FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Guess I Won't Have Another

<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Guess I Won't Have Another

I just read where I'll Have Another, the Derby and Preakness winner has been scratched from the Belmont Stakes. Seems he has a "tender" tendon in his left rear leg. He had shin problems last year and was off a few months. This is very disappointing for us horse racing fans. His trainer said he may not race again. At least his owner and trainer are doing what's best for him. The last thing we need is another Barbaro tragedy. I hope he comes through this ok and gets healthy.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Guess I Won't Have Another

That is too bad! I so wanted another "Triple Crown winner"! I still think in his pictures he looks really thin and not very muscular.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 pm

I was really looking forward to watching the Belmont. Now, not so much
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:28 pm

I give Kudos to the owners. You know they have to be getting a ton of pressure from whoever promotes the belmont to put him in the race. Not to mention all the personal selfish reasons that they could claim going for the triple crown.
I wish them luck with their other horses in other races. Hope Karma shows them favor for their decision to protect their horse.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I was really looking forward to watching the Belmont. Now, not so much

I agree doc.

They said this is the first time that the Derby and Preakness winner has been scratched. I do applaud the trainer and owner but dang, it's such a letdown :(
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:31 pm

I agree with Schmoopy1000. It takes real concerned people to make the choice of not to race. The Karma should reward them in a spectacular way. At least in the way I feel about Karma it would.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Ok, I read another article this morning that said he has a swollen tendon in his front leg. It's the beginning of tendonitis. They galloped him and the swelling came back so not only is he scratched, but retired as well. They said he's too valuable to take a chance. They said he could race but he wouldn't be at his best. I think that's smart since he had shin splints last year and had to be off a few months. It's too bad, I was so looking forward to the race.
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I'll have another>>>Image
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:50 pm

jsw14 wrote:I'll have another>>>Image

Cheers j :!:

I was just watching them parade him around. They said a lot of people came to see him so they saddled him up and brought him out. He looks like he's put some weight on and he looks really good now. They were going to let him lead the post parade, but they were afraid he'd get too excited thinking he was going to race. Also found out that he's not fully insured. Seems kind of strange but then again his value has gone sky high the last 5 weeks. I wish him well and hope he can maybe sire a Triple Crown winning colt (or filly would be nice!).

My pick now for this race is Union Rags, who's been off since the Derby where he had a terrible trip :D
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

I'll go with a Filly>>>$$$$$$$$$
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"

Return to NASCAR & Racing