FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Bristol v.s. Old Bristol

Poll ended at Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:34 pm

If you had the choice how would ou configure Bristol?

Bristol back in the day
67%
Bristol today
33%

Total votes : 3
<<

khetr011

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

New Bristol v.s. Old Bristol

I've been listening to Sirius XM NASCAR Channel 90 the last couple days, and all I've heard is there is a major problem with Bristol. Out of some 160,000 seats, roughly 100,000 were filled at the race this past Sunday. I heard a lot of people say it's because the economy and gas prices and weather, which are all very good reasons why one wouldn't attend a race, but what I heard a couple people say was that it's because Bristol isn't Bristol anymore. The track was only changed because there was a mass request from fans to change it for more side by side racing. I want to know what ya'll think! Do you like Bristol back in the day where there were more yellow flag laps than green? Or do you like Bristol now where two and three wide is possible? And why do you like it that way?
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: New Bristol v.s. Old Bristol

I dont think it was the fans that wanted the change. All I ever hear is how they ruined Bristol, & for the most part now they had. There was no passing. This last race was pretty close. I think if they give the inside lane just a tad more banking, we could have a perfect track. Think that will make the inside the better lane but if the car behind is better, he could still use the high line with momentum to get around. Right now with the high line as the perfered groove, your car has to be a lot better to get past the guy in front.
My recomendations would be just a tad more banking for the lower lane. Just imagine if there were two perferred grooves. Of course making the tires give up more would make the racing a whole lot better even as is.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing