterday, finishing in 3rd place. There is no defending him anymore. He just sat out a Cup race and the minute he's back at the track, nothing has changed. He's a good driver, not great and certainly not phenomenal. If he was phenomenal, he'd have a sponsor, mouth or no mouth. 1 championship is nothing compared to 3, 4 or 5.

I, for one, am sick of hearing about him and am even sicker seeing anyone try to defend him. How many strikes does he get? Will it go till he finally snaps and attacks someone? Ugh...

And how many cars has he wrecked now? Oh yeah, he's a phenomenal driver :roll:

The dude does not abide...

How is a champion not a great driver?
I don't like the guy, but what happened with Smith was b.s. This is why I respect people like DIck Bergrren and Steve Byrnes so much, that if a driver was hot, for whatever reason, and he asked to be given some space and some time, you respected that choice and reported it accurately (Byrnes specifically mentioned on Sirius Speedway a week or two ago about a situation with Tony back about 10 years ago. He said on-air "Tony has declined an interview at this time" and let Tony go cool off.) I know many times I've seen a driver be really agitated and the reporter respectfully give him some space and come back later.

Now we have these ESPN idiots who will literally chase a driver across the driver introduction stage and jump into the parade lap truck with them and not let them get away (see: Jamie Little with Kevin Harvick a few years ago). I'm sorry, but the whole ESPN crew pisses me off to no end. They constantly try to incite stuff with people and when drivers try to get some space, they won't back off. Now these reporters just won't back off, chase people down with a microphone, and walk right along with a driver when it's obvious that they're peeved about something. They want to get that "sound bite" to make headlines on SportsCenter and start crap. I think Kurt was totally in the wrong for attacking Pockrass in the way he did. Here, I think Kurt had every right to go all Jimmy Spencer on Marty Smith because Marty truly tried to escalate the situation. ESPN has become the TMZ of NASCAR.

Disclaimer: He could get kicked out of his ride AGAIN and I would laugh AGAIN. He needs help though, don't know who is willing to help him though.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Marty Smith is a pretty dam good at his job and i could care less if Kurt Busch ever races in Nascar again as he is a class A jackass! Hee Haw-Hee Haw!
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing