FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch suspended, probaton extended

<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Re: Kurt Busch suspended, probaton extended

michaeljohn wrote:regardless if you mean it or not, you dont threaten people with physical violence, its just shows you how low class a person can be, he got what he deserved, i seen people bring up tony on other boards, tony doesnt say " im gonna kick your ash." he comes up with something funny and makes the reporters look stupid, kurt brought it on himself, like i always say he doesnt respect the sport, and guess what?? the sport doesnt need him.

Not a KuBu fan. Despise Pockrass. All that aside, the statement KuBu made was not a threat. It was the opposite: assurance that he was not going to use physical violence. A provocation, to be sure, but not a threat.
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:12 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:regardless if you mean it or not, you dont threaten people with physical violence, its just shows you how low class a person can be, he got what he deserved, i seen people bring up tony on other boards, tony doesnt say " im gonna kick your ash." he comes up with something funny and makes the reporters look stupid, kurt brought it on himself, like i always say he doesnt respect the sport, and guess what?? the sport doesnt need him.

Not a KuBu fan. Despise Pockrass. All that aside, the statement KuBu made was not a threat. It was the opposite: assurance that he was not going to use physical violence. A provocation, to be sure, but not a threat.

provocation or threat, it still makes you look dumb and classes to say something like, and you maybe correct in your observation, it something that didnt need to be said, he could have called him a fool or not even acknowledge the question, but he wanted to, he wanted the confrontation, so he got what he deserved.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 pm

This is Tony's opinion about the whole deal. Not alot of nice things to say about Pockcrass
http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/ton ... on-last-sa

Interesting quotes from Kurt's Cup crew chief Nick Harrison:

"The whole deal has been blown out of proportion,” Harrison said. “Kurt’s under the microscope right now and I just wish people would leave him alone and let him do his job. Yes, Kurt has a strong personality, but when he’s out of the car, he’s just one of the guys. He’s one of us. That’s hard to find in the garage these days.

“Sure, he gets mad on the radio but I can’t say a lot of it wasn’t deserved. We’ve let him down at times this year. This sport is hard. It’s very competitive. We put our blood and guts into it and when things go the wrong way, it’s tough. I know. I’m a high emotion guy, too.

“What I admire most about Kurt is how real he is. There are a lot of drivers that just turn it on for the camera. That’s fake. That’s part of the problem with our sport right now. Kurt gives the cameras real live action – in living color. But that’s the real Kurt.”

Bob said on the hub that he didn't feel threaten by Kurt Busch that he thought it was just another driver getting mad at the media.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:38 am

i think people tend to forget one thing, homestead last year, and how he totally disrespected dr jerry for no reason, maybe at the end of the day what he said isnt that big of a deal, but the point is, he did it again, he doesnt care, and if what you posted is true, about him cussing the crew out, i dont blame finch if he doesnt call him, people make mistakes, pit crew make mistakes, i know u dont like when i bring up JJ, but did you hear him flip out when the crew had the miscue on pit road? no, cuz that isnt his style, and he said "we win and lose as a team" cussing and yelling at someone isnt going to get them to perform at their best, i had a boss like that in my early 20's and it was horrible, he would yell at anyone for the littlest thing, but then i got transferred to the total opposite of a boss, he kept things light, would talk to everyone on a personal level, and we busted out butts for that guy, because he appreciated what we did, where as the other guy, we all did the bare minimum cuz we did not like him,
kurt needs a reality check, he needs to step away for a year and work on himself, at the rate he is going he will burn all bridges in the garage.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 am

I have never liked it when a driver constantly bashing their team every week. Kyle Busch used to do it but he has calmed down. Kevin Harvick wasn't as bad but he did once call his pit crew "a bunch of buffoons" but he said he has decided to take a quieter approach.

Johnson is too classy to do that to his team. Which is why they have won so many championships and races. Most drivers now a days don't throw their teams out on the bus publicly. Brad Keselowski and Jamie McMurray said it best "it does no good at all." He needs to keep his fire without being an ####.

In the end of the day, Kurt has only one last chance. If he fs up again he won't be in a ride next year. People are referring to him as damaged goods. It reminds me kinda of what happened to Jeremy Mayfield before the who drug testing scandal. He got himself fired from Penske like Kurt for running his mouth, and got himself fired from Evernham for running his mouth. Got himself fired from Haas before Tony became a half owner because Gene Haas didn't want someone had had a history of that.

Jeremy became damaged goods and Kurt is heading down that road. No sponsors want him, no teams really want him. It is almost like he should take a sabbatical from cup for a year, maybe just race for his brother or something. He said that 2012 was about fun, doesn't look like fun.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:17 am

just seems like he is tryin to create a bad boy image, which is fine, but blew up on him, i know a few weeks ago monster kinda egged him on by sayin they "liked the rebel part of busch." well they dont sponsor his cup car, but once, and if these rumors are true about JGR, i wonder if they will back off now?
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:39 pm

One thing is for sure that none of the "good ole boys" would make it through an interview with most of todays so called reporters. So unless all the drivers go through Charm School so they can answer all the questions with a straight face they'll have more people blowing up.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

J.D Gibbs was on Sirius radio and spoke about Kurt Busch, He said because of his recent off track behavior that Kurt isn't even on their radar.

His JGR chances are done before they even got started.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm

I just read an article by Lee Spencer where Finch said he has a meeting with the elf on Tuesday, the day before his suspension is over. He said that between Cup and NW, he's wrecked 14 cars. He also stated Kurt is running out of options. I thought he was supposed to be working with someone on his anger/attitude? I can't understand throwing away one of the best jobs on the planet just because you can't shut your trap. Geez, if I can do it, anyone can...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 pm

14 cars in 13 points week. Nice.
You think he would call Cassil & ask him to come back LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm

I thought there was a handshake on the fact Kurt couldn't leave the contract and the owner wouldn't fire him for this year. If he blows this Kurt can blame no one but himself. I suggest he bites his tongue until it bleeds and he shallows it. In the first place why not just answer the stupid question with a stupid answer or two famous words "NO COMMENT". I don't see how the rules police could complain about that....
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Call Landon and ask him to come back? How about beg. Landon always seems to give a good effort for sure
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 am

Here is how that phone call would go (If I was Landon anyway)

Ring, Ring

Landon:Hello?

James:Landon?

Landon:Hey James.

James:Hows it going?

Landon:Great had a top 20 at Charlotte a few weeks ago. We wrecked at Dover but were good.

James:I know, Kurt Busch finished 27th four laps down. He wrecked a car in qualifying too.

Landon:I know.

James:I am thinking of going another direction so I was wondering if you would drive for me again?

Landon:James last year you said that I did a great job but "I wasn't in the running for that car".

James: Hey it isn't my fault that your fans were the ones that recorded Kurt when he dissed Dr.Punch.

Landon:I have a good thing going here, I get free whoopers. I see why Tony always was happy.

James:You can come on my yacht!

Landon:The owner of Burger King has a yacht.

James:Please this guy is such an ####!

Landon:Should have thought about before you fired me. Bye.

Hangs ups the phone.
:D
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 am

i read a interview about the CC of the 51 car, and he said he stands by kurt, and that kurt was not out of line yelling at the crew, he says the crew needed it, he sounds like a real J.A.
then i read how finch said busch tore 14 cars between NW and Cup, and he said they guys at the garage are busting their butts just to keep up, this is defiantly turning into a lose lose deal for finch.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 am

I read that too. I can't believe the cc was sticking up for him, but then again, he has to work for him, for the time being. If the pit crew needs to be talked to, it's his job, not the elf's. I would think that their moral would need to be boosted, not destroyed. Besides, he's not on a top team anymore, what did he expect? He's really a poor excuse for a human being, in my opinion.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing