FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Montoya once again shows what kind of fool he is

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Montoya once again shows what kind of fool he is

Juan Pablo Montoya did a 12 on 12 interview with Jeff Gluck (a writer who has said that he thinks Smoke is an ####). Gluck asked Montoya who he thought raced him the cleanest. He said this.

JPM: "Tony (Stewart). But it's all relative, you know what I mean? A lot of people hate Tony because he's too aggressive, and some people think the same about me. But Tony and myself, we just give each other a lot of room and laugh about it and get along really well."

Now that is kind of a back handed compliment. To me he was just trying to paint Smoke in the same way he is seen.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Montoya once again shows what kind of fool he is

you have to understand he is from another country and even tho his english is good, sometimes when he speaks, it comes out different, i understood what he meant, i didnt see it as a back handed compliment. and if it was im sure tony will say something, but its not as bad as ya think, in some sick way i like jpm, not the driver, but the man is a good man.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:14 pm

This little agreement between JP and Tony probably happened after Homestead a couple of years ago!! Their on track squabble cost them both some money. :lol: :lol: MJ you are not going to believe this but I like him too! He says what's on his mind, you may not like it but that is JP. Any one who can hit a jet drier and live to talk about it, can't be all bad! :) :lol: 8-)
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Well I think JPM is a Image Bag.

He may say what is on his mind, but his thoughts are delusional.
Of course they give each other room.
When tony is lapping him, Tony doesnt want to get wrecked by a lapped car, & JPM knows tony will retaliate if JPM crowds tony. So they give each other room. Unless it is a roadcourse they never see each other except when tony laps him.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm

On the track, JPM is an idiot. Off the track, I think he's pretty funny. Before they ruined Trackside, I used to enjoy the times JPM was on. He doesn't give a crap about much, such as the politics of NASCAR, he would give flippant answers to "NASCAR" type questions. And, yes, you do have to give him some leeway because he's bilingual. I've dealt with this a lot at work and you need to understand what is said isn't always what is meant. I believe what he said was a compliment to Tony, after all, Tony has made the transition from open wheel and JPM has not. I personally think JPM respects that.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Pretty much think i need not comment on JPM,it's better to say nothing if you can't think of anything good to say. :)
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well I think JPM is a Image Bag.

He may say what is on his mind, but his thoughts are delusional.
Of course they give each other room.
When tony is lapping him, Tony doesnt want to get wrecked by a lapped car, & JPM knows tony will retaliate if JPM crowds tony. So they give each other room. Unless it is a roadcourse they never see each other except when tony laps him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now who can argue with that!
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't like JPM either but I do agree with him about his relationship with Tony. I've seen the 2 of them talk crap about each other and then see some candid photos or video the next week of them laughing together. I have always thought they have a weird relationship in that way. I don't know if Tony likes JPM as a person off the track but I've come to that conclusion a few times during the past several years.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:24 am

JPM's English may not be as good as mine or anyone else born in the states. But he know enough to structure a sentence. Like Schmoopy said he is delusional in his own head.

I think he and Tony may be friends, but mostly because having someone who will wreck somebody if you make contact with him if it is your fault or not as your friend has it's advantages. Which is why all drivers hate racing against Juan.

He is like Angelina Jolie (one of five people in the world that I hate). They were both great starting out, won big (Jolie won an academy award, Montoya won a Cart championship and the Indianapolis 500). Both are big humanitarians and go to different countries for their charities. Both ventured out to do different things (Jolie comedies and horrors and for JPM NASCAR) and have been mediocre ever since.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't really believe Juan really wants to take on Tony. Tony knows who is a phony and who isn't. I believe he respects Juan in the racing he did before NASCAR. It wouldn't surprise me if Juan is still trying to get used to what we say and how we say it. I suppose if we went to Columbia we'd have a tough time being understood. As for the sending the money out of the country well that is his home country which if your not in the drug business you can possibly live a rugged life. He is just trying to give back.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing