FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1045

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

Joey "the whiner" Logano basically is saying it is Zippy's fault Joey hasnt done better.
Granted he is saying it in all the right (PC) ways, but says Zippy put undue pressure on him, & he doesnt respond well to negativity, that Zippy gave him.
The kid is a walking bucket of excuses.
Last edited by Schmoopy1000 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5316

5135

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone fron JGR

Supposedly, he is going to a sports psychologist to give him confidence and focus. Don't think that is his problem. They say he has talent and he may, just needs to find it. So far I haven't seen much in that department. ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

User avatar

Posts: 1843

Images: 10
4486

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Location: South Carolina

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

I always told MY people....." NO EXCUSES.....JUST RESULTS " If they didn't like that advice, they were cordially invited to go work for somebody else. Maybe.....Juuuuuuuuusst MAYBE, Joey needs to go race for MWR. You know.....excuses here are the norm and we're used to it.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3210

5557

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

I find it hard to believe that Joey would be dising Zippy. No not really as I doubt he could admit he wasn't quite the loaf of sliced bread they all called him for his first couple of races. Perhap they could put the blame on Gibbs for throwing him in Cup too soon. I would just like to hear him say "Maybe I have to grown up a little so I can get the message.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1045

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:36 am

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

ndunn wrote:I find it hard to believe that Joey would be dising Zippy. No not really as I doubt he could admit he wasn't quite the loaf of sliced bread they all called him for his first couple of races. Perhap they could put the blame on Gibbs for throwing him in Cup too soon. I would just like to hear him say "Maybe I have to grown up a little so I can get the message.

actually he says he is not the same guy from 4 yrs ago. He has matured since then. (which actually is another dig on how he felt he was being treated by Zippy.
After seeing a small clip of zippy on the hub, which shows him getting on Joey through the window of the car, & seeing how he was at the daytona practice earlier this year, & sprinkle in what Tony has been saying about Zippy's attitude. I really like the stance Zippy has & carries himself with.
Joey needs to get thicker skin & look in the mirror, when looking at what is wrong with the 20 team. He is another spoiled brat, just without the Busch mouth.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8358

Images: 0
5417

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

well bein a ryan fan you should know not every CC and driver get along, so i can see where he is coming from, and i wouldnt be surprised the complaining part was his dad giving crap, this is a different time, not every driver is going to act like they did 20-30 years ago, and if they keep getting kids to drive stock cars, expect to have kid reactions in adult situations.
Image
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4624

Images: 14
5229

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 am

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

mj, well said...I was just going to something really close to that.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

midwesternsmoke

User avatar

Posts: 1843

Images: 10
4486

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Location: South Carolina

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 am

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:I find it hard to believe that Joey would be dising Zippy. No not really as I doubt he could admit he wasn't quite the loaf of sliced bread they all called him for his first couple of races. Perhap they could put the blame on Gibbs for throwing him in Cup too soon. I would just like to hear him say "Maybe I have to grown up a little so I can get the message.

actually he says he is not the same guy from 4 yrs ago. He has matured since then. (which actually is another dig on how he felt he was being treated by Zippy.
After seeing a small clip of zippy on the hub, which shows him getting on Joey through the window of the car, & seeing how he was at the daytona practice earlier this year, & sprinkle in what Tony has been saying about Zippy's attitude. I really like the stance Zippy has & carries himself with.
Joey needs to get thicker skin & look in the mirror, when looking at what is wrong with the 20 team. He is another spoiled brat, just without the Busch mouth.


......AND the Busch TALENT.......ya forgot that part. 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3210

5557

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

Would anyone agree that several years ago the drivers did anything to get into NASCAR? And when they did they busted their rear ends to stay there. Two in point was Dale Jarret and Dale Earnhardt. They both lost their families because racing meant more to them. The racers were so bent on racing that nothing else mattered. Todays "young guns" have a background that doesn't begin to compare with the old school. Not to say either is better but the least they could do is take responsibility when the going get rough and not blame someone else.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1045

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:I find it hard to believe that Joey would be dising Zippy. No not really as I doubt he could admit he wasn't quite the loaf of sliced bread they all called him for his first couple of races. Perhap they could put the blame on Gibbs for throwing him in Cup too soon. I would just like to hear him say "Maybe I have to grown up a little so I can get the message.

actually he says he is not the same guy from 4 yrs ago. He has matured since then. (which actually is another dig on how he felt he was being treated by Zippy.
After seeing a small clip of zippy on the hub, which shows him getting on Joey through the window of the car, & seeing how he was at the daytona practice earlier this year, & sprinkle in what Tony has been saying about Zippy's attitude. I really like the stance Zippy has & carries himself with.
Joey needs to get thicker skin & look in the mirror, when looking at what is wrong with the 20 team. He is another spoiled brat, just without the Busch mouth.


......AND the Busch TALENT.......ya forgot that part. 8-) 8-)

oh yeah, My Bad!
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5316

5135

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

I am really surprised JGR has held on to him. Can't say they have't given him a chance.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

Joey is a driver who got hyped up and has yet to live up to any of it. He was great in the old nationwide car but only won what once maybe twice last season? If not for Zippy he wouldn't even have a cup win. Jason Radcliff is a great crew cheif but I don't expect much from Joey this season. But Gibbs will probably let him say in the 20 since he is "the future of JGR".
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1045

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

ndunn wrote:Would anyone agree that several years ago the drivers did anything to get into NASCAR? And when they did they busted their rear ends to stay there. Two in point was Dale Jarret and Dale Earnhardt. They both lost their families because racing meant more to them. The racers were so bent on racing that nothing else mattered. Todays "young guns" have a background that doesn't begin to compare with the old school. Not to say either is better but the least they could do is take responsibility when the going get rough and not blame someone else.

I would agree. Back in the old days, the young hotshots of the sport still had to prove themselves with inferior teams, before they got into top rides. Ever since the Davey Allison, Rob Moreso, Jeff Gordon's, who pretty much started the straight into good rides for the youngsters. Now these young guys start right in with the best of the best. They have no idea how bad their rides could be, & are pretty much spoiled brats. They cant appreciate how well they have it or how much worse it could be, since they never experienced it. Kinda why I hope Bayne does well, because he has a great attitude for how young he is.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5316

5135

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

It is also a waste of a great sponsor. I don't know why they have stayed as long as they have with Joey. Home Depot deserves a winning driver. They really must like Joe Gibbs. Zippy deserved the one win and the lobster. I loved it when it was Lowes vs Home Depot.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4225

1045

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Re: Well now that Zippy is gone from JGR

Annalee wrote:It is also a waste of a great sponsor. I don't know why they have stayed as long as they have with Joey. Home Depot deserves a winning driver. They really must like Joe Gibbs. Zippy deserved the one win and the lobster. I loved it when it was Lowes vs Home Depot.

one thing you have to give Joe Gibbs. He knows people. I am sure the sponsor is sticking with Joe gibbs the owner & not Joey the driver.
Gibbs in just the last few years has switched all his CC's which every one of them are still top CC's, yet he has replaced them all with other top CC's. Gibbs can always find people, & will always have good teams under the drivers. I think he is a true leader.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jellikit and 5 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER