FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mayfield.........

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 02, 2012 12:57 am

mayfield.........

it seems every time i go to jayski, he has a story about Jeremy Mayfield, wow has this man's life gone down the tubes, lawsuits left and right, in debt up to his ears and house in foreclosure. it is true what they say kids, "drugs can ruin your life."
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed May 02, 2012 3:44 am

Re: mayfield.........

AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD, STUPID doesn't help matters much either........ :shock: :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 am

i guess you can put those under the same category, doing drugs isnt a smart thing to do, very rarely do you ever come out winning after doing them..
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 am

michaeljohn wrote:i guess you can put those under the same category, doing drugs isnt a smart thing to do, very rarely do you ever come out winning after doing them..

It depends on what kinda race you're in and what kinda drugs you're doin' I guess. Lawrence Taylor did coke and crack and he's in the H.O.F. His dumb #### was busted 2WICE here in Myrtle Beach.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Who's Lawrence Taylor?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Take it from me, who learned the hard way ... crank melts one's mind, over time.

I'm a little sad because I wanted to get behind JM and his fight against NASCAR ( something akin to David -vs- Goliath ) but soon came to realize, the guy was always 'riding dirty'

If yall need a better example of a crank melted mind... think of Hitler, who was addicted in the end.

(( The Germans found an old recipe for meth in WW2 and started production on it. They gave it to soldiers ... and the Blitzkrieg was a result of hopped up German soldiers on meth. ))

I've seen many a crank addicts end... and it's never pretty. :-(

Heart & prayers go to all of his family members affected by his disease... who have to sit back and watch him destroy his life. It's painful, trust me.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:12 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Who's Lawrence Taylor?

Football player -

link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Taylor

part of page says -

"Drugs and extreme measures
“ For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field. ”

—Taylor in 1987[89]

In contrast to his success on the football field, Taylor's personal life has been marred by drug usage and controversy. When Taylor was once asked what he could do that no outside linebacker could, his answer was, "Drink". However, alcohol abuse was not the largest of his substance abuse problems. After admitting to and testing positive for cocaine in 1987, he was suspended from football for 30 days in 1988 after failing a second drug test. After his second positive test he gave up drugs for five years as a third positive test would have ended his career. As he approached retirement however, he looked forward to picking up the habit again, saying in his second autobiography, "I saw coke as the only bright spot in my future." After his retirement he began abusing drugs on a regular basis. He went through drug rehab twice in 1995, only to later be arrested twice over a three-year span for attempting to buy cocaine from undercover police officers. During this period, he lived almost exclusively in his home with white sheets covering his windows and only associated with other drug users. Taylor later said, “I had gotten really bad. I mean my place was almost like a crack house."In his second autobiography, Taylor admitted that he had begun using drugs as early as his rookie season in the NFL. He has also stated that his first wife Linda, mother to his three children, once had to come pick him up from a crack house during his playing career.

In a November 2003 interview with Mike Wallace on the television news magazine 60 Minutes, Taylor claimed he hired and sent prostitutes to opponents' hotel rooms the night before a game in an attempt to tire them out,[84] and that at his peak, he spent thousands of dollars a day on narcotics. He also recounted several other instances of aberrant behavior, including arriving to a team meeting during his playing career in handcuffs after spending a night with some call girls. He said, "A couple of ladies that were trying out some new equipment they had. You know? And I just happened to, and they just didn't happen to have the key.” He also said that to beat NFL drug tests he routinely submitted the urine of his teammates."
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info. That is really sad.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed May 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Seeing this happening to Mayfield is pretty sad. He was one of my favorite drivers. He was good driver and if he hadn't mouthed out about Ray Evernham his career would have gone further.

I was one his supporters believing that him using meth couldn't be true. He didn't appear to fit the bill and I wanted to see like NASCAR was just making an example of Jeremy.

But after last fall and meth being confiscated from his property I couldn't believe how poorly he let his fans down.

I never done anything like meth, but I have "lived up" my youth in the past and I know some cokeheads and people who have tried meth. With drugs if do you them long enough you will always lose.

It's sad that he put himself into so much debt. I hope he can gather himself and his wife up and live his life with some peace.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

michaeljohn wrote:it seems every time i go to jayski, he has a story about Jeremy Mayfield, wow has this man's life gone down the tubes, lawsuits left and right, in debt up to his ears and house in foreclosure. it is true what they say kids, "drugs can ruin your life."

Because I live in the area, our newspapers are full of the lists of stolen property that has been confiscated from his home. It is just sad, he had everything going for him! I remember when he was driving and they featured Jeremy and his wife on a day in the life of a NASCAR driver and all the bulldogs they had. I think there were five of the funny little dogs. If I remember right, one was even named Stewart. Each had their own quirky personality, but they all went to the tracks and loved it when he raced.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Well... as for all the stolen parts... I was led to believe some time ago, that this was a hand shake deal - that JM take some stuff and go ( basically ) & some parts, he or friends paid for. Then, with nothing but a handshake in place, after JM started all this legal nonsense ... the owner charged him with theft.

Now... there is probably 3 versions out there - JM, Owner & the truth. Maybe Annalee can fill us in more, in that particular dept. I don't even know if what I typed ( above ) is for real anymore. Perhaps more facts have come to the light?

But then again... I never knew a meth fiend / crack head / crank user that did not steal to support the habit, too. For an exasperated owner ( or family member, or friend ) to say "Just take it and GO" is not so unbelievable either. I know JM was claiming to have legal rights to the stuff.

I think Smokeshow said it best "he let down his fans" ... and friends and family... and that part just stings a little, still. :-(
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm thinking if Mayfield was any good with drugs he'd have more money than he would if he stayed in Nascar.Oh,those are the people who don't use them themselves that make the big money. :mrgreen: Sorry,when he left Cale Yarboroughs team high"n"dry i haven't cared for him since and when he first came into Nascar i was happy for Cale WHO BTW brought Mayfield in #98 RCA sponsored team.What ever Mayfield does he brings on himself,i have no sympathy for him and yeah i'm like that.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 03, 2012 2:51 pm

smokieonefour wrote:
Maybe Annalee can fill us in more, in that particular dept. I don't even know if what I typed ( above ) is for real anymore. Perhaps more facts have come to the :-(

Well our newspaper isn't the best, kinda pitiful! They try. :roll: Anyway,I tried to go back and find it, but couldn't and if I remember right it was not racing parts and pieces, but big construction items ( like ground clearing equipment), large expensive tools, TV's, computers etc., etc......and lots of it. I remember at the time I was really shocked! :shock:
If I can find it, I will post the list. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Annalee... I KNOW there was some racing equipment involved... but had NO idea about big CATS, computers & such.

If you can find the info, great, if not... we will survive. LOL

Thanks for trying anyway & at least the update about the other stuff... my sources did not cover THAT part... LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 pm

"According to the search warrant, a source told police that Mayfield was among a group of people that broke into Fitz Motorsports and stole two surface plates to sell as scrap metal and broke into Red Bull Racing and stole audio equipment and aluminum flooring.

The initial warrant lists three other companies whose reported stolen goods were found on Mayfield's property. The items, according to the warrant, included scrap metal, semi-truck accessories, truck parts, gears and welding equipment."

Source :arrow: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... ds-charges
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing