FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch suspended, probaton extended

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Kurt Busch suspended, probaton extended

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has suspended Kurt Busch until June 13 and has extended his probation until Dec. 31 for his actions following the Nationwide Series race June 2 at Dover International Speedway.

Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing; violation of probation; verbal abuse to a media member) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. Busch had been placed on probation May 15 for his actions during the May 12 Sprint Cup Series event at Darlington Raceway. That probation was scheduled to end July 25.

http://www.nascar.com/news/120604/kbusc ... index.html

Looks like NASCAR is doing to him what they did to Kyle, teaching him that Kurt needs NASCAR more then NASCAR needs him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Kurt Busch suspended, probaton extended

It is about time!! I feel really bad for Phoenix Racing for giving him a chance and he returns the favor like this. I hope he gets the message!! Probably not........

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Annalee wrote:It is about time!! I feel really bad for Phoenix Racing for giving him a chance and he returns the favor like this. I hope he gets the message!! Probably not........

there should be some decent drivers to plug into the car for one race. If not take a NW driver & give them a dream ride for the weekend. I would love to see whoever runs the car next week kick #### in it & finish the race without hitting the wall from overdriving. That would make me grin.

What exactly did Kurt do anyways? Hope it isnt over the JA thing, because that wasnt anything.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:57 pm

That is what Kurt did.

J.D Gibbs said today on Sirius radio that because of his off track behavior, that Kurt Busch isn't even on their radar.

This has gotten sad. Kurt is a great driver, but he needs to get a grip. I don't like him, but at the same time I hate seeing someone ruining themselves. It is obvious that getting fired from Penske did nothing to him. This suspension should. Otherwise he is going to be the story of someone who wasted their talent.

Look at Kyle Busch, after NASCAR parked him he has changed He is chilled, not running his mouth, but still races hard. He hasn't caused controversy all year.

On the hub Matt Clark said he spoke to a sponsor that said they wouldn't sponsor Kurt for 50% of the cost. Tony said on wind tunnel that he thinks that something in Kurt's personal life is affecting him at the track. Could be.

I think they should put Justin Allgaier in the car. That would be too funny as their confrontation lad Kurt to doing what he did. I could see Finch doing something like that.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:35 pm

for verbally attacking a media member,
when the person asked about the probation kurt replied " it refrains from me beating the sh*t out of you, because you ask me stupid questions."
deserves everything he gets, ya never threaten people with violence, it takes a man to refrain from using violence,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Can't believe i'm going to try and defend this jackwad but,it did appear Bob was trying to make something out of nothing,stir the pot sort a speak. The conversation was long over bettween Kurt and Justin,they agreed to disagree as to what happened during the race and it was over.Then after the live interviews,here comes Bob bringing up Kurt being on probation and you could see where he was going with it.Kurt is no saint as we all know and i can't blame him for being angry,but he could have handled it better.
Last edited by wolfgang on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

bugeaters

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Ryan is right, Kurt has a chemical imbalance.

I read somewhere that Vickers will be in the 51 car @ Pocono.
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I just don't understand how/why he just can't shut his mouth. It's very easy to do. You just take a deep breath and close your mouth. Since he can't seem to shut his mouth, I'm guessing he doesn't swim much...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

LeslieO

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 am

I can't believe I'm saying this, because I've never liked Kurt, but I feel for him at the moment. It's no fun to see someone basically destroying their successful career. He's a very good driver, and it's a shame.

I can even understand how he came to that point of going off on the journalist. I don't feel as a Tony Stewart fan that I can say anything otherwise. The majority of what Kurt said there is pretty much identical to things Tony has said numerous times. The difference is 1) "it's preventing me from kicking your ####" and 2) Kurt was on probation at the time. I understand that and I certainly agree that he should have held his tongue. I may chuckle at Tony's tirades against stupid questions, but he should knock it off, too, when he does those things.

Kurt was absolutely wrong and I'm not saying he shouldn't have been punished. Whether or not I can understand or sympathize while thinking of the days my driver has lost his handle, the bottom line is he's a grown man and at some point he's just got to figure out a way to stop. Normally I roll my eyes and dismiss Kurt because that's exactly why I don't like him-- I don't perceive that he has a desire to stop. This time around, I find myself sad for him that that seems to be the case.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:14 am

wolfgang wrote:Can't believe i'm going to try and defend this jackwad but,it did appear Bob was trying to make something out of nothing,stir the pot sort a speak. The conversation was long over bettween Kurt and Justin,they agreed to disagree as to what happened during the race and it was over.Then after the live interviews,here comes Bob bringing up Kurt being on probation and you could see where he was going with it.Kurt is no saint as we all know and i can't blame him for being angry,but he could have handled it better.

I have to agree here with you wolfgang. I realize Kurt has a long road to get better but the media doesn't have to bait the person who is already a basket case. My reply to any question asked after the NASCAR interview is over just stare at the reporter, ask how the wife and kids are and then perhaps look at the sky and mumble "looks like rain don't it? As for the probation bit it's none of the reporters business. If Kurt does have a chemical imbalance he should get a complete physical and get medical help. It's not the end of the world. I inherited this medical condition and with medicine I function quite well. In my family there is 4 generations of us with the same condition. I would be very disappointed if my family was made fun of for a condition they didn't ask for.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:02 pm

wolfgang wrote:Can't believe i'm going to try and defend this jackwad but,it did appear Bob was trying to make something out of nothing,stir the pot sort a speak. The conversation was long over bettween Kurt and Justin,they agreed to disagree as to what happened during the race and it was over.Then after the live interviews,here comes Bob bringing up Kurt being on probation and you could see where he was going with it.Kurt is no saint as we all know and i can't blame him for being angry,but he could have handled it better.

I disagree, Bob was doing his job - he was asking.. Stupid question or not, but it exist magic sentence: "No comment."
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 pm

funny thing is, they started doing all these pitroad interviews to get drivers comments & reactions while the coals were still hot. Nowadays with all the PC crap, it is rediculous.
Just watched the youtube SS14 presented & all I did was roll my eyes at Kurts comments. That wasnt bad & we all know Kurt isnt gonna pick a fight with no crew members around. That is just silly.
Nascar is making an example of Kurt to present nascars power over drivers.
Sorry after watching the clip I cant get behind all the shouldnt threaten someone point of view. Way worse crap gets said in way more serious way every weekend at the tracks.
BTW reporters willl try & dig up the dirt or stir the pot, & I am sure this guy was hoping for some kind of sound bite from Kurt (& got it) but the question wasnt way out there at all. It was the topic of conversation after the race. What was the deal between Kurt & JA.

So Kurt was being retarded, but I dont see that as a suspension offense. He got suspended for being Kurt in this instance (IMO)

Kinda like back in the day Ernie Irvan would get blamed for a wreck if he was on the same straightaway for awhile. They made their own (perceptions) beds. (but this is a stupid suspension)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 pm

The question:

Did it impact you on how you raced Justin, the fact that you are on probation?

Possibile answer's:

No it didn't

You are mindfull of it sure, but you are still out there to win.

To be honest, I don't think about it.

I'm not going to answer that.

I see nothing wrong with the question. And to answer it the way he did knowing full well that a camera was present was really dumb IMO. He even alluded to the fact that being on probation, it might not have been the best answer he could have given. He really gave them no choice but to come down on him. NASCAR is trying to send Kurt a message with this suspension that he needs to stop doing what he is doing. That is what NASCAR did with Kyle Busch, Robby Gordon, Jimmy Spencer and Kevin Harvick.

I don't like the media and yes they can ask stupid questions. But this question was okay. He there millions of ways to answer a question without threatening bodily harm. It broke the rule of no verbal abuse on a media member.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:37 pm

regardless if you mean it or not, you dont threaten people with physical violence, its just shows you how low class a person can be, he got what he deserved, i seen people bring up tony on other boards, tony doesnt say " im gonna kick your ash." he comes up with something funny and makes the reporters look stupid, kurt brought it on himself, like i always say he doesnt respect the sport, and guess what?? the sport doesnt need him.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:40 pm

He should maybe get duct tape to sponsor him a car. Or hefty, cuz they hold so much garbage
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing