FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A small funny (to me)

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 am

A small funny (to me)

anyone remember when Kasey Kahnes & Tony Stewarts teams got in a fight in the pits?
Anyone remember who the 2 crew chiefs were?
Yep you said it. Greg Zippadeli & Tommy Baldwin! Now partners on the ten team :D
Its such a small world, & a reason why you never burn bridges.
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: A small funny (to me)

I totally agree. It hard to bite ones tongue and swallow the blood than to lip off. We never know when we may need a big favor and the only one who could help is the one you want to rip apart. Pick your battles carefully because the battles do end up in big wars if your not careful. My guess is the two men will get along fine.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 pm

That is too funny! Great memory. :lol:
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 pm

ndunn wrote:I totally agree. It hard to bite ones tongue and swallow the blood than to lip off. We never know when we may need a big favor and the only one who could help is the one you want to rip apart. Pick your battles carefully because the battles do end up in big wars if your not careful. My guess is the two men will get along fine.

you see it a lot in racing. One week at your track two drivers are in a fist fight in the pits, a few weeks later they are helping each other. Racing truly is like a family........ for most. (there are always some that hold grudges no matter what)
At my local track growing up, we had some hatfield & McCoy type teams that fueded for years, but for the most part, the racing community is like a family. (cant get along all the time)
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 pm

2004 Chicago Tony & Kasey Pit Teams fight

They don't show much of the scuffle.... pretty much, just the aftermath.

Good memory Schmoopy!
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

futura64

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Schmoopy1000, this thread reminds me of a couple of incidents in Indy Car a few years ago, if you will be so kind as to allow me to post them on your thread. Thanks.

SAME TEAMS, DIFFERENT DAYS:

Incident #1 Click Here ----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRboRG1w3A

Incident#2 Click Here ----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOi3n9XeEzw
BudmaninTx
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:47 pm

futura64 wrote:Schmoopy1000, this thread reminds me of a couple of incidents in Indy Car a few years ago, if you will be so kind as to allow me to post them on your thread. Thanks.

SAME TEAMS, DIFFERENT DAYS:

Incident #1 Click Here ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRboRG1w3A

Incident#2 Click Here ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOi3n9XeEzw

Yeah exactly! Racing as a whole (in all its forms) seems to be like that. On a side note I always love AJ Foyt for a good interview LOL.

I guess from my understanding F-1 is the exception to the rule. I heard JPM's Wife say she loves nascar because of the atmosphere, where when they were in F-1, they werent allowed to talk to the other teams or their family's.
I guess to much top secret stuff going on over there. Pretty stand offish. But with most forms of racing. it is a family style atmosphere. Kinda like I can beat up my brother, but no one else can LOL.
I enjoyed the flash backs. Love the you tube vids.

Here was a scary one (with fire) which was on the side of your second vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SIektV ... re=related
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:14 pm

You are not kidding, Schmoopy. I was in the stands that day. Seemed like it took them forever to get her (Simona) out of that car.

Did you notice in that second vid something very interesting they said?
It was a problem for years. Remember when alcohol fuel flames were invisible? Then some genious came up with a very simple solution. Just add a small percentage of gasoline to the alcohol to give the flames some color and make them visible.

Remember the Rick Mears incident at Indy, years ago? Rick was on fire and nobody knew it.

Here it is ----> www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zpLOn-KJSE
BudmaninTx
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:41 pm

futura64 wrote:You are not kidding, Schmoopy. I was in the stands that day. Seemed like it took them forever to get her (Simona) out of that car.

Did you notice in that second vid something very interesting they said?
It was a problem for years. Remember when alcohol fuel flames were invisible? Then some genious came up with a very simple solution. Just add a small percentage of gasoline to the alcohol to give the flames some color and make them visible.

Remember the Rick Mears incident at Indy, years ago? Rick was on fire and nobody knew it.

Here it is ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zpLOn-KJSE

yeah I did hear that. Because I remember you could never see flames back in the day. Even in our race cars, we use methanol.(but without the gasoline in it) Which you can kinda see at night, but cant see at all in the day time. Think that was a great idea for them to do that.
ImageImageImage

Return to NASCAR & Racing