FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No. 15 NASCAR Truck Team Penalized For Violations At Daytona

<<

peanut1439

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am

I guess this didn't affect his win so far.
Wasn't that spoiler damaged in the race? I guess I don't understand this rule violation..lol

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the No. 15 team that competes in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, as a result of rule infractions found during post-race inspection Feb. 18 at Daytona International Speedway.
The No. 15 truck driven by Michael Waltrip was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20B-3.1.2E (rear spoiler did not meet specifications in post-race inspection) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book.

As a result, crew chief Doug Howe has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. Owner Billy Ballew has been penalized with the loss of 25 championship owner points.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

daniluvs14

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 am

Re: No. 15 NASCAR Truck Team Penalized For Violations At Day

that makes me so mad.. what did they expect him to do... take himself to the garage when the spoiler came apart?

oh well just another one of nascars silly #### rules.. SMFH
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

holysmoke14

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 am

I agree dani.. if it was during inspection, why are they just now saying something? I guess we'll have to wait for more details, but right now, it doesn't make sense. I haven't heard if they changed the win decision. I think they would have said so by now. It is very confusing for sure.
<<

Biff

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 am

daniluvs14 wrote:that makes me so mad.. what did they expect him to do... take himself to the garage when the spoiler came apart?

uh, yea. it happened at the very end typically he would of been black flagged if he stayed on the track like that but since it was the end i guess they didnt get to
What are you looking at butthead?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

i just wanna vomit when i hear michael waltrip this and that, he acts like last week was made for him, everything is about him, get real dude u won 4 races and as soon as u stepped out of your car truex had it towards the front every week.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke_14

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm

I don't really understand why NASCAR penalized him. I mean, if they can penalize him for this, then they can penalize any car that was involved in any wreck or incident that had a crushed in fender or damaged front end that didn't conform to the template. You could clearly see that this was either a part failure, or was damaged during the course of the race. And what occured isn't exactly normal, but broken spoilers and spoiler braces are more common then some would believe. They are under tremendous pressure and stress, not including the bumping and banging. I understand a rule is a rule, but man, they really threw the book at him on this one.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 pm

They didn't take the win or his points (if he has any cause it's truck. ) They penalized the CC & Owner didn't they? I can't believe they didn't tell him before the race or if they did it after the race. After the race would be WRONG !!!!!
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:02 pm

the fine isnt anything. I dont know for sure , but I would imagine, 1st pays more than 25k than 2nd place for the opening Daytona race. Mikey has no points to take away, so the only real penalty is to the owner 25 points. Now that is the difference between 1st place & 26th place not counting bonus points. (equivilant to a 100 point penalty in the old points system)
ImageImageImage
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 pm

They just said it was post race. I still don't know how they can do that after a race but they do it all the time with different parts I guess.
<<

Biff

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:35 am

the spoilers have to be at a certain degree angle after the race. car damaged or not the spoiler needs to be in tact. waltrips spoiler broke on the white flag lap if it had broke with 3 or 4 laps to go he would of been black flagged. everyone #### about the penalty should be happy it broke when it did cause any other time than the white flag and he wouldnt of won. i get what mj says also im sick of hearing about him too. im happy for him that he won and ill bet it means a lot to him but hes such a media whore that i cant help but think half this hype he has worked up the past 2 weeks is to help his book also
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Biff but it doesn't make sense to me to fine someone if it was damaged like it happened. I don't care for Mikey or DW, but I feel it was unfair to do it after the race. JMO I hope they appeal it.
<<

Biff

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:56 am

when else were they supposed to do it? maybe would of been better to consider him black flagged and disqualified his finishing position?
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 am

Biff wrote:when else were they supposed to do it? maybe would of been better to consider him black flagged and disqualified his finishing position?

No, I am just confused as to why it passed pre-race & then they decided to fail it Post-Race after it was determined it happened legally. Nevermind, I guess I won't get an answer to that.
<<

Biff

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:12 pm

all cars who get a post race penalty for something like that initially passed pre-race. some things happen accidentally and some are on purpose during the course of race. the penalties are nascars attempt at consistency. your right you wont get an answer you like if they didnt penalize him everyone would be #### about that.
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks again Biff, I do see what you mean now. In other words , MAYBE ? The spoiler was already defective or someone helped it a long..lol
It's just the commentators made such a big deal out of saying it happened during the race & therefore was legal in frame. Nothing was said post race by any driver or team that I heard of though. Maybe someone did complain.. who knows !!~ anyay, thanks
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing