FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New use for EFI?

<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:14 pm

New use for EFI?

Is NASCAR using their proprietary fuel injection system to eliminate a constant source of irritation? Hmmmmm.....they've done worse....

From Mike Mulhern via Jayski:

#7-Robby Gordon failed to make the 500 field after his engine failed to fire for practice. That would normally not be a major story here; however the situation surrounding Gordon's problems made it one. "Robby was out there on the line ready for practice, and then the car just wouldn't fire," crewman Randy Rodriguez said. "Four McLaren engineers came running over there to help, and they spent 1-1/2 hours with it, but couldn't figure it out. So we have to go home. No practice, you can't qualify." NASCAR officials, asked about the situation, referred reporters to McLaren engineers, who could not be found. Dodge execs, likewise, could not be found for comment. Gordon, one of only three NASCAR drivers this year running Dodges (along with Penske men #22-AJ Allmendinger and #2-Brad Keselowski), says he has called Dodge boss Ralph Gilles since Penske announced two weeks ago that he would be moving to Ford. But Gordon says Gilles has not yet returned his inquiries. Gordon had engine problems at Daytona and tried to get an engine from Penske, the only other team owner building Dodge engines. But Gordon said Penske's price (which he wouldn't specify) was too high. Dodge itself apparently doesn't build NASCAR engines or have any other engine building source.

I wonder if they pass out EFI units randomly in the garage like they do restrictor plates......
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: New use for EFI?

And Dodge wonders why no one in NASCAR, wants to buy into Dodge. Great customer service! :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Annalee wrote:And Dodge wonders why no one in NASCAR, wants to buy into Dodge. Great customer service! :roll:

Ok first it's Robby Gordon claiming no one has returned his calls, sorry I need more proof than Robby's word.

I have to agree maybe Robby's gruffness has finally fully caught up to him and such.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

BevAnn

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Lizard wrote:
Annalee wrote:And Dodge wonders why no one in NASCAR, wants to buy into Dodge. Great customer service! :roll:

Ok first it's Robby Gordon claiming no one has returned his calls, sorry I need more proof than Robby's word.

I have to agree maybe Robby's gruffness has finally fully caught up to him and such.

With respect, Robby made a public statement. Have you heard anyone refute it?
You ain't nobody unless you've been boo'ed sometime - Bob Dylan
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:41 pm

I think Penske leaving Dodge says it all!! They were the last team to support Dodge. Everyone else left and no other team is running to sign them on. The last hope you have is Robby Gordon and you can 't return his calls. To me that is a no brainer!! :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing