FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blake Koch Loses Sponsor thanks to ESPN

<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Blake Koch Loses Sponsor thanks to ESPN

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Lizard wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X0N7C8-XKu8

That the commercial that they refused to air.....no religion mentioned just to get registered and vote.

Someone should post that you tube on the ESPN message board LOL.

My friend did and it got removed. Apparently ESPN is into complete censorship.

Maybe they think he is connected to the Koch brothers.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Does anyone know if Blake is related to the Koch brothers? They are multi billionaires who donate a lot of money to the Republican Party and the defeat of Barrack Obama. I didn't think ESPN was a liberal news organization, but I think I am changing my mind. I watched the video and there was nothing that was biased in anything Blake said. There is more to this story than they are telling ........ :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Didn't one of the LaBonte brothers have a church sponsor on their car a few years ago? I don't remember a big fuss over that. Perhaps ESPN wasn't broadcasting the races at that period of the season.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

adny1030

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

ESPN is owned by Disney (80%) Disney is owners of ABC... ABC is not unbiased
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Blake Koch is not related to the Koch brothers.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm

if espn was bias towards religion, would they have ever shown morgan shepard, and his car, "Racing with Jesus."
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 am

michaeljohn wrote:if espn was bias towards religion, would they have ever shown morgan shepard, and his car, "Racing with Jesus."

It is not the car they didn't show it was the commercial. If you watch it, link in a previous post there is nothing about religion or a specific candidate. ESPN said they would not air because of religious and political overtones on Blake's website.

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 am

ndunn wrote:Didn't one of the LaBonte brothers have a church sponsor on their car a few years ago? I don't remember a big fuss over that. Perhaps ESPN wasn't broadcasting the races at that period of the season.

Bobby had The Passion of the Christ on the hood of his car at the 2004 Daytona 500. I remember ESPN2 interviewing a pair of religious leaders about it, they were both very much on board with the idea.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Bobby_D17

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 am

Blake is good people. We were pitted across the way from his hauler one time at Irwindale when he had an RCR development ride in the West Series. They even invited us over to eat, they were sponsored by Golden Gate Meats or something like that. He says hello every now and then when we're both on Facebook, Blake's a good guy and really goes out of his way to make people happy.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing