FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First trip to Darlington

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

First trip to Darlington

Well folks, I'm heading to Detroit tomorrow morning at 5:30am to catch my flight to South Carolina. This will be my first trip to Darlington and my friend and I have adjusted our schedule to include a quick trip up to Stewart-Haas Racing. I can't tell what I'm more excited about, the race Saturday night or visiting SHR! LOL

For those of you who have been to either Darlington or SHR, please feel free to share the "must see" or "must do's" of the area. It doesn't have to be NASCAR related either. It's been 11 years since I've been to Charlotte, NC so I'm sure things have changed and since I've never been to the Myrtle Beach area or Darlington, all of it will be very new to me!

My avatar will probably be changed when I get back to include me in front of the SHR sign or maybe (since you probably don't want to see me in it) it will just be a pic of the shop.

I can't tell you how excited I am! I have enough electronics in my carry-on that I'll probably be brought to my own room for questioning. You don't realize how much stuff you use at races until you have to fly with it! LOL
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: First trip to Darlington

Don't forget to pack your SHR Garage Gang sign so we can spot you on Race Day at the SPEED TV set. :D :D :D

Have a great time and cheer our boys on to a great finish!!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Look who I got to see at Darlington... It made my entire trip well worth it. Dang tent is awful for taking pics but still... it will live in my memory for sure!
Attachments
DSCF1165 (480x640).jpg
DSCF1165 (480x640).jpg (239.19 KiB) Viewed 759 times
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

azk8ster

Post Mon May 14, 2012 2:23 am

Way to go LadyWolf! what a thrill to see Tony, hope you enjoyed your entire weekend!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 am

azk8ster wrote:Way to go LadyWolf! what a thrill to see Tony, hope you enjoyed your entire weekend!

I have enjoyed it tremendously! I'm off to SHR today and unfortunately home tomorrow. :cry:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Glad you had a great time at Darlington, LadyWolf!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm posting this a little late in the day, but get me something nice from the SHR Gift Shop and I'll pay you back when you get home. ;) :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:53 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Glad you had a great time at Darlington, LadyWolf!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm posting this a little late in the day, but get me something nice from the SHR Gift Shop and I'll pay you back when you get home. ;) :D :D :D :D

Well, I would share the Tony Stewart BBQ Sauce I bought, but... I'm feeling a little selfish with it! LOL Had a blast today. SHR is a beautiful facility and loved being there!
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon May 14, 2012 8:19 pm

For anyone interested, I posted a few pics from Darlington last weekend (5/12/12) in my personal album under my SHR profile. They are some of my better pics. Some are of Tony, one is Danica, one is Newman and Busch after the race... etc.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 15, 2012 4:57 am

great looking pics......
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Nice pics! I dunno' bout his BBQ sauce, but his salsa sucks...hot is waaaay too sweet and not hot at all. I expected since it was Smoke's stuff hot woulda' been kick 'azz...habeneros Smoke...heat 'dat shizz up son!!!! :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:Nice pics! I dunno' bout his BBQ sauce, but his salsa sucks...hot is waaaay too sweet and not hot at all. I expected since it was Smoke's stuff hot woulda' been kick 'azz...habeneros Smoke...heat 'dat shizz up son!!!! :lol:

I actually have a funny story about that BBQ sauce. I don't know if "ya'll" want to hear it but I fell for it and was so embarrassed that I did. I actually took a private tour of about six race shops this passed Monday with Garage Pass Shop Tours. It was just myself, my friend and Stan Rabineau. Well, when we got to SHR, I decided to buy that BBQ sauce just because it was something different. I head towards the counter to pay and we had the honor of meeting this really nice lady (who just happens to be Tony's Aunt) and we were chatting and Stan looks over with this serious face and tells me "Not to drink all that BBQ sauce at once because it's got a bit of a kick". I get this weird look on my face and say really loud "you guys drink this stuff in the South?". They both about busted a gut because I fell for it hook, line and sinker. There are some weird traditions in the South and for whatever reason I thought he was being serious. So Tony's Aunt proceeded to tell me it goes quite well on sandwiches, etc. OMG, talk about embarrassed. So, I had to FedEx it to my house from Charlotte so it should be here today, so I'll let "ya'll" know how it is after I take a swig! LMAO :oops:
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu May 17, 2012 11:45 am

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:Nice pics! I dunno' bout his BBQ sauce, but his salsa sucks...hot is waaaay too sweet and not hot at all. I expected since it was Smoke's stuff hot woulda' been kick 'azz...habeneros Smoke...heat 'dat shizz up son!!!! :lol:

I actually have a funny story about that BBQ sauce. I don't know if "ya'll" want to hear it but I fell for it and was so embarrassed that I did. I actually took a private tour of about six race shops this passed Monday with Garage Pass Shop Tours. It was just myself, my friend and Stan Rabineau. Well, when we got to SHR, I decided to buy that BBQ sauce just because it was something different. I head towards the counter to pay and we had the honor of meeting this really nice lady (who just happens to be Tony's Aunt) and we were chatting and Stan looks over with this serious face and tells me "Not to drink all that BBQ sauce at once because it's got a bit of a kick". I get this weird look on my face and say really loud "you guys drink this stuff in the South?". They both about busted a gut because I fell for it hook, line and sinker. There are some weird traditions in the South and for whatever reason I thought he was being serious. So Tony's Aunt proceeded to tell me it goes quite well on sandwiches, etc. OMG, talk about embarrassed. So, I had to FedEx it to my house from Charlotte so it should be here today, so I'll let "ya'll" know how it is after I take a swig! LMAO :oops:

...BBQ sauce DEFINITELY works on a smoked turkey sammich... ;) :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu May 17, 2012 12:59 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:
MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:

...BBQ sauce DEFINITELY works on a smoked turkey sammich... ;) :mrgreen:

I guess that depends on what type of "SMOKE" D turkey you're referring to. Hmmmm, that's sounds kind of appealing. :lol: :oops:
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

"I guess that depends on what type of "SMOKE" D turkey you're referring to. Hmmmm, that's sounds kind of appealing."

That sounds kinda sensual. I like Smoke and BBQ Sauce!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:"I guess that depends on what type of "SMOKE" D turkey you're referring to. Hmmmm, that's sounds kind of appealing."

That sounds kinda sensual. I like Smoke and BBQ Sauce!

It was intended to sound that way!!! I don't often speak like that, but it sounded like the right thing to say. ;)
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing