FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Congrats Joey!

<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Congrats Joey!

Very happy for Joey, he drove his little butt off! It was so cute on Denny's radio, right after Joey passed Mark, he said "Go Joey!"

Also congrats to Tony on his 3rd place...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Congrats Joey!

Mark Martin is a class act..................
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:55 pm

ya joey did good, he was going to have to nudge martin out of the way if he wanted to win....

lets hope nascar shares with the teams where the timing lines are next week.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:20 pm

michaeljohn wrote:ya joey did good, he was going to have to nudge martin out of the way if he wanted to win....

They talked about that on the Victory Lane show. They said Michigan timing lines were not changed. You would think that if they had changed the number of feet in between them, they would have made a point of that in the drivers meeting. Pocono did more than just repaving, hence the changes on pit road. Oh well, what's done is done.

Joey made the perfect move on Mark, knew he was loose but didn't wreck him. I felt bad for Mark, but he knew Joey had the faster car. I didn't like the post race interviews with Joey, they kept remarking on how he needed to win to keep his ride, what a relief it must be, etc. Whatever, he earned that pole and that win.

And I know not too many people like Kyle, but two engine failures back to back? WTH... Gibbs needs to go back to doing his own engines. That's just not acceptable, for any driver.

On to Michigan!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm okay with what Logano did to Martin because he didn't wreck him. That was a great move it reminded me of what Mayfield did to Earnhardt here in 2000. That will go down as one of the best finishes in NASCAR IMO. If he had wrecked him I would have threw him under the bus.

Logano amidst people saying he should get fired rose to the occasion. Not a fan but well done. Looks like he will be keeping his ride.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 am

Rochelle wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:ya joey did good, he was going to have to nudge martin out of the way if he wanted to win....

They talked about that on the Victory Lane show. They said Michigan timing lines were not changed. You would think that if they had changed the number of feet in between them, they would have made a point of that in the drivers meeting. Pocono did more than just repaving, hence the changes on pit road. Oh well, what's done is done.

Joey made the perfect move on Mark, knew he was loose but didn't wreck him. I felt bad for Mark, but he knew Joey had the faster car. I didn't like the post race interviews with Joey, they kept remarking on how he needed to win to keep his ride, what a relief it must be, etc. Whatever, he earned that pole and that win.

And I know not too many people like Kyle, but two engine failures back to back? WTH... Gibbs needs to go back to doing his own engines. That's just not acceptable, for any driver.

On to Michigan!

i dont follow the 18 that much, but is there something the team could be doing to the engine once they get em, hence the failure? that is odd in general for a gibbs engine to go 2 weeks in a row.
many drivers do the bump n run, so no one can dog joey for doin it, i thought it was a good race overall, except for the timeline, to have that many people get busted and only address it midway during the race is fooey, but that is nascar for ya! there was a total of 18 of em, and JJ had 17 hahaha
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 am

MJ, Chad didn't pick up the memo. Ryan Pemberton said it was there for the crew chief's to pick up and it is their responsibility. Most did, Steve Addington did. Like Jr said if you speed once, then the next time you come in you slow down! Not a hard concept. You should watch Victory Lane they explained it very well.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 am

i dont watch nascar shows, they bore me, i just went with what they said on tv, so chad made a goof, they still kicked butt and had a awesome finish.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 am

The ones who got busted are the ones who typically "push it" week to week, you gamble, you lose sometimes. In fact, I think they should change the timing lines every week and not tell anyone, I mean, what's the point of the speed limit on pit road anyway? I thought it was for the safety of the crews and NA$CAR personnel? So how is it safe to let guys "legally" speed?(up to as much as 75 mph in some segments, if I heard McReynolds right) If it's TRULY about safety why not keep everybody ACTUALLY AT 50 mph?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Kyle Petty and Wally Dallenbach tried to make it seem like NASCAR was fing up. No. It was the teams not aware of the timing lines who were pushing it that were fing up. In Johnson's case he f'ed up twice. That one caution saved his race.

I think NASCAR should just not tell anyone where the timing lines are.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Kyle Petty and Wally Dallenbach tried to make it seem like NASCAR was fing up. No. It was the teams not aware of the timing lines who were pushing it that were fing up. In Johnson's case he f'ed up twice. That one caution saved his race.

I think NASCAR should just not tell anyone where the timing lines are.

