FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who's Going to...........

<<

tonycrazy

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 am

Who's Going to...........

THE PRELUDE!!!!!!

The Garage Gang will be up and at it again early so if ur headed to the track swing by bring something for the grill and ur beverage of choice and join in our fun.....we'll love meeting u

u cant miss us....we'll have our SHR GG banner and will be in the parking lot closest to Tony's souvenier (sp) trailer....its on the other side of the fence but if u can see it...u'll find us....Just follow the "Smoke" signals from the grill....hahaha

Hope to see u all there.... :D :D :D

<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Who's Going to...........

TC, I am still working on it, but probably not! I am having a problem coordinating this and we have a nephew who is getting married the weekend before in Maryland. Don't think they would like it if I didn't come to the wedding and instead went to the race. :( Enjoy and take some pictures! :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

tonycrazy

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:03 am

LOL Hey Anna......the race isnt till Wed...u got time to make it....lol....

tc

<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 am

Link to list of the 25 drivers participating http://www.eldoraspeedway.com/preludedrivers.html

I know Carl Edwards had said he was not able to because of a family commitment, but I am sad to see Matt Kenseth is not going to be there this year.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Oh TC, if you only knew my family! Not only is there a wedding on Saturday, then on Sunday there is a family reunion and who knows what else they have planned. :( Plus travel time! I think you get the picture. Maybe next year! I will get there! :D

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I think it is cool that a bunch of none dirt guys go racing each other. problem I have been seeing with Eldora is whoever starts up front usually runs away with it. maybe they should rewet the track or something before the main. Not like they are racing for points.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Ok... Twist my arm, I'll go
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 am

only if brewster baker and stroker ace are gonna be there.....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Ah, Eldora is a little bit of heaven in farm country. I'm so glad Tony bought it and continues the glory this track has always had. We have big well known tracks but there is nothing like a good ole dirt track. The history of dirt tracks is awesome........
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think it is cool that a bunch of none dirt guys go racing each other. problem I have been seeing with Eldora is whoever starts up front usually runs away with it. maybe they should rewet the track or something before the main. Not like they are racing for points.

Hey Schmoopy, I think they do! Isn't that DW's job when he drives the water truck? I think Tony even painted flames on the sides of the truck, just for him. It is quite a truck. I think they haven't used the truck in the last couple of times, because it had rained so much.

I #Support Smoke
<<

tonycrazy

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Year before last they didnt have to since it had rained till noon....we went from one extreme to the other in weather conditions that day...cold and rainy that morning....then bout noon the sun came out and it got hot....and stayed that way.....

Last yr we got no rain that day...it was hot ALL DAY!!! It was a very tiresome hot day but would and will do it all over again.....The pleasure is worth the pain....lol

tc

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 pm

I will be there and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. I sure hope you don't mind if I stop in and say 'hi'. I might be new to this forum but I'm not new to NASCAR or racing period and I LOVE the small town tracks.

Any pointers you all want to share to improve the overall experience of my first visit, please do so! :D
Last edited by MyLadyWhiteWolf on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

For those going & traveling up I-75 thru Cincinnati & Dayton, the construction is still in play as last year & looks to be so for more yrs at that for as slow as they're working.

We're not going to make it again this year, bought KY. Speedway tickets & other things have come up ($$$$). Besides, we'd only make it in time for quals & would be missing out of the other stuff. Sooo close (67 miles) yet so far & I always swear I hear them cars that night too :lol:

Eldora opens up this weekend for open practice. Don't know how many will be there or if any will take time for this weekend.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Bobby_D17

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:30 am

michaeljohn wrote:only if brewster baker and stroker ace are gonna be there.....

Brewster Baker would whoop on Stroker Ace...
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm still working on getting to the Chili Bowl every year, but if I get a small boat to come in and assure the Chili Bowl for me, I'll start working on meeting you guys at the Prelude every year. I love camping anyway. Have thought very seriously about camping for the Chili Bowl, but January weather in Tulsa is really unpredictable. LOL (BTW: If I had a ship come in, I'd buy a bus and follow Nascar all season.)
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to NASCAR & Racing