<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Speaking of Female Drivers

Bobby_D17 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Bobby_D17 wrote:Dirt > Danica IMHO

becareful. Racer will explain to you that Dirt's wins are no big deal

I never said they were or weren't...and I really don't think I care too much about someone on a message board's opinion of what she did or didn't do, or if Danica is great or not. There are a LOT of female drivers much more skilled and much more deserving, but Danica has the funding and is a marketing person's dream, I won't deny that. She's actually quite personable, but if you look at her ACTUAL race results, in ANY series, the only win she has was a gas mileage win in Japan, that's it. There are women racing and winning EVERY WEEK, all over the world, but they just don't have the funding to move up, 6 months ago, Dirt never even started a real race car...just saying...I'm proud of her, at least she's racing.

I agree, but there are people(racer1) that want to say Danica didn't do well in Indy because of her equipment.

I'm glad Dirt is getting the chance and HAVING FUN!!
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Bobby_D17 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Bobby_D17 wrote:Dirt > Danica IMHO

becareful. Racer will explain to you that Dirt's wins are no big deal

I never said they were or weren't...and I really don't think I care too much about someone on a message board's opinion of what she did or didn't do, or if Danica is great or not. There are a LOT of female drivers much more skilled and much more deserving, but Danica has the funding and is a marketing person's dream, I won't deny that. She's actually quite personable, but if you look at her ACTUAL race results, in ANY series, the only win she has was a gas mileage win in Japan, that's it. There are women racing and winning EVERY WEEK, all over the world, but they just don't have the funding to move up, 6 months ago, Dirt never even started a real race car...just saying...I'm proud of her, at least she's racing.

I think its awesome. I cant wait for you to have to have the family fued over who gets the #17 next year :mrgreen:
Good luck to both of you.
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am

If she sticks with it some day may see Sr's grand-daughter racing in Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y49KepIPjxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrliPIbknQ0

and Uncle Dale doesn't sponsor, seems he is taking the lead that his daddy did you want to race go out there and work for it.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:37 am

Very cute and starting that young and that kind of background on dirt she could be great someday. Also given who she is related to, she will get the opportunity if she doesnt change her mind as sometimes young people do as they grow up? 8-)
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing