Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

PRELUDE HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Well its that time of year again....I got in touch w/ Kirby at SHR and got the word from him that we can get the same deal as last year.....for all of u new to the site and dont know.....They block a section of seats at half price for us.....Thats only $12 per seat...and if ur worried bout it cutting into the money going to charity we were assured that ours does go....
I need a estimated head count to kinda let him know how many seats to reserve....so if u will please do that here it would be greatly appreciated.....i plan to give him that # in a few weeks....then we will go from there on purchasing ur tickets....last yr i set up a PayPal acct for u to send ur money to and i paid from that directly to the track....and it seemed to work out very well so thats the way we will do it this yr as well. I will post that info after we get our seat #'s counted...
Thanks again fellow gangers.....last yr was a great success, we had a blast and enjoyed meeting each other....so lets do it again yall!!!

tc

Re: PRELUDE HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Well, I said in another blog of yours we won't be going because of getting KY. Speedway tickets. I didn't think we'd get this deal again, thought every other yr but not back to back. Anyway, will mention it to hubby, but still, I'm not sure we'll come this round. Just paid off 2 trombone rentals of the kids, QUITE expensive pay off on the 2 things. But it would be safe to say probably not. I seen ticket sales has been delayed, they don't have everything put together yet. Hum, drivers hard to come by, may not have a Prelude? Mgith be NASCAR drivers are tired of flying in 4 hrs to race 30 laps to fly 4 hrs back home again. Maybe not enough well to do owners to lend a car out knowing it's probably going to get messed up one way or another (slight or major). I hope they have one, people will be there, would be a shame for the charities to miss out because of lack of major participation on the race end.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Can't make it this year but make a date for 2012.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:36 pm

put me down for 2 please. i am coming if i have to walk to ohio

tg

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks TC !!!!!...I really appreciate you arranging this opportunity for the garage gang again this year. I would like 2 tickets.

See you in just over 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Gogi

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Waaaaa......I am so bummed because I can't make it this year. Still trying to get finances straighted out since becoming a widow, and can't get off from work anyway. I am going to miss everyone this year cause it was such a blast last year getting to meet everyone!
I have big plans for 2012 as well!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks TC! I cant wait! Its gonna be awesome!

Put me down for 1

woohooo Eldora here we come AGAIN! :D :D :D :D :D

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:53 am

I can't go this year either. ( sad face )

But... I WILL be looking for y'all out there... and wishing I was there.

Somebody drink an MGD beer for me... and I'll be there in spirit. :-)

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:41 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:Well, I said in another blog of yours we won't be going because of getting KY. Speedway tickets. I didn't think we'd get this deal again, thought every other yr but not back to back. Anyway, will mention it to hubby, but still, I'm not sure we'll come this round. Just paid off 2 trombone rentals of the kids, QUITE expensive pay off on the 2 things. But it would be safe to say probably not. I seen ticket sales has been delayed, they don't have everything put together yet. Hum, drivers hard to come by, may not have a Prelude? Mgith be NASCAR drivers are tired of flying in 4 hrs to race 30 laps to fly 4 hrs back home again. Maybe not enough well to do owners to lend a car out knowing it's probably going to get messed up one way or another (slight or major). I hope they have one, people will be there, would be a shame for the charities to miss out because of lack of major participation on the race end.

I dont think the drivers flying is for the race is the problem. They ALL know its for Charity, so they have no problems doing this to help Tony or Charities. As far as their cars. I think alot of them own their own car and some even offer cars to other drivers who dont have one. Even Scott Bloomquist does that. Tony's friends and respected drivers arent gonna let him or any Charity down if they can help it. As far as ticket sales being delayed, well there is alot that has to be done in order to get the Prelude up and running, like setting things up with HBO, getting the drivers list, it can vary from year to year. Im sure with the flooding at Eldora that Tony and his staff there are working even harder to get their racing season underway on schedule. Never count Smoke out! lol I am sorry you can make this year, but maybe next year!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am

Those going, have a blast for yourself & for those of us who can't attend too. Maybe we all can get lucky for next years. I do plan on getting it on PPV though, so I'll be waving at ya'll from home.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

I can't make the race but have no doubts this year will be a success as the drivers are on stand bye to drive if someone has to opt out. From what I understand this race is a thrill for all the drivers and once they race at Eldora they want to come back. The charities are part of the reason too as Tony always returns the favor to the other drivers charities. Spring is around the corner when they start to talk Eldora....
Last edited by ndunn on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Man, wish I could commit, but I just don't know if I will be up there during that time or not. :(

Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Spoke with the hubby..we are waiting to hear from my oldest son as to his official graduation date..as long as the graduation isn't on the 8th...its a go. I will commit and let you know for sure though once his graduation date is confirmed-which should be within next few days. I hope that if we can go..obtaining 3 tickets wouldn't be an issue as it would be me, my husband and our 10 year old (Jimmy and Johnny (my 10 year old) have a father son bond and respect for each other..which makes things easier for me being his biological father passed in 2006---Jimmy was debating about legally adopting Johnny but believes he should hold on to his biological fathers name and memories and doesn't want to take that away from him--ok soooo off topic here lol)....since we are heading to new jersey for vacation and the graduation straight 8-) from there if we can attend.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 pm

You KNOW Herbie14 and I are coming!!! We can't wait!!!
Also, this might be a good time to post that Herbie14 and I will be throwing our Annual Pre-Prelude Race party at our house in Muncie, IN (about 1 hour away from the track) All are welcome, and if you want to stay at our house, bring a tent, or a sleeping bag, and pull up a piece of the floor spend the night!! We had one heck of a time meeting you all last year, and the party was a total blast!!! We wouldn't miss it for the world!! Hope you can all come!!!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 am

Smoke14Wins wrote:Those going, have a blast for yourself & for those of us who can't attend too. Maybe we all can get lucky for next years. I do plan on getting it on PPV though, so I'll be waving at ya'll from home.

I checked on your gallery and what cute pictures I saw of the real hot dog and the head of the house "cat". The construction sign would be put to real use here in mid Michigan as every block and mile has something going on. Thanks for allowing the Garage Gang to peak at your pictures.
Post a reply