Totally agree Smokeshow. I didn't see the race but I've watched some coverage since. Interesting what happened. Even Tony admitted it seemed like there was something strange about the exit lines but didn't know what it could possibly be and mentioned Steve checked the lines before the race. Guess there is such thing as a coincidence but ??
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

the big thing nowadays is pitting near the timing line, even the great tony stewart does it, everybody is looking for the edge because the comp is that tight, now if nascar wants to change it and not tell anyone, doesnt bother me, but they cant change it, i wasnt upset cuz johnson got busted, it was kinda of funny, so i was makin a joke to rochelle, but i forgot where i was,
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:12 pm

I don't think any of the commentators were trying to say NASCAR f'd up. They couldn't believe there were so many penalties and were speculating as to what the problem might be. With that many penalties and some drivers having more than one, the obvious assumption was that there was something wrong with the timing lines. And yes, I know what assuming does... They weren't throwing anyone under the bus. They kept digging into the cause and eventually came up with the problem. And no, I'm not sticking up for the commentators, just stating what seems obvious to me. Yes, it was the crew chiefs job to go and pick up any notices that were available to them, but I still think it should have been brought up in the drivers meeting. What's done is done. At least they know that Michigan didn't change any timing lines since they only repaved the track and didn't make any changes to pit road. At least that's what was said yesterday, but we'll see what happens Sunday.

It didn't upset me that anyone in particular got a speeding penalty, I was just wondering wth was going on. JJ was kind of funny in his interview after the race. He thought the problem was that he didn't time it right on the yellow line exiting pit road. He said he thought it was when the nose of the car passed the line, but when he got the second penalty, he thought maybe it was when the back end of the car passed the yellow line. It's every teams job to spend as little time on pit road as possible, so I understand the drivers using the timing lines to their advantage. They all do it, it's just that some do it better than others. I do agree, that for the sake of the pit crews, they should just hold to the speed limit, but that's impossible to enforce. If just one driver doesn't do that, then none of them will since the competition is so tight. When a race can be won by 1/1000th of a second, you have to try to get an advantage any where you can.

Sheesh, didn't mean to hog the soap box. This is all just my opinion.

Anyway, I think Joey ran a heck of a race yesterday and truly deserved the win. I just hope he keeps his ride and continues to improve.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Rochelle wrote:I don't think any of the commentators were trying to say NASCAR f'd up. They couldn't believe there were so many penalties and were speculating as to what the problem might be. With that many penalties and some drivers having more than one, the obvious assumption was that there was something wrong with the timing lines. And yes, I know what assuming does... They weren't throwing anyone under the bus. They kept digging into the cause and eventually came up with the problem. And no, I'm not sticking up for the commentators, just stating what seems obvious to me. Yes, it was the crew chiefs job to go and pick up any notices that were available to them, but I still think it should have been brought up in the drivers meeting. What's done is done. At least they know that Michigan didn't change any timing lines since they only repaved the track and didn't make any changes to pit road. At least that's what was said yesterday, but we'll see what happens Sunday.

It didn't upset me that anyone in particular got a speeding penalty, I was just wondering wth was going on. JJ was kind of funny in his interview after the race. He thought the problem was that he didn't time it right on the yellow line exiting pit road. He said he thought it was when the nose of the car passed the line, but when he got the second penalty, he thought maybe it was when the back end of the car passed the yellow line. It's every teams job to spend as little time on pit road as possible, so I understand the drivers using the timing lines to their advantage. They all do it, it's just that some do it better than others. I do agree, that for the sake of the pit crews, they should just hold to the speed limit, but that's impossible to enforce. If just one driver doesn't do that, then none of them will since the competition is so tight. When a race can be won by 1/1000th of a second, you have to try to get an advantage any where you can.

Sheesh, didn't mean to hog the soap box. This is all just my opinion.

Anyway, I think Joey ran a heck of a race yesterday and truly deserved the win. I just hope he keeps his ride and continues to improve.

i like your opinions, you keep a open mind about all the drivers and not spin a topic to benefit who you like,
JJ tweeted an article that had a comment from brad k about the speeding in which he said "im leaning towards we all suck." now that is a great comment, shows ya he can goof on himself and not take this nascar stuff so seriously...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Mark Martin is a class act..................

You got that right, Doc!!! He was not going to say anything negative about Joey during the post-race interview.

Congrats to Joey on his 2nd Cup win!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing