FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

To those that dont know for next season

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:55 pm

To those that dont know for next season

I assume most already know this, but every weekend during the races a bunch of us join into the chatroom, & all usually connect into with a different team radio. So while we watch the races, we get updates on a bunch of other drivers & teams on what is going on over the radios. It is a pretty fun group in there. If you havent tried it, & like to hear the inside info that TV doesnt tell you or misses altogether, it makes some of the races that some might call boring, more interesting. Also interesting how often TV misspeaks, or gives out misinformation at times. Anyhow there is ton of fun in the chatroom, & at times very interesting stuff. You should try it, if you dont know abbout the ritual yet.

Drivrs often listened to
Tony, Ryan, Denny, Kyle (the talented one, not Petty), Kasey, Truex, if something happens on the track someone usually will switch to that drivers radio to hear what is going on. Others as well, I just cant think of them right at the moment.

Just be ready to run to the Hotdog stand line, if we need a caution Image
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: To those that dont know for next season

Schmoop is right...it is some kind of fun folks :D ...a nice group and we always have snacks!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Sounds like fun. My only problem is I can' t type as fast as I talk. My son gave me a new IPad for Christmas and I am getting use to it. I love it, but it is much different than my PC. I think that is why I posted to the wrong forum. Any way that's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Annalee wrote:Sounds like fun. My only problem is I can' t type as fast as I talk. My son gave me a new IPad for Christmas and I am getting use to it. I love it, but it is much different than my PC. I think that is why I posted to the wrong forum. Any way that's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)

I hear ya....If I could type as fast as I think, I'd have my own chat village. It is lotsa fun tho' so, jump in and see what its all about. I type with 3 fingers but the chat-room IS lotsa fun.......... :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 pm

The chat room, during a race, is probably the most fun thing here on the board. :-)

The chat room can also be a lot of fun when there's no race on, but friends are in the house!
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:13 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Annalee wrote:Sounds like fun. My only problem is I can' t type as fast as I talk. My son gave me a new IPad for Christmas and I am getting use to it. I love it, but it is much different than my PC. I think that is why I posted to the wrong forum. Any way that's my story and I am sticking to it. ;)

I hear ya....If I could type as fast as I think, I'd have my own chat village. It is lotsa fun tho' so, jump in and see what its all about. I type with 3 fingers but the chat-room IS lotsa fun.......... :D

you got me beat. I can only use two fingers, only time I can use three fingers is if I need to hit the shift button LOL
Still annalee you can get the dreaded flood boot with still only useing 2 fingers, so you will be fine in there. ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Smokie, we missed you at the last race. Sure you'd be there but you must have been doing something important. Seems like when I'm in the chat room lately, you're not, and probably vice versa. :D Hope all is well with the fam, esp. your mom and that your 2012 is your best year ever!

Tracy
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Tracy, sorry I did miss the last race. :-( But you guys know my record, I'm there most times, than not. :-) Everything is all good. I hope to see you & yours, hopefully in the spring or summer!

Roadtrip to the great white north! Ok, ok... close to the great white north.... ;-)

To those who think they can't or shouldn't come in because they can't type that fast... you should come in anyway, just to read the hilarious stuff that goes on! :-D If Herbie, who types with one finger, can join in ( CHEERS! and duck flying beers! ) then anyone else can too. :-) But seriously, the folks who have an "in" to scanners & such, relate stuff that you might otherwise never know about. :-) Plus June and I always have live points up and can answer "Where is so & so right now?" at any time. :-) You don't have to talk if you don't want to... but you will always be welcomed in. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:18 am

Okay, I have another question? How do you chat in the chat room, listen to the race scanners and type too? You all must be able to multi task well! I have not given you all enough credit. I guess during the commercials you could switch back and forth. During the race, I am really focused on what is going on scanner wise. I love listening to Robert and Tony. They are so funny. If this racin gig doesn't work out, they would be a great stand up team! :D Even my dogs go to sleep when engines start and usually don't wake up, unless Tony is leading and I am screaming, until the checkered flag. Also my husband knows not to bother me, unless the house is burning down ,and friends don't call during race time. I am afraid this hobby has turned into a passion and grown into an obsession. But I love it. ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Annalee wrote:Okay, I have another question? How do you chat in the chat room, listen to the race scanners and type too? You all must be able to multi task well! I have not given you all enough credit. I guess during the commercials you could switch back and forth. During the race, I am really focused on what is going on scanner wise. I love listening to Robert and Tony. They are so funny. If this racin gig doesn't work out, they would be a great stand up team! :D Even my dogs go to sleep when engines start and usually don't wake up, unless Tony is leading and I am screaming, until the checkered flag. Also my husband knows not to bother me, unless the house is burning down ,and friends don't call during race time. I am afraid this hobby has turned into a passion and grown into an obsession. But I love it. ;)

What? Listening to your scanner, reading the chat room, responding to the chat room, while paying attention to the times & placement of 8-12 cars on pit command while watching the race on TV, updating to the chat room on what is going on over the radio's, while begging for a caution, is really a fluid motion, until the flood monster gets you & kicks you off the chatroom. Then alll #### breaks loose LOL. I dont think we can call that obsession can we? Image
ImageImageImage
<<

smokieonefour

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Schmoopy is being modest.... he forgot to mention, in the above -

running the hotdog / "we-need-a-wrapper-on-the-track" caution stand

making jokes

and running to get one of those wrappers.

And let us not forget.... doing battle with the evil Dr. NoFlood.

Schmoopy is like Norm on Cheers... when he enters the chat room, it's the same reaction. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 am

It is true how much fun we have in the chat room. All this talk about it is making me miss it very much:( Anyhow, it isn't about how fast you type, it's about people who have your same passion (good or bad) about the SHR drivers & others. No one I know is as big a fan as I am. That is why I try not to miss being on the chat board every race!
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:08 pm

I have trouble multi-tasking... must be my age. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

grmpyracer

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Annalee wrote:Okay, I have another question? How do you chat in the chat room, listen to the race scanners and type too? You all must be able to multi task well! I have not given you all enough credit. I guess during the commercials you could switch back and forth. During the race, I am really focused on what is going on scanner wise. I love listening to Robert and Tony. They are so funny. If this racin gig doesn't work out, they would be a great stand up team! :D Even my dogs go to sleep when engines start and usually don't wake up, unless Tony is leading and I am screaming, until the checkered flag. Also my husband knows not to bother me, unless the house is burning down ,and friends don't call during race time. I am afraid this hobby has turned into a passion and grown into an obsession. But I love it. ;)

What? Listening to your scanner, reading the chat room, responding to the chat room, while paying attention to the times & placement of 8-12 cars on pit command while watching the race on TV, updating to the chat room on what is going on over the radio's, while begging for a caution, is really a fluid motion, until the flood monster gets you & kicks you off the chatroom. Then alll #### breaks loose LOL. I dont think we can call that obsession can we? Image

I don't call it an obsession. I sit at my desk on race day with 3 desktops and a laptop and tune into 4 different teams. I'm in for the Chat room this season.
<<

LaCajun

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Fideaux luvs him some chat! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Be a man of your word

GEAUX TONY!!!!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing