FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rumor mill about the #10 car & TBR (#36 car)

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Rumor mill about the #10 car & TBR (#36 car)

Among those looking for points are Stewart-Haas Racing and Michael Waltrip Racing. There has been speculation that Stewart Haas would put together a deal with Tommy Baldwin Racing, possibly for points from the #36 car (33rd in 2011 owner points) to be transferred to Patrick. But it also could include a partnership where TBR would field a #10 car for David Reutimann in the 26 races in which Patrick doesn't compete, thus allowing that car to continue to earn owner points all season.

Looks like Danica might get a gaurenteed spot in the 500, & also might keep the car in the top 35 all year for her 10 races. Not sure how this helps the #36 car, since next year wuld mean he would be #### out of the top 35, but either way could be good news for SHR.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Rumor mill about the #10 car & TBR (#36 car)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... :shock: :shock:

TBR is a 2 car operation....maybe JUST maybe dependent upon results of TBR this coming season, they're working on a deal to merge the teams next year ?? Could make for an interesting 2013 ??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:06 am

Thanks for that info. Iam a Danica fan all the way, but still I stand on something I said earlier. IF Danica cant qualify in the Cup series, then she doesnt belong in the race anyway. Too many people are coddling her in my opinion strange as it may sound coming from me. She has 2 PT yrs driving a stock car now and has gotten better and learned enough that if she cant qualify, as her critics always say, then she doesnt belong in the race. Besides it would look better if she earned her starting spot instead of buying one, but its the owner/teams decision and not mine. All I can do is hope she does well--regardless.

Far as talk of teams merger etc, that has yet to develop or happen, so I could care less about that at this time.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 am

racer1 wrote:Thanks for that info. Iam a Danica fan all the way, but still I stand on something I said earlier. IF Danica cant qualify in the Cup series, then she doesnt belong in the race anyway. Too many people are coddling her in my opinion strange as it may sound coming from me. She has 2 PT yrs driving a stock car now and has gotten better and learned enough that if she cant qualify, as her critics always say, then she doesnt belong in the race. Besides it would look better if she earned her starting spot instead of buying one, but its the owner/teams decision and not mine. All I can do is hope she does well--regardless.

Far as talk of teams merger etc, that has yet to develop or happen, so I could care less about that at this time.

well then.....if that's the case, why even give enough of a sh^t to even bother mentioning it? If you're only here to start trouble (and I think you are), why don't you keep your personal agenda to yourself. This is a PUBLIC forum and the last time I checked, YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE of what is said here, NORRRRR are you and your opinions any more important than anybody else's. So, the next time you see MY NAME on a thread somewhere, do us ALL a favor, keep your yapper shut, and move on to another topic. Problems like you are a dime a dozen.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

racer1

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 am

"well then.....if that's the case, why even give enough of a sh^t to even bother mentioning it?-------------------------------------------------------------"

I mention it as Iam allowed my opinion just like you are. The difference is, I know mine is just an opinion and wont change anything, where some of you act like your God almighty telling other posters what to do and being disrespectfull. Apparently there isnt any moderaters here or certain posters and threads would be deleted.

I was watching auto racing long ago probably before some of you here were born, open wheel and nascar. I watched the great legends like the Mario Andretti's, Unsers, Foyts, Dale Earnhart, Richard Petty and most others now in the hall of fame--lets say the real nascar back then where drivers earned their spots.

Nascar has become a money first series like most everything nowdays and I understand that it takes money and a good sponsor to get a ride nowdays more then ever. However, buying points from another team, whereby any driver, Danica included, is automatically gauranteed a spot where a better more qualified driver trying to live their dream/support their family etc may be knocked out of the race because of that. Yes--I know it has gone on for some time but I dont have to like it.

Danica says she wants to be respected as a driver, but apparently she isnt aware by getting in a race other then actually qualifying and earning it, will only give her haters, critics and even some fans not sure what to think of her yet, more ammunition to use against her. Yes--I know its a SHR decision but still-- she is the one who has to live with it and suffer the consequences-- good or bad.

See this guys--as an avid fan of hers I dont always take her side, its called being a realistic fan and not a fanatical one where she can do no wrong, something some of you could learn from.

Bottom line--if you dont like my opinions, then click off and dont read them or just GO AWAY untill you grow up and realise we all have our opinions. The difference is I dont rant continually every day about "Nothing" like some here where it makes NO sense and it changes "nothing"--GET IT.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 pm

racer1 wrote:"well then.....if that's the case, why even give enough of a sh^t to even bother mentioning it?-------------------------------------------------------------"

I mention it as Iam allowed my opinion just like you are. The difference is, I know mine is just an opinion and wont change anything, where some of you act like your God almighty telling other posters what to do and being disrespectfull. Apparently there isnt any moderaters here or certain posters and threads would be deleted.

I was watching auto racing long ago probably before some of you here were born, open wheel and nascar. I watched the great legends like the Mario Andretti's, Unsers, Foyts, Dale Earnhart, Richard Petty and most others now in the hall of fame--lets say the real nascar back then where drivers earned their spots.

Nascar has become a money first series like most everything nowdays and I understand that it takes money and a good sponsor to get a ride nowdays more then ever. However, buying points from another team, whereby any driver, Danica included, is automatically gauranteed a spot where a better more qualified driver trying to live their dream/support their family etc may be knocked out of the race because of that. Yes--I know it has gone on for some time but I dont have to like it.

Danica says she wants to be respected as a driver, but apparently she isnt aware by getting in a race other then actually qualifying and earning it, will only give her haters, critics and even some fans not sure what to think of her yet, more ammunition to use against her. Yes--I know its another SHR decision but still-- she is the one who has to live with it and suffer the consequences good or bad.

See this guys--as an avid fan of hers I dont always take her side, its called being a realistic fan and not a fanatical one where she can do no wrong, something some of you could learn from.

Bottom line--if you dont like my opinions, then click off and dont read them or just GO AWAY untill you grow up and realise we all have our opinions. The diffeence is I dont rant continually every day about "Nothing" like some here where it makes NO sense and it changes "nothing"--GET IT.

I don't know who you think you are but, as for thinking OTHERS consider themselves "God like" around here, you need to be a little more reserved in your initial judgements and keep said judgements to yourself until you have a valid basis for such accusations. Also, you don't know how old I am and, I don't know how old you are and don't really care, so how can you say you've been watching racing long before some us were born. I, for one, was part of 2 dirt track teams in the late 70's thru the mid 80's until teams were sold and the owner retired from competition............. I'm done now, you obviously don't like me and my "opinions", therefore, I do not like you and your "opinions"....... Have a nice time here and once again, when you see my postings,look the other way and I'll afford you the same courtesy.
color]

Return to NASCAR & Racing