FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I played the fool today

<<

TonyFan

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I played the fool today

I'm just venting...Just got in from a gorgeous day in Daytona for the race. I had my Sprint Fanview race scanner in hand and powered it up to start listening to Tony's radio. It didn't work. Not only did it not work, it apparently will never work again. After the race, I went to the Racing Electronics hauler and they said i'm screwed...its worthless. I guess it was announced Feb 17 this year that it would not work. I spent around $400 for this thing a couple years ago and now it just doesn't work. Really? No trade in...NOTHING. A $400 worthless yellow box. ...OH...but I can buy the new one for $300...THANKS for that great opportunity to get bent over again. I just cannot believe they have that poor of customer service. LESSON LEARNED!!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Re: I played the fool today

Oh Man. That does suck!
ImageImageImage
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:33 am

Bummer, Schmoop! Ranks right up there with the Beachboy Bubbas' (Brainless France, Mafia Mike, et.al.) Official NA$CAR Ripoff Radio Raider's (Sprint's) past antics. Ever try to make a cell call from the track during a race event using a competitor's service? Just before the green flag your signal strength bars drop to near-zero...and don't return until after the event.

Stay tuned...it won't be long until they decide to encrypt driver-to-crew radio -- to protect little Johnny & little Sally from the evil emissions of the brothers Busch of course -- and then provide the decrypted audio ONLY through the Official NA$CAR Vulgarity Viewer Powered by Sprint. This will cut out the radio rental and fan-purchased scanner business and funnel all profits to the BZF Divorce Legal Defense Fund...

...and little Sally & little Johnny will have Mom & Dad rent one & listen-in anyway, then tweet the transcripts from the track (on their Sprint phones), commenting with such innocent cuteness as "rofflmfao"...
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

TonyFan

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 am

LOL (No, really...I'm literally laughing out loud)! Very well put. We all got a chuckle from your post as we sit around w/our worthless yellow boxes.
<<

laurieinnorthc

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:19 am

Won a weekend use of one of those at Martinsville once... Then of course they wanted us to buy it... No thanks. I would rather stick to a traditional scanner. I hate you got screwed like that, but I personally thought they were a POS, I certainly hope the new ones are a lot better and do a lot more to make it worth the money they want for them. All in all though that is pretty typical of what they pull off with stuff like that, unfortunately we have learned that lesson the hard way also. :twisted:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 pm

smokeshowJOE wrote:Bummer, Schmoop! Ranks right up there with the Beachboy Bubbas' (Brainless France, Mafia Mike, et.al.) Official NA$CAR Ripoff Radio Raider's (Sprint's) past antics. Ever try to make a cell call from the track during a race event using a competitor's service? Just before the green flag your signal strength bars drop to near-zero...and don't return until after the event.

Stay tuned...it won't be long until they decide to encrypt driver-to-crew radio -- to protect little Johnny & little Sally from the evil emissions of the brothers Busch of course -- and then provide the decrypted audio ONLY through the Official NA$CAR Vulgarity Viewer Powered by Sprint. This will cut out the radio rental and fan-purchased scanner business and funnel all profits to the BZF Divorce Legal Defense Fund...

...and little Sally & little Johnny will have Mom & Dad rent one & listen-in anyway, then tweet the transcripts from the track (on their Sprint phones), commenting with such innocent cuteness as "rofflmfao"...

Priceless as usual Joe :D Here's hoping our boys have a great 500 today
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing