FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jr. selling one of his Nationwide cars

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Jr. selling one of his Nationwide cars

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is selling a 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo that’s ready to race. The JR Motorsports No. 88 was built for the NASCAR Nationwide Series and comes complete with the No. 88 JR Motorsports paint scheme. The car was raced once, at New Hampshire in June of 2007 by Shane Huffman who finished 23rd. For fans looking for the ultimate souvenir, the car is selling for $79,900 but comes with membership in the American Vintage Racing Association that includes track time and support.

http://www.examiner.com/nascar-in-natio ... ncels-show
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

racer1

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: Jr. selling one of his Nationwide cars

Its been rumored since last yr that Jr Motorsports is suffering like other teams for sponsors, at least for the 88 car. Danica's ride was/is helping pay alot of the bills as Godaddy money usually does.. Selling this car may have nothing to do with that, though maybe a good collector item?? 8-)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Well... since I can't remember the last time a car like this was sold to the general public, in almost 20 yrs of watching the sport.... I'd guess to say it has EVERYTHING to do with the money.

My questions come from the American Vintage Racing Assoc. What is their dog in this fight? How does a 5 yr old car become 'vintage' and why are they allowing a free membership?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 pm

i didnt read the article, but maybe they are giving free membership for credibility.... 79 grand is pretty cheap, because people in the past have been able to buy the shell of the car for 50 grand, plus places like barret jackson have sold stock cars with engines from a hundred grand up tp two hundred grand. one hing Jr has is his name, sponsorship is never a problem for him to get, because he is a cash cow when it comes to merch, sponsors get a cut of that merch.....
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Another reason why Old Spice is probably kicking themselves for leaving Tony.
Image Image

<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:53 pm

i dont get the whole old spice thing............. i could see bringing it up he he wasnt able to replace their sponsorship, but he did, old spice wont be the last sponsor to leave the sport...... btw it still a #### good product
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:08 pm

btw beaver im not criticizing, you have every right to say what ya want, im just thinking, if lowes/kobalt left the 48 team i wouldnt be upset, its business, and not everything lasts forever..
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:13 pm

I also know there was change in command at Old Spice and that might have had a lot to do with it.
Image Image

<<

dirt93

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 am

Old Spice did change... that's for sure.... Their commercials are awful now. I can't imagine they prefer those over the Tony ones.

I still buy it for my boyfriend though. Smells great. Just like Tony. LOL
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 pm

dirt93 wrote:Their commercials are awful now. I can't imagine they prefer those over the Tony ones.

I agree their commericals are really stupid. I hope they regret their change in advertising direction. I can't see how these commercials are increasing their sales.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Lizard

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am

At first I thought Old Spice was going for a different demographic that NASCAR does not reach in large numbers, but now it seems they just have gone the direction of stupid commercials.

Now the sponsor that I have to wonder if they wish they had not changed drivers is Miller Lite since the current driver of the Blue Deuce can only handle one maybe 2 beers before he is just a slurring goof ball. Yes he wins but looked like an idiot in Vegas when he was drinking.

I also wonder if Home Depot is kicking itself for not moving with Tony. I found it hillarious that they have M&M #18 car merchandise for sale but no #20 Joey Lagono stuff in their stores.

But then again hindsight is always 20/20.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart

Return to NASCAR & Racing