FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So I heard

<<

smokinTA

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: So I heard

Check out Jimmy Spencer's Take today on NASCARs.com or SPEED. There is Kurt Busch audio and video. I don't think it's that bad, not compared to the Clint Boyer audio from last week.
"Excuse me, pardon me, comin' through" ~ Tony Stewart
"Take a deep breath, I've got this" ~ Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm

smokinTA wrote:Check out Jimmy Spencer's Take today on NASCARs.com or SPEED. There is Kurt Busch audio and video. I don't think it's that bad, not compared to the Clint Boyer audio from last week.

yeah I saw that. same ol' Kurt in my opinion. Just a little toned down, but I was hearing something had happened outside the car.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

It's genetic, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! Their father acts the same way. I knew that when Kurt had his first bad pit stop, the real Kurt would be back and he did not disappoint. :lol: "Radio sweetheart returns!"Now his excuse for bad behavior is "the Black Cloud following him" ! :cry: :cry: Where is Jimmie Spencer's crying towel when we need it? :lol: :lol:
So sad, not! He deserves everything that is coming his way and has no one to blame but himself.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Annalee wrote:It's genetic, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!! Their father acts the same way. I knew that when Kurt had his first bad pit stop, the real Kurt would be back and he did not disappoint. :lol: "Radio sweetheart returns!"Now his excuse for bad behavior is "the Black Cloud following him" ! :cry: :cry: Where is Jimmie Spencer's crying towel when we need it? :lol: :lol:
So sad, not! He deserves everything that is coming his way and has no one to blame but himself.

Kurt did get the crying towel.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Tisk Tisk-Gossip i tell you,all Gossip! :mrgreen:
<<

justlisa

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:36 am

I will tell you one thing Kyle Bush is good for Nascar. Love or hate there is not much in between, he is a good driver and will win a Championship. He does not like to loose and second to him is last. Not everyone can be as likable as Junya. He is who he is. Who would everyone hate if it wasn't him.
<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:55 pm

I've only heard the audio a couple of times and heard Jimmy Spencer's take, but my impression was that it wasn't too bad...for Kurt. It sounded more "woe is me" than rage /nastiness/ abuse of his crew /whatever else we've heard from him in the past. It was "woe is me" in an angry way because that's Kurt :P but I didn't have much of a negative reaction to it like I often do with him.

I have to say, onerockindoc, I kind of feel the same way about the Busch brothers that you do. I won't say Kyle rocks my world, but I like him. Kurt, I just can't. I did feel for him at the end of this past season and I was glad to hear that he reached out to Tony for advice (I think that I read this...am I crazy?). The problem with Kurt, though, in my opinion, is that I don't see as much potential to change in him as there was with Tony or that I think exists with Kyle. I don't get a sense from him that he is capable of learning to control his emotions instead of letting them control him. With Tony (not that I'm saying Tony was exactly like Kurt...don't throw rotten tomatoes at me ;) ... but I'm sure we all remember the days when it was him who the public focused on as the bad boy, the hothead, etc.), it was always clear to me that he had a heart of gold and his "problematic behaviors" were a result of passion. I always could see that he felt badly for any trouble he caused and could tell his apologies were sincere. I hate to say it, but I don't always see that with Kurt. I see more of that potential with Kyle. With Kurt, I know he has passion for racing and this probably causes his extreme emotion, but I just see more of a...mean-spirited core maybe?

Is that awful? I feel mean spirited myself now that I typed all of that. But I call it like I see it I guess. :lol:
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:12 pm

LeslieO wrote:I've only heard the audio a couple of times and heard Jimmy Spencer's take, but my impression was that it wasn't too bad...for Kurt. It sounded more "woe is me" than rage /nastiness/ abuse of his crew /whatever else we've heard from him in the past. It was "woe is me" in an angry way because that's Kurt :P but I didn't have much of a negative reaction to it like I often do with him.

I have to say, onerockindoc, I kind of feel the same way about the Busch brothers that you do. I won't say Kyle rocks my world, but I like him. Kurt, I just can't. I did feel for him at the end of this past season and I was glad to hear that he reached out to Tony for advice (I think that I read this...am I crazy?). The problem with Kurt, though, in my opinion, is that I don't see as much potential to change in him as there was with Tony or that I think exists with Kyle. I don't get a sense from him that he is capable of learning to control his emotions instead of letting them control him. With Tony (not that I'm saying Tony was exactly like Kurt...don't throw rotten tomatoes at me ;) ... but I'm sure we all remember the days when it was him who the public focused on as the bad boy, the hothead, etc.), it was always clear to me that he had a heart of gold and his "problematic behaviors" were a result of passion. I always could see that he felt badly for any trouble he caused and could tell his apologies were sincere. I hate to say it, but I don't always see that with Kurt. I see more of that potential with Kyle. With Kurt, I know he has passion for racing and this probably causes his extreme emotion, but I just see more of a...mean-spirited core maybe?

Is that awful? I feel mean spirited myself now that I typed all of that. But I call it like I see it I guess. :lol:

Don't feel bad for sharing how you feel :D . I think Kurt has passion and add that to some frustration of wanting to win another championship and starting to feel his age. Plus it can't be easy having Kyle for a little brother.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing