FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I have to thank the media

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 am

I have to thank the media

Wow what an awesome Sunday afternoon. Tony got a great deal of perfect feedback from the media that nearly compared to Homestead. Even my local newspaper who very seldom mentions NASCAR put Tony's picture at Victory Lane on the left column (this is the best place in the newspaper) on the front of the sports section. The picture and story took about 3/4th of the page plus a finish on a different page. The reason I'm so thrilled is he had to compete with MSU winning over Ohio State for the number one seed in March Madness. Now granted they gave the basketball story a section of their own but I can deal with that. I'm so happy for the #14 team one and all for another thrill. This time they didn't compare him to Carl Edwards. Is Tony finished? No that guy is just getting an early start to another thrill of a life-time. GO GET THEM TONY. The garage will always be there for ya..................
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

Re: I have to thank the media

Whereas my paper didn't even have anything about the race, their racing story was about the Milwaukee Mile Memorial Day event and Matt Kenseth turning 40. Yes that was their big stories for Auto Racing......that rag SUCKS.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 am

Lizard wrote:Whereas my paper didn't even have anything about the race, their racing story was about the Milwaukee Mile Memorial Day event and Matt Kenseth turning 40. Yes that was their big stories for Auto Racing......that rag SUCKS.

Lizard, that is a shame. NASCAR has to compete here with Michigan State, U of M, Detroit Tigers, Lions, Red Wings and whatever golf is going on plus we have Olympic hopefuls in gymnastics. But this week-end story beat anything they've ever done so I won't complain. Maybe someday your Publisher will take notice that Nascar is important too and will include a story or two.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 pm

ndunn wrote:
Lizard wrote:Whereas my paper didn't even have anything about the race, their racing story was about the Milwaukee Mile Memorial Day event and Matt Kenseth turning 40. Yes that was their big stories for Auto Racing......that rag SUCKS.

Lizard, that is a shame. NASCAR has to compete here with Michigan State, U of M, Detroit Tigers, Lions, Red Wings and whatever golf is going on plus we have Olympic hopefuls in gymnastics. But this week-end story beat anything they've ever done so I won't complain. Maybe someday your Publisher will take notice that Nascar is important too and will include a story or two.

You have more hope for the Urinal Sentinel than I do, sorry this over 30 years of looking at the paper saying your sports page sucks.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I say move to North Carolina, NASCAR is king! We do have to compete with March Madness, but with Duke and North Carolina loosing, Tony got at least half page and photo! WooHoo! :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Wish it was a possibility, but I have to take comfort in at least they did a story on Matty.

Return to NASCAR & Racing