FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chris Meyers

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Chris Meyers

My heart goes out to Chris Meyers and his whole family in the loss of their son. It must have been so hard for him to come back and call the race. That took a lot of courage. God bless you and help you and your family through the long days ahead.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Re: Chris Meyers

Annalee wrote:My heart goes out to Chris Meyers and his whole family in the loss of their son. It must have been so hard for him to come back and call the race. That took a lot of courage. God bless you and help you and your family through the long days ahead.

Depending on the individual, sometimes in tragedy going back to work is what helps. Staying home with your thoughts can drive you crazy.

Stay strong brother!
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Annalee wrote:My heart goes out to Chris Meyers and his whole family in the loss of their son. It must have been so hard for him to come back and call the race. That took a lot of courage. God bless you and help you and your family through the long days ahead.

Depending on the individual, sometimes in tragedy going back to work is what helps. Staying home with your thoughts can drive you crazy.

Stay strong brother!

I've found that to be true. Just getting back into your normal routine helps. Doesn't mean he isn't still hurting inside, but the work serves as a distraction.

Thoughts & prayers to the whole Meyers family.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

racer1

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

Best regards for Meyers and his loss, but that aside I prefer the gal Briscoe as i think shes great and better then most the others, and certainly not bad to look at--what a cutie. Wonder where she will be now? 8-)
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am

racer1 wrote:Best regards for Meyers and his loss, but that aside I prefer the gal Briscoe as i think shes great and better then most the others, and certainly not bad to look at--what a cutie. Wonder where she will be now? 8-)

Racer1 Chris Myers works for Fox Sports. Nicole Briscoe works for ESPN and when coverage switches to ESPN broadcasts that is when you will see her for Cup races. I would say you probably like her because of her Danica connection but will take you at your word.

I truly feel for the Myers family as the crash is still unexplained and from accounts was horrific. Christopher Myers was a volunteer at a animal rescue and from all accounts was a kid trying to make his way in life.

The true sadness is that the accident was first looked at as a suicide and is now being investigated by LA Sheriff's homicide bureau as suspicious after the CHP turned it investigation over to them.
Last edited by Lizard on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Pleasant regards to the Meyers family. As for Chris I have to give him credit for the job he gave yesterday. I watched him for years at ESPN and he can be one entertaining guy. He could slip in a barb no one was expecting and turn the broadcast into chaos. Afterwards he'd say "we wouldn't say so if we didn't care". I hope his sense of humor helps him to deal with his loss.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Hard for anyone to experience a loss like that be working a week after that. My thoughts and prayers are with him. He is a good guy.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 am

Ditto what all you folks have said for Chris and his family.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen

Return to NASCAR & Racing