Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Two Tires?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Tony had an opportunity to win. But who decided on two tires at the last stop? Congrats to Ryan---5th and of course to our Tony....Tony is 3rd in the points. Yeah

Re: Two Tires?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 pm

I would assume Darian's decision, but we'll probably hear more in the coming days. :|

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

yeah i know 2 tires was crazy at that point in the race

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Maybe they were thinking since Ryan won last year on two tires? with that many laps left, though, i'd have felt better with four...

i'm a waitress, not a crew chief, so i really shouldn't say anything, because i have not a clue!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:11 am

azk8ster wrote:Maybe they were thinking since Ryan won last year on two tires? with that many laps left, though, i'd have felt better with four...

i'm a waitress, not a crew chief, so i really shouldn't say anything, because i have not a clue!

The bolded part was what was mentioned on TV , but still not really sure.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:56 am

to be fair before he pitted, he had no chance to win. When he pitted for two tires, it was under green. He would have never sniffed the lead if he took 4 tires. He came out in the lead with a lot of time between him & the others. Now they might have ran him down & he may not have won, but it was his only chance. It was unfortunate the yellow came out right after green flag stops, but the last race ran here finished under the long green & this one had the make up for it again. No yellow he probably finishes 1st-3rd.
Tony went for the win instead of the points. Isnt that why most of you are fans of his?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:20 am

If it stays green it's a great call. I wouldn't have thought it would stay green but I've been wrong before. It was gamble that didn't pay off but it was really his only shot even if he took 4 and had cautions. Better finish then his last few outings at Phoenix. SHR was strong today which was great. Showed this team is prepared this season.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 am

In my opinion, it was a decision that was made that was best for the situation. Sometimes we are lucky and other times we are not. In any event, he was not going to win either way with Jeff Gordon's car barrelling through. Jeff had the car to beat and he won. I feel the choice was a good decision based on the circumstances. Who knows if he would have finished any better than 7th IF he had four tires.

TB14

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:47 am

If it had stayed green it woulda been a great move. Wouldn't have beaten Gordon or Busch, but woulda been at least a fifth place finish, if not better.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I think it stems from Darian's gamblin Habit's!!! ;) ;)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:14 pm

jsw14 wrote:I think it stems from Darian's gamblin Habit's!!! ;) ;)

I'm sure that's it. ;)
Post a reply