FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Has anyone tried NASCAR.com-Trackpass-Raceview?

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Has anyone tried NASCAR.com-Trackpass-Raceview?

I noticed on NASCAR.com that they are having a 14% sale on Raceview. I have used the Scanner program and really liked it. Thought I would upgrade to raceview. Wondered if any of you had tried it and what you thought of it. It seems to me that there are longer commercial breaks and I can't stand not knowing what is happening on the track.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: Has anyone tried NASCAR.com-Trackpass-Raceview?

Sorry everyone, some how I posted this question in the wrong forum :oops: , but I would appreciate any info

I #Support Smoke
<<

animink4

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:30 am

Topic moved.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:12 pm

I used Raceview. It is cool as far as seeing a visual of cars on track & such, but for what I do during the race, I prefer the Pitcommand. It shows all the drivers where they are on the track for me & I can keep track of times & such as well. I dont really need the visuals, since you can pretty much tell whats going on during commericals by watching their times. Also Raceview & pitcommand you can still use the scanner. As I listen to Ryan every Race. If you never used Raceview I would recommend it. It is pretty cool.
ImageImageImage
<<

smokeshowJOE

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:02 am

I used Pit Command when it first was available, as none of the 3 networks will show Tony on-screen (grrrr!!). I watched it with Tony and the car in front of him selected as the two being compared, and also kept up with progress on the telemetry screen. This allowed me to know what he was doing without having to concentrate on the 'crawl' on the TV, and made watching the race 100% better for a Tony fan!!

When Race View premiered, I signed up immediately!. It is about the same as Pit Command as far as being able to keep up with Tony by telemetry and such, but with much more ability to tailor the display/info to your personal preference. I think having the graphic greatly enhances the ability to know what Tony is doing on track. I arranged my living room so I can have the computer monitor positioned to display right beside my TV screen, and follow Tony action all race!!

The only real 'down' side to it is that NASCAR gives it away free for promotions.....way too often! The servers get overloaded and it gets hosed up and hard to reconnect.....but that's true of Pit Command too....

I recommend it to anyone not a fan of Lil'E, Gordo, Happy, Toyota, or the other "chosen few" the networks concentrate on!
_ . . | . || . _ | . . _ . | . . . . _ | _ . . _ | _ _ . |
_ . . _ . | . . . . .
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:15 pm

The only thing I have experience with is the free Race Buddy at the end of the season last year. I was hoping to get Scanner this season. But it sounds like Pit Command is closer to Race Buddy than Scanner is. Is Scanner just the audio from a car? I can live with hearing Tony's radio all race.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:45 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:The only thing I have experience with is the free Race Buddy at the end of the season last year. I was hoping to get Scanner this season. But it sounds like Pit Command is closer to Race Buddy than Scanner is. Is Scanner just the audio from a car? I can live with hearing Tony's radio all race.

Scanner, Pit command, & Race view all have the scanner, & yes it is just that individuals radio
Pitcommand I use to keep track of several drivers at once as they have a shape of the track & a tracker for whichever cars you are keeping track of& its location on the track.

If you are gonna follow one driver race view is probably the best way to go. If you are looking for something to be similar to race buddy, you would go with Raceview, not pit command.
I know years ago I would have issues with with pit command when it got overloaded, but I havent had aan issue with pit command in years. In fact it is faster than live TV. You will know when a yellow comes out, before you see it on TV. It is as live of updates I