FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trackside on Speed

<<

Lizard

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Trackside on Speed

Why don't they just get rid of the chicks and have Rutledge and Kyle Petty host it and goof around with whatever driver they have on.

Sorry just saw episode 3 for the year and it is just getting dumber.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: Trackside on Speed

speed has no concept of what the nascar fan likes, it seems all they talk about is twitter, danica, and the fad of the week.
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:44 am

After a childhood of listening to a handful of live races on local AM radio, an occasional live segment on ABC's Wide World of Sports, and the rare replay (edited to an hour), I welcomed live flag-to-flag coverage. Jackie Stewart & Dr. Punch, Economaki, et.al. lent credence to the much-maligned sport. Then some rocket scientist decided that a "good ol' boy" with a 3rd grade vocabulary, the technical knowledge of a developmentally-challenged monkey and thought "broadcast" was either a fishing technique or drinking game involving females would help draw race fans to the sport. At least, for a while, they kept one or two professionals in the booth to guide the goofball and keep the racecast on subject. As painful as it was to listen to the inanity, at least I got to see all the races that were televised (assuming I could find the channel carrying them)! I actually got to enjoy my favorite sport, albeit through Bumbling Benny's antics (and my own ranting at said antics!). Enter the W's -- Wallace & Waltrip. Down the drain went the coverage. Favoritism, silliness, NASCAR boot-licking, and impossibly inaccurate commentary replaced any semblance of professional broadcasting. I thought NASCAR had finally hit rock-bottom. Nope. Now we have Rutledge, talking-head bimbos, fumble-phrase Brewer, Larry "I never met a word I couldn't mispronounce" Mac, and Kyle "my daddy drove race cars" Petty poisoning the airwaves with goofy games and more stupid interview questions than a political convention. I can't wait for the F1 season to start.
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 pm

AMEN!!!!! Lizard, but Smoke show Joe, please! Formula 1 is so, so boring!!! The commentary on NASCAR is sometimes pitiful at best, but I would rather watch grass grow than Formula 1. Sorry, JMO. As a child, I went to many Indy car races and they were exciting at times, but once I saw a NASCAR race that was it!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:33 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:After a childhood of listening to a handful of live races on local AM radio, an occasional live segment on ABC's Wide World of Sports, and the rare replay (edited to an hour), I welcomed live flag-to-flag coverage. Jackie Stewart & Dr. Punch, Economaki, et.al. lent credence to the much-maligned sport. Then some rocket scientist decided that a "good ol' boy" with a 3rd grade vocabulary, the technical knowledge of a developmentally-challenged monkey and thought "broadcast" was either a fishing technique or drinking game involving females would help draw race fans to the sport. At least, for a while, they kept one or two professionals in the booth to guide the goofball and keep the racecast on subject. As painful as it was to listen to the inanity, at least I got to see all the races that were televised (assuming I could find the channel carrying them)! I actually got to enjoy my favorite sport, albeit through Bumbling Benny's antics (and my own ranting at said antics!). Enter the W's -- Wallace & Waltrip. Down the drain went the coverage. Favoritism, silliness, NASCAR boot-licking, and impossibly inaccurate commentary replaced any semblance of professional broadcasting. I thought NASCAR had finally hit rock-bottom. Nope. Now we have Rutledge, talking-head bimbos, fumble-phrase Brewer, Larry "I never met a word I couldn't mispronounce" Mac, and Kyle "my daddy drove race cars" Petty poisoning the airwaves with goofy games and more stupid interview questions than a political convention. I can't wait for the F1 season to start.

:lol: :lol: NEVER a dull moment when JOE shows up....Thanks for a great laugh :shock: :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

