FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Crew Chief for TBR

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 pm

New Crew Chief for TBR

From CBS Sports..........

Tommy Baldwin Racing continued its preparations for the 2012 season with the hiring of veteran crew chief Ryan Pemberton.

Pemberton will join the team and work with driver Dave Blaney as they attempt to make the Daytona 500 February 26. The No. 36 team’s 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series chedule is still being finalized as the team seeks funding for all 36 events.

Pemberton most recently served as crew chief for Brian Vickers at Red Bull Racing. During his career as a NSCS crew chief, he compiled two wins, 21 top-fives, 92 top-10s and 15 poles.

“I’m thrilled to join Tommy Baldwin Racing,” explained Pemberton. “TBR has shown a lot of growth in a short time, and I’m looking forward to the challenge of stepping up the program this year. Tommy, Dave and I all come from families of racing and have similar backgrounds, so I think it will be a good fit.”

This season will mark TBR’s fourth season of competition. TBR began as a part-time, one-car NSCS team in 2009 and developed into a top-35 team by 2011. In 2012, TBR plans to compete with two NSCS teams and a part-time NASCAR Nationwide Series team. The team would like to increase the number of races in both the NSCS and NNS schedules, provided more sponsorship can be found.

“Hiring Ryan is another stepping stone for TBR,” Tommy Baldwin commented. “Ryan brings experience and a wealth of knowledge from all the years he has been in the sport. He has been successful with every team he has worked for, and we are excited to have him be a part of our program.”
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: New Crew Chief for TBR

Good news for Ryan Pemberton , he won't have to work so hard fixing wrecked cars. Dave Blaney is a good driver. Bad news for Schmoopy, one less crew chief in the crew chief pool! ;) Sorry Schmoopy, I just couldn't help myself. ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Annalee wrote:Good news for Ryan Pemberton , he won't have to work so hard fixing wrecked cars. Dave Blaney is a good driver. Bad news for Schmoopy, one less crew chief in the crew chief pool! ;) Sorry Schmoopy, I just couldn't help myself. ;)

Well, if something crazy happened & TG gets the boot in the middle of the season (I consider the season already started for these teams) I still have my eye on Mike Ford. They can have Pemberton.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

maybe mike ford isnt interested, maybe thats why no one has heard anything....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

michaeljohn wrote:maybe mike ford isnt interested, maybe thats why no one has heard anything....

I am not saying he is, just saying if I had my pick of those in the pool right now.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 am

i didnt finish my thought preoccupied, maybe nothin is said because he could be takin time off, i know if i had to deal with certain drivers, id want some down time.

Return to NASCAR & Racing