FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Manufacturer?

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:22 pm

New Manufacturer?

Saw a blurb on Jayski's about a new manufacturer looking to break into NA$CAR...anybody heard anything? Any Ideas? I figure it'd almost have to be foreign marque? Honda, maybe? I know they've got/had their hands in a LOT of racing series'...that would freak some people da' "F" out...another Japanese manufacturer... :shock: :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: New Manufacturer?

Not sure, but did not realize that RPM's contract with Ford ends this year. Could Dodge try and grab them?

The problem for Dodge is that Penske runs the engine making and since he obviously will not be building Dodge engines that leaves no one to build them.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:22 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:Saw a blurb on Jayski's about a new manufacturer looking to break into NA$CAR...anybody heard anything? Any Ideas? I figure it'd almost have to be foreign marque? Honda, maybe? I know they've got/had their hands in a LOT of racing series'...that would freak some people da' "F" out...another Japanese manufacturer... :shock: :lol:

I saw something towards the middle or end of last year. There was talk of Volkswagen being quite interested. Haven't heard any rumblings as of late but there ya go. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
I saw something towards the middle or end of last year. There was talk of Volkswagen being quite interested. Haven't heard any rumblings as of late but there ya go. 8-)

I saw the same thing you did MW, thought it was interesting that Volkswagen would want to be in NASCAR, but stranger things than this have happened!!!!! :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Lizard wrote:Not sure, but did not realize that RPM's contract with Ford ends this year. Could Dodge try and grab them?

The problem for Dodge is that Penske runs the engine making and since he obviously will not be building Dodge engines that leaves no one to build them.

...yeah, and they're set to unveil the '13 car...with, as you pointed out, no engine AND no one to drive'em... :lol:

...oh, wait...they DO have Robby Gordon...they'll be fine... ;) :D :lol:
Image Image
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 pm

...Volkswagen????...finally...TRUE "LOVE BUG" RACIN'!!!!... :lol: :lol:

Image Image
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:13 pm

I think it might be Nissan. They've been coming up with new racing cars in Australia before possibly coming over here.

An article I read, a while back, that said if the Nissan Super8 does well, they will consider trying a new "C.O.T." for NASCAR.

Just rumors & speculation tho.... no one quote me... LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Honda would make sense as they are involved in open wheel and seem to be everywhere Toyota is up till Nascar.Dodge doesn't find a multi-car team to carry their banner in Cup,i wonder in they'll even stay in Nascar at all?
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!

Return to NASCAR & Racing