BevAnn

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
smokeshowJOE wrote:After a childhood of listening to a handful of live races on local AM radio, an occasional live segment on ABC's Wide World of Sports, and the rare replay (edited to an hour), I welcomed live flag-to-flag coverage. Jackie Stewart & Dr. Punch, Economaki, et.al. lent credence to the much-maligned sport. Then some rocket scientist decided that a "good ol' boy" with a 3rd grade vocabulary, the technical knowledge of a developmentally-challenged monkey and thought "broadcast" was either a fishing technique or drinking game involving females would help draw race fans to the sport. At least, for a while, they kept one or two professionals in the booth to guide the goofball and keep the racecast on subject. As painful as it was to listen to the inanity, at least I got to see all the races that were televised (assuming I could find the channel carrying them)! I actually got to enjoy my favorite sport, albeit through Bumbling Benny's antics (and my own ranting at said antics!). Enter the W's -- Wallace & Waltrip. Down the drain went the coverage. Favoritism, silliness, NASCAR boot-licking, and impossibly inaccurate commentary replaced any semblance of professional broadcasting. I thought NASCAR had finally hit rock-bottom. Nope. Now we have Rutledge, talking-head bimbos, fumble-phrase Brewer, Larry "I never met a word I couldn't mispronounce" Mac, and Kyle "my daddy drove race cars" Petty poisoning the airwaves with goofy games and more stupid interview questions than a political convention. I can't wait for the F1 season to start.

:lol: :lol: NEVER a dull moment when JOE shows up....Thanks for a great laugh :shock: :shock:

You noticed that, eh!" :D
You ain't nobody unless you've been boo'ed sometime - Bob Dylan
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Annalee wrote:AMEN!!!!! Lizard, but Smoke show Joe, please! Formula 1 is so, so boring!!! The commentary on NASCAR is sometimes pitiful at best, but I would rather watch grass grow than Formula 1. Sorry, JMO. As a child, I went to many Indy car races and they were exciting at times, but once I saw a NASCAR race that was it!

F1 fans say the same about "circle track racing".....but the point is they have racecasters who call what they see, don't mind dissing the sanctioning body, don't play favorites, and, when they move into an ownership role, leave the booth! I enjoy all types of racing, but I'm not fond of bad broadcasting...
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:
Annalee wrote:AMEN!!!!! Lizard, but Smoke show Joe, please! Formula 1 is so, so boring!!! The commentary on NASCAR is sometimes pitiful at best, but I would rather watch grass grow than Formula 1. Sorry, JMO. As a child, I went to many Indy car races and they were exciting at times, but once I saw a NASCAR race that was it!

F1 fans say the same about "circle track racing".....but the point is they have racecasters who call what they see, don't mind dissing the sanctioning body, don't play favorites, and, when they move into an ownership role, leave the booth! I enjoy all types of racing, but I'm not fond of bad broadcasting...

I don't like bad broadcasting either, which is why I wish Speed would get rid of the chicks and just let Rutledge and KP goof around with the drivers. Trackside is not meant to be informative it's meant to show the personalities of the drivers. "RV there yet" last year let the drivers show their silliness.
I did not want this to be a discussion about NASCAR better than F1 or NASCAR better than IRL, to each their own on what you you enjoy. I am a weirdo I guess because I like all forms of racing.

I have no problem with female sportscasters if they truly know what they are talking about and are not there simply to read the script.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't like bad broadcasting either, which is why I wish Speed would get rid of the chicks and just let Rutledge and KP goof around with the drivers. Trackside is not meant to be informative it's meant to show the personalities of the drivers. "RV there yet" last year let the drivers show their silliness.
I did not want this to be a discussion about NASCAR better than F1 or NASCAR better than IRL, to each their own on what you you enjoy. I am a weirdo I guess because I like all forms of racing.

I have no problem with female sportscasters if they truly know what they are talking about and are not there simply to read the script.[/quote]
I agree with all.....but I'm not a fan of the goofy stuff KP & Rut do -- JMO, to each his own.
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:47 pm

The new trackside is interesting. I didn't realize how nutty Krista Voda was. But she knows her NASCAR. The Marianella(sp) needs to go. She knows nothing about the sport and skipped out on the 500 to go to the academy awards.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

justlisa

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:18 pm

BevAnn wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:

You noticed that, eh!" :D

~Tackles and hugs~ Bev and Joe !
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am

love me some F1 (on the fence about the new ferarris though)
love me some indycar, NHRA, NASCAR, and USAC too

I prefer to listen to races on the radio (those I can listen to), but think F1 tv coverage is the best at stating facts, and not guessing them when they don't know.
I don't care to watch any of the after race crap on speed channel, and wish they would use that airtime to broadcast previously recorded dirt track races (at least the major events beside the knoxville nationals)
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Return to NASCAR & Racing