FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Speaking of Female Drivers

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Speaking of Female Drivers

Elena (something) just won a major motorcycle race. Sorry for the lack of info. Dont follow those guys. But they run high speeds as well. Dont know what she looks like, so dont know how popular she is.
Congrats to Elena & all those supporting the females in racing.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Speaking of Female Drivers

So whats new??? There are lots of good female drivers and athletes in other sports. Nascar hasnt had a female winner in its major series EVER, but someday there may be one, but it will take a combination of a good team, a fast car and no mistakes and lots of luck to do so?

Watching Johanna Long Out qualify Danica today is very interesting. She is with a low funded team and really hasnt done much in her career although she won some type of lessor series Derby, but she does have a stock car type background to fall back on and its showing? While some on many forums trash Johanna saying she isnt any good as she did nothing in the Truck series etc, she may surpise many now in NNS. Even Kyle Petty called her the real deal, course he doesnt like Danica but thats not news either.

Talking of dominate females how about Linsey Vonn who just won another World Cup title and another Downhill title in Alpine skiing, making her the most successfull Alpine American skiier EVER, man or woman, but sadly she doesnt get much attention--too bad. She's only 20 points away from scoring the most points in a season (over 2000), by ANY Alpine skiier in the world--hope she gets it tommorrow--not that many will know about it--sadly>
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Apparently Women Winning in that Motorcylce division is pretty rare. It made the news. Amazing that you dismiss this victory.
ImageImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks for posting this Schmoop. I didn't realize there were any female motorcycle racers. I'll definitely look her up. I think females like speed just as much as their male counterparts, but I do believe that men have an advantage with their strength. I was concerned about strength being a factor in NASCAR but it seems Danica has the strength to do just fine so guess I was worried for nothing. I like females in speed sports, thanks for the info.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

racer1

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:41 pm

Apparently you dont watch much NHRA racing where many females have won motocycle drag races quite a bit through the yrs. You guys act like its such a big deal and its kind of a slap on females almost, like when they win its a fluke? There are many good female racers in many types of series that you fail to see or recognise apparently, not only just this one gal> Congrads to her anyway for what its worth.

Iam waiting to see a gal get a ride in F1 and win, as that would be something, as that series is considered the "best of the best" in road racing. 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:46 pm

tlmerk wrote:Thanks for posting this Schmoop. I didn't realize there were any female motorcycle racers. I'll definitely look her up. I think females like speed just as much as their male counterparts, but I do believe that men have an advantage with their strength. I was concerned about strength being a factor in NASCAR but it seems Danica has the strength to do just fine so guess I was worried for nothing. I like females in speed sports, thanks for the info.

your welcome timerk.
Glad you can realize the difference between drag racing & what it takes to race on a road course of anykind. Your intelligence is refreshing compared to others Image
ImageImageImage
<<

dirt93

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:29 am

I didn't know either... good luck to her and all the other female drivers.... I think next auto cross I race it i'm going for the regular timed events and not the WOMANS class... pffffffff.... driving is driving and if you don't have the balls... get off the track..... JUST SAYING. :-)
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey Racer.
Elena Myers 18 yrs old, is the 1st ever woman to win an AMA race at Daytona. (as I seen on the scrolling thing at bottom of TV)
So your right. it happens all the time!

http://amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=52299

http://www.news-journalonline.com/racin ... ytona.html
This second link tells howw some of the guys arent ready for her to be up with the leaders.
Throwing elbows? maybe someone that follows the motorcycles can explain that to me?

She sounds like she is no fluke. Her 2nd career win.
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes people, believe it or not, females are human beings too.
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Elena Mania! Love women who can race a bike,haven't seen a woman who can race in Nascar yet thou. :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Hey Racer.
Elena Myers 18 yrs old, is the 1st ever woman to win an AMA race at Daytona. (as I seen on the scrolling thing at bottom of TV)
So your right. it happens all the time!

http://amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=52299

http://www.news-journalonline.com/racin ... ytona.html
This second link tells howw some of the guys arent ready for her to be up with the leaders.
Throwing elbows? maybe someone that follows the motorcycles can explain that to me?

She sounds like she is no fluke. Her 2nd career win.

What Dave Dispain had to say about her,she doesn't sound like a fluke,she has been racing bikes since she was a child. The two riders behind her,were too busy trying to beat each other,i guess they forgot about who was in the lead. :lol:
<<

Bobby_D17

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Dirt > Danica IMHO
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 am

Bobby_D17 wrote:Dirt > Danica IMHO

becareful. Racer will explain to you that Dirt's wins are no big deal
ImageImageImage
<<

Bobby_D17

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:35 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Bobby_D17 wrote:Dirt > Danica IMHO

becareful. Racer will explain to you that Dirt's wins are no big deal

I never said they were or weren't...and I really don't think I care too much about someone on a message board's opinion of what she did or didn't do, or if Danica is great or not. There are a LOT of female drivers much more skilled and much more deserving, but Danica has the funding and is a marketing person's dream, I won't deny that. She's actually quite personable, but if you look at her ACTUAL race results, in ANY series, the only win she has was a gas mileage win in Japan, that's it. There are women racing and winning EVERY WEEK, all over the world, but they just don't have the funding to move up, 6 months ago, Dirt never even started a real race car...just saying...I'm proud of her, at least she's racing.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 pm

futura64 wrote:Yes people, believe it or not, females are human beings too.

Thank you. It's been that way since Adam lost that rib.........
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing