FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PRELUDE TO THE DREAM IN MY HOMESTATE OHIO

<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:47 pm

PRELUDE TO THE DREAM IN MY HOMESTATE OHIO

This will be year number eight for this event.

Many current Nascar drivers "cut their teeth" racing on dirt and miss it badly! It's all about having fun as my favorite driver Ryan Joseph Newman converges in Rossburg,Ohio this coming Wednesday. This great track owned my Tony Stewart is about an hour from my place here in Ohio. Newman is a past USAC Champion so this race gets him back to his roots so to speak.(not quarter midgets)

It's $100,000.00 to the winner and most of all....bragging rights!

It's an HBO pay per view starting at 8:00PM(ET).

Newman's never been close to winning one of these. Would love to see him break this trend Wednesday! At least Newman won't have to worry about Gibson for one race! ;)

Wouldn't mind seeing Stewart win it either but then all the conspiracy theories would be started! :shock:
Attachments
375808_10150906658306849_1662413887_n.jpg
THERE YOU GO?
375808_10150906658306849_1662413887_n.jpg (88.08 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: PRELUDE TO THE DREAM IN MY HOMESTATE OHIO

That's a great picture of Ryan. Living in Phoenix, I haven't been able to go to the Prelude, but I've watched it on PPV every year. I'm looking forward to it again this week although I could do without listening to DW. Hopefully Ryan does well :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:49 pm

rochelle, i think if they didnt use any play by play, except the announcer at eldora, it would be much better, but thankfully fox is over with for the year......
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Just ordered my PPV!! Can't wait! Hear they are planning something special for Dick Berrgren . Now have to decide what goodies we'll have to eat! For all those going, "HAVE A GREAT TIME" and I'll see you next year! :lol: Praying for sunshine!! :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 am

I posted the cars on the opening post.

A lot of friends I know are going......except me! :cry:

Oh well, maybe next year! :D

GO #39! 8-)
<<

TishR

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Was just watching Nascar Now and Alan Bestwick is calling the Prelude tonight. Oh this should be very interesting since he stated that he has never been there before.

To those that got to go I hope they have a blast and for those of us watching on PPV maybe next year!
Tish
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Ok, I just ordered the PPV for tonight. I think I'll dig out my capture device and save it to my computer like last year. Once I've capture it, I burn it on dvd's. It took 3 dvd's to burn it last year so I'm guessing it'll be the same this year. I have lightscribe on my laptop so I found a cool picture of the cars racing on the track and etched it onto the dvd's. They look really cool! I'll have to find a different picture to etch on this years race.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

bugeaters

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:08 pm

uhhh, why did D.W. have a steering wheel during the ride along with Smoke? Loved that Tony made him scream like a baby! :D
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm

lol, yes, Tony said he wanted to make him scream like a girl, and he did :!:

I think the steering wheel was just something to hold onto.

And yes, I just have to say it, that makes 15 cars the elf has wrecked this season...

Oh, and he still hasn't learned to shut his mouth even during his suspension. Doesn't matter to me that it's not a NASCAR event, he just had to say premature ejaculation while talking to Dick. Really???

I thought Tony giving Dick that helmet was outstanding and thanks to GoDaddy, an extra 25,000 goes to feed the children.

Last but not least, a big CONGRATS to Kyle, for the win he wanted so badly and to donating the 10,000 he won :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

bugeaters

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:59 am

I know the Prelude was not a 'Nascar' race, but I'm wondering if Kurt's comment isn't the last nail in his coffin with Finch. I can't believe he said that, just proves he has no class. What a friggin' puke.
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

chevy39fan

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:32 pm

bugeaters wrote:I know the Prelude was not a 'Nascar' race, but I'm wondering if Kurt's comment isn't the last nail in his coffin with Finch. I can't believe he said that, just proves he has no class. What a friggin' puke.
Kurt has million of dollars. He wouldn't care all that much if he was let go but still you have a point! 8-)
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 pm

chevy39fan wrote:
bugeaters wrote:I know the Prelude was not a 'Nascar' race, but I'm wondering if Kurt's comment isn't the last nail in his coffin with Finch. I can't believe he said that, just proves he has no class. What a friggin' puke.
Kurt has million of dollars. He wouldn't care all that much if he was let go but still you have a point! 8-)

He may have a lot of money but he also has a life style to go with it. Look at what happened to Mayfield. I'm not betting that someone that can't shut his pie hole has any sense with money. I'm guessing he has a manager but who knows what kind of control they have. The elf is spoiled and I'm not sure how much control he'd allow anyone else to have over his money. With no sponsor on the car, I'm guessing his pay checks are not what they used to be. Right now he's a beggar and beggar's can't be choosers...

Return to NASCAR & Racing