FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

After 2 wins are you ready......

<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 pm

After 2 wins are you ready......

to declare that Darian and Denny are going to be serious contenders this year??

I for one am so impressed by their pairing. I think some of those boys in the garage should be very afraid.

I admit I was just a lil upset when Tony let him go but came to understand that he lost confidence in Darian. The pairing of a CC/driver doesn't really last long...with a few exceptions....because they lose their way together. It was a necessary ending I believe for Darian and Tony.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Re: After 2 wins are you ready......

well it hasnt hurt, thats for sure, lets ask this question, if they do win a championship this year, what does that say about Darian as a man in charge???
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 pm

I think most felt they would be serious title contenders. I know I did. JGR is off this year with the exception of Denny he has been able to establish himself as a leader this year. In racing you can't let the highs be too high or the lows be too low. Denny would get really happy when he won. But bummed down hard when he finished 20th. He used to be pretty cocky, but now just seems confident in himself and his team. Only Toyota that is better is Truex Jr. I believe it will be Tony and Denny bating for the championship in the end, Edwards, Kenseth and Biffle will be up there too. They both seem to be able to almost win when they need to tell the critics that " I'm still here". Only thing annoying about Hamlin winning is that they make it seem as if there is a rivalry between the 11 and 14 and that Grubb is bitter. I can imagine his kid asking why Tony fired him and him saying "Tony gave me a shot, we did great things together, and then we moved on".
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Well I would have thought Denny as a serious contender even if they kept Ford. As darian already said. the 11 team was already a serious contender before he arrived. The fact that Darian & Denny arent having hic-cups like some new combos might have, should worry the other teams. They are both Championship material, & they both are gelling together. Whats not to love there.
ImageImageImage
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well I would have thought Denny as a serious contender even if they kept Ford. As darian already said. the 11 team was already a serious contender before he arrived. The fact that Darian & Denny arent having hic-cups like some new combos might have, should worry the other teams. They are both Championship material, & they both are gelling together. Whats not to love there.

Ya what he said..... :D

tc

<<

im4tony

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 am

I think Tony will have to reckon with Denny and I think he will like whipping him in the end to victory at Homestead. He needs someone to motivate him to drive even harder than he does and Denny could be that someone. That being said, let's get going Tony. What has happened to you guys. You are close to falling off the top 10...Yikes
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Two pairs with weak and strong links. Darian's a proven Champion crew chief, Denny hasn't proven anything more than he can win some races. The opposite it true at SHR...Tony's a proven Champion driver(with two different CC's), Addington hasn't proven anything more than he can win some races.

I thought Darian should have returned as Tony's CC, at least for another year to see whether last year was a fluke or if Darian is becoming "that guy". Right now(at this point in the season) it looks like Tony may have F'ed up...we'll see how the rest of the year goes?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

I am not ready to give them the championship!! Not because of Darian or Denny but it is because they are driving Toyota's. They are having way to many equipment malfunctions. Why is Kyle not able to run better this year? Not because he forgot, it's because he can't drive the car. And if he can't drive it no one can! No matter what you think of Kyle, he can wheel a car! Why is MWR so much better than JGR? Something isn't right with the cars and unless they work this out I just don't see it.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Annalee wrote:I am not ready to give them the championship!! Not because of Darian or Denny but it is because they are driving Toyota's. They are having way to many equipment malfunctions. Why is Kyle not able to run better this year? Not because he forgot, it's because he can't drive the car. And if he can't drive it no one can! No matter what you think of Kyle, he can wheel a car! Why is MWR so much better than JGR? Something isn't right with the cars and unless they work this out I just don't see it.

when I was listening to all the hype of Kyle is the best they ever seen & the biggest talent & what not, I was always the one saying I didnt think he was the best on his team, so how could he be the best in nascar right now. I have always thought Denny was a better driver than Kyle. he isnt as wreckless as Kyle therefore you dont see him hanging his car out sideways & being an impressive wheel man trying to save his car. He doesnt slap the walls no where near as often as Kyle. Kyle when he was winning tons of races usually had a dominate car. I am not to sure if he ever had a car that was the class of the field & went out & won the race. So for me. It doesnt surprise me that Denny does well with cars that arent dominate & Kyle struggles.
Kyle to me is a Checkers or wreckers type driver.
Denny to me is a Championship caliber driver.
I have said if I was allowed to build a team around any two current cup drivers in the sport. It would be Denny Hamlin & Carl Edwards. I think they are two of the more complete drivers in the sport. They drive well on every style of tracks. I dont see a weakness in their driving ability anywhere. & their hunger is at a top level.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Annalee wrote:I am not ready to give them the championship!! Not because of Darian or Denny but it is because they are driving Toyota's. They are having way to many equipment malfunctions. Why is Kyle not able to run better this year? Not because he forgot, it's because he can't drive the car. And if he can't drive it no one can! No matter what you think of Kyle, he can wheel a car! Why is MWR so much better than JGR? Something isn't right with the cars and unless they work this out I just don't see it.

I like you, but you are so way off base with this. Kyle may not like his cars right now and even wrecked himself at Martinsville, but Denny has already won twice and contended at Auto Club.

Kyle has alot of raw talent, maybe moreso then Hamlin. But he is a driver who is on the edge. And that does not win championships. He has had to calm down because of him losing his mind at Texas last year and it seems as if he has lost his fire now and he doesn't look like anything special. He isn't having a bad season, just an okay one. And right now he might not even make the chase.

Denny has always had a championship mentality. He has a ton of talent and the potential to be a champion. He just needed to mature a little. He has now and is top gun at Gibbs. I wouldn't say that Hamlin is better then Kyle, but in this sport, it takes more then just talent. Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin are the NASCAR's future champions. Kyle has the tangibles. But not the intangibles. Denny has the tangibles and the intangibles. Look at Kurt Busch, I think Kyle is better then him, yet Kurt has a ring and Kyle doesn't.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

I am sorry Smokeshow 14 and Schmoopy. What I was trying to say was that they have the talent, but not the equipment! And in this day, you need both. I can't remember when a Toyota hasn't blown up in the last races. I think the Toyota's at JGR are too inconsistent still and until they get that fixed I don't see it coming. Plus there is JJ, he is not going to give this up easily and when his back is against the wall he and Tony too, have the ability to dig down deep and make things happen. Denny folded under the pressure last time, not saying he will again. Let's face it , if it was easy they all would be champions.

I really believe the reason Carl didn't go to JGR is the fact of the Toyota's. Also not figured into this is Biffle, Kenseth and Carl and maybe even Truex! Rousch and SHR have the most wins in the last 63 races. There are way, way to many variables to give this to Denny now.

I still say one of these days don't count Kyle out! Trust me I am not a fan of his, but I see in him raw talent! With maturity he could win this thing!

Schmoopy in your dream team you put together, you for got RYAN! Freudian slip! ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

They are consistent. Denny had two 20th place finishes in a row and in other races has been a contender or top 12 car. Kyle has been consistent all season. Just consistently in the top 15 instead of consistently running top five. Inconsistent would be if Denny finished 25th saturday night, then won next week, and then finished 15th.
RIP Dan Wheldon

Return to NASCAR & Racing