FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TICK TOCK

<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:48 pm

TICK TOCK

In 10 days I will be boarding a plane and heading off to FLA. I am so excited. We are leaving on Wed the 21st for Spring Hill Fla. to spend a week w/ her sister and brother in law. Sunday the 26th we will make the 2 1/2 hour drive from Spring Hill to Daytona Beach.

Her sister and brother in law have never been to a race (#### they have never even watched one on t.v.) so they will be losing their racing virginity at the grand daddy of them all "The Great American Race". I'm kind of jealous of them ha ha.

The thing them and the lil woman were looking forward to the most was the pre race concert, because we have the fan zone passes so we will be down on the infield grass for the concert and driver intros. As many of you know the last few years they have had some great country acts performing the pre race concert. Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, and Brad Paisley have been the last few so them bein big country music fans were getting pretty excited trying to figure out who this years might be. "Oh I hope it's Blake Shelton, or Zack Brown" "How cool would it be if it were this person or that person?" Last night I read that Little Big Town was doing a pre race concert for next weeks Shootout, a concert that would have made all three of them happy but unfortunatly we are not going to that. So I did a little more research and found out that the pre race concert for the 500 is going to be Lenny Kravitz. How and the #### do they go from Urban, McGraw, and Paisley to Lenny Kravitz? Guess it's kind of like going from the Stones, the Boss, and the Who to The Black Eyed Peas and Madonna at the Super Bowl. Anyway none of us are crazy about seein him, I mean let's face it the guy has one song and it's mediocre at best although it does have a pretty cool guitar riff. I know I will enjoy the race, but I really hope the three of them enjoy themselves or I'll feel pretty bad for dragging them to it.

The week is going to be a week of firsts for me. It'll be my first time on a plane. I'm scared to death of hights so hopefully I will not be so freaked out that I don't get on the plane. If I am man enough and I get on then it'll be my first time at a race other than Pocono. They have a boat so we are planning on going out on the gulf boating and it'll be my first time for that. They said usually they see dolphins out there and I have never seen a real life dolphin, and I'm really looking forward to that. Last but not least it'll be my first ever vacation. We are going to have a blast.

I plan on bringing my new camera and recording the whole thing and I can't wait to share Daytona w/ all of you guys.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: TICK TOCK

You are just making all of us jealous! They will love it, the roar of the engines gets to them every time! Have a great time and post your pictures when you get home! :D :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 am

Don't worry about the plane ride, just think ahead to the race.

Can't wait to see your pics. ENJOY!!

Look up j when you get there... he'll be in the crowd, somewhere.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 am

WhoooooooHoooooo, The wife & I have tickets to Daytona 500 too CS :D I'll PM U with my cell# so we can meet-up at the track 8-) 8-) :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

BlackFlag

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Sounds like a fantastic trip! I hope you guys have a great time.
I can't wait to get to Daytona, but I have to drive. It's worth every mile to me, though.
The Daytona 500 is my Super Bowl!!
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:50 pm

Hay BlackFlag, maybe we can ALL meet-up at the track at the same time on race day. That would be Cool!!!!! U game?
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 pm

You folks have fun in the sun down there, and safe travels to all
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Man, wish I was going. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Make sure the newbies have their ear protection. Don't want to turn them off because they aren't used to the roar. Love that roar!!!!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:Make sure the newbies have their ear protection. Don't want to turn them off because they aren't used to the roar. Love that roar!!!!

What? Huh? You say somthing?

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 am

Going to Daytona cant wait to see Tony racing again
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm

How exciting!! Have fun and don't forget the scanners.

I wonder if Little Big Town would be playing somewhere close to the Daytona area when you are there. Maybe a small bar/club?
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm

tonysgirl14 wrote:Going to Daytona cant wait to see Tony racing again

WhoooooHoooo, Lets have a G Gang Party at Daytona, we'll take some pic's & post em 8-) 8-) If ya want to meet-up somewhere at the track PM me :)
<<

cslonewolf

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm

I'M GAME!!!!!! Like I said I'm going w/ a couple rookies and a Hater so it'll be awesome to meet up w/ some fellow NASHOLES and have a good time. Meeting fellow GG members would be a plus, we are less than a week away, and my excitement is about to boil over lol
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,

Return to NASCAR & Racing