FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

All Star Drag

<<

Steph

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:35 am

All Star Drag

Well, I watched the All Star Race hoping for fun and excitement. Apart from some nice passing by Dinger the race was boring, especially the last "shoot-out" part. They keep changing the format but this time they made it worse. Chad sure did work out a good strategy and the others followed, can't blame them money is money.

Suggestion: Keep the race at 90 laps, no competition cautions, and for the last fifteen laps yellow laps do not count. Everyone would have to stay in the race, pit stops would be up to the teams and who is going to risk their being no yellows in the last 15 laps so the fuel issue comes in as well.

What do you think guys?
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you do not appreciate the seriousness of the situation.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 am

Re: All Star Drag

they need to stop changing it, i thought it was best when the faster cars were sent to the back and it was a 20 lap shootout, instead of ten, it really does get boring every year.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Annalee

Post Sun May 20, 2012 10:21 am

They need to quit fixing things.......if it isn't broke, don't fix it!! Old format of inverting the field is the best idea! Plus I think if you added a guaranteed #13th spot in the chase, would be a nice incentive. It would be just the spot. No points just the chance... I think Jeff Gordon would like that :) Does anyone know how Bobby Labonte made the fan vote?? I find that interesting.. :?: :?: I like Bobby Labonte, but you have to admit that was an unusual vote.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun May 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Another JJ win doesn't help matters :roll: . But they should nit have the wins of the segments automatically become the leaders after the fourth segment. They should take that out and that would be a start.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:02 am

Well, I didn't think it was THAT bad. I didn't want to see JJ win and I certainly wish Tony's night would have been better, but other than that, I thought it was a fun race. They certainly raced hard all night, except for a few exceptions. I particularly loved Almindingers run...
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Annalee wrote:They need to quit fixing things.......if it isn't broke, don't fix it!! Old format of inverting the field is the best idea! Plus I think if you added a guaranteed #13th spot in the chase, would be a nice incentive. It would be just the spot. No points just the chance... I think Jeff Gordon would like that :) Does anyone know how Bobby Labonte made the fan vote?? I find that interesting.. :?: :?: I like Bobby Labonte, but you have to admit that was an unusual vote.

Dale Jr.raced his way in (pole-big deal) and Bobby was second fans choice so he became the fans #1 vote i believe. Agree with you 100% about everytime they change the format it gets worse and we didn't see alot of actual racing aside the #22 the first segment as he had nothing to lose and all to gain.Personally,i felt it was the worst i can recall ever and all the hype before it,just set us up for an even bigger disapointment.They want to make it interesting,put the fastest cars to the rear w/o letting teams know that's going to happen the last segment and make it thirty laps.####,i was surprised they didn't throw a green/white/checkered like half the other races. :shock:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

if they are gonna keep it with 20 lap segments, then I think none of the yellow flags should count for the whole race. Also if they are gonna reward segment winners like they did, they need to give that advantage after the 3rd segment & not the 4th segment. It was a joke these guys were barely running to stay on the lead lap. (I dont blame them though)
Give the leaders of the 1st 3 segments the front going into the 4th segment. That is advantage enough since there isnt a lot of passing up front. How ever they end up at the end of the 4th segment is how they start the final ten laps. That will make everyone race hard in the final 20 lap segment instead of the joke we saw. The All star race is suppose to promote hard racing. That isnt what I would call hard racing.
The Dinger & Kasey Kahnes runs were about the only exciting things I saw all night.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:if they are gonna keep it with 20 lap segments, then I think none of the yellow flags should count for the whole race. Also if they are gonna reward segment winners like they did, they need to give that advantage after the 3rd segment & not the 4th segment. It was a joke these guys were barely running to stay on the lead lap. (I dont blame them though)
Give the leaders of the 1st 3 segments the front going into the 4th segment. That is advantage enough since there isnt a lot of passing up front. How ever they end up at the end of the 4th segment is how they start the final ten laps. That will make everyone race hard in the final 20 lap segment instead of the joke we saw. The All star race is suppose to promote hard racing. That isnt what I would call hard racing.
The Dinger & Kasey Kahnes runs were about the only exciting things I saw all night.

How dare you include the #5? :mrgreen:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

jamo14

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm all for change, as long as it's moving the all star race to Darlington :D
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

jamo14 wrote:I'm all for change, as long as it's moving the all star race to Darlington :D

I could go for that.....2 weekends in Darlington back-to-back hhhhmmmmmmmm :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:34 pm

That maybe fun, but I don't see that happening any time soon. They have it in Charlotte so the teams are at home with their families for two weeks. Sorry.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:49 pm

I fell asleep during the race, so that tells you how exciting I thought it was ;) .
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

jamo14 wrote:I'm all for change, as long as it's moving the all star race to Darlington :D

Or Iowa 8-) .
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue May 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Okay, so here is my idea, to be incorporated with segment changes. Many many moons ago (I don't even remember the track) all the races started with the points leaders in the back. They lined up with the losers in front, winners in back. Now this was done every week, so the drivers couldn't sandbag and be successful. So, in the All-Star race, they start on "driver points" and we could have the fun of watching the fastest cars race to the front. The drivers aren't going to sandbag during the regular season races just so they can start the All-Star in front.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing