FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vickers to drive for MWR- What are they thinkin!?!?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: Vickers to drive for MWR- What are they thinkin!?!?

Well it is my opinion that Vickers is the more talented driver (I dont look at stats soley when I make my opinion) I guess the question is do you think Sadler is the better talent. If you do think that, then you should think Sadler would be the better fit for the car. My debate is if you thought like me as far as talent, but wanted to go with sadler because he is the nicer guy. Obviously we cant agree on this subject if we think differently on the talent levels.

If Scott Speed has a part time ride with a cup team, I would assume they wwould have tied him up for the RCs. Man I wish I can remember the other guys name I am thinking about. He is well known outside the states, but was trying his hand in a stock car last year during the RCs. (Jansen, or Johahassen or #### I cant remember) LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I don't think either is better than the other. Maybe Vickers by a little bit because of the nw title. But if I am a owner I want some who is humble and shows respect. And as I stated. Sadler showed that (going from cup when you came in with Tony Stewart and going back to the nw series takes great humility and I respect that). Vickers didn't. The only way he gets the 55 is because they can't find anyone that is the fact. If he was so good, Salder wouldn't have had it at first until Childress told him not to take the deal.

For the road coures they should get Scott Pruett. He really understands these stockcars more than any ringer. And he has ran a full season in cup.

Short list of drivrs to fill the 55

Justin Allgaier (itcing to get into a cup car)
Trevor Bayne (I am sure MWR wishes he was still there)
Josh Wise (was an MWR development driver)
Timothy Peters (why not?)
Johnny Sauter (has a good amount of cup experience)
Brian Scott (drives for Gibbs aother Toyota team and has his dad's cash)
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

yeah Scott Pruett would be a good choice. Of the guys you listed I like the lil gator. Trevor would never be allowed to go to MWR while racing for Woods/Petty/Roush.

but honestly for the 5 races, they will probably go with someone cheap like a Mike Bliss, or a JJ yeley or something.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Trevor might not be under contract with Roush too much longer if they can't find sponsorship. And the Woods wouldn't disturb him from an opportunity.

JJ Yeley is running the full season with the 49 team. Why would he leave that for only five races? Albeit a decent team in the top 35 in owners points.

I could see Bliss in there. He is a fairly good drive. Maybe Mike Skinner, RBR used him for a while. Former MWR driver Michael McDowell? If Gibbs is giving him a shot why not MWR? Plus he is a good road racer.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Hmm.. I wasnt even aware Yeley was in a cup ride. I guess scratch his name off LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

Lizard

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Ok, I am confused I thought(and by that maybe I just dreamed it) Mikey was going to run the races the Mark Martin did not. Did this change after Daytona? Did Mikey realize not the best for his race team or did the sponsor make decision after Daytona that they wanted someone else to race? or did his Fox deal squash his racing?

Sorry I am a blonde after all :roll:
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Lizard wrote:Ok, I am confused I thought(and by that maybe I just dreamed it) Mikey was going to run the races the Mark Martin did not. Did this change after Daytona? Did Mikey realize not the best for his race team or did the sponsor make decision after Daytona that they wanted someone else to race? or did his Fox deal squash his racing?

Sorry I am a blonde after all :roll:

Blonde or not,i think you're on to something not so far from the truth,if not the truth indeed! ALL OF THE ABOVE!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Vickers or Elliott,i just as soon see Mayfield back if those are my only two choices,even stoned he was better than them. :mrgreen: Elliott blew the NW championship on his own last season and never won a race with the same team that has several wins with differant drivers at KHI before him.
Vickers is,oh ####, he's just Vickers and still i think there may be some potential somewhere in that thick skull of his.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Ok, I am confused I thought(and by that maybe I just dreamed it) Mikey was going to run the races the Mark Martin did not.

Sorry I am a blonde after all :roll:[/quote

Hey Lizard, we blondes must stick together! :lol: :lol:
After the qualifying mess Waltrip got himself into at Daytona I think he probably has seen the light and realized maybe it would be better to put some one else in the car. I think he embarrassed himself. :oops: I really like Timothy Peters! I think given better equipment he would do very well. I like Justin Allgaier too.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Annalee wrote:Ok, I am confused I thought(and by that maybe I just dreamed it) Mikey was going to run the races the Mark Martin did not.

Sorry I am a blonde after all :roll:[/quote

Hey Lizard, we blondes must stick together! :lol: :lol:
After the qualifying mess Waltrip got himself into at Daytona I think he probably has seen the light and realized maybe it would be better to put some one else in the car. I think he embarrassed himself. :oops: I really like Timothy Peters! I think given better equipment he would do very well. I like Justin Allgaier too.

Well I did a little research and when they announced that Mark Martin was joining MWR that Mikey was going to run the 5 races that Martin was not int he 30 race deal with Aaron's. http://www.michaelwaltripracing.com/new ... rough-2013

I guess Mark Martin is driving 25 races, Mikey is driving 5 races, which leaves 6 races with no driver. Apparently Mikey has found sponsorship because Aarons sponsorship is only for 30 races. I was hoping Mikey had gotten his head on straight but no luck.

I would love to see Justin Allgaier, but the list I came up with were drivers that already have connection to Toyota so there would be no conflicts.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:50 pm

Brace your bumpers boys, Vickers has the ride for the six races ! :roll: This could get very interesting if he doesn't mind his manners and play fair!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Annalee wrote:Brace your bumpers boys, Vickers has the ride for the six races ! :roll: This could get very interesting if he doesn't mind his manners and play fair!

I can only hope that NASCAR has had a sit down with Vickers letting him know that his bumper cars mentality is not going to be tolerated otherwise Bristol and Martinsville are going to be wreckfest. I guess Mikey should just hire Boris Said for the roadcourses(fyi I like Boris but his attitude fits at this point).

Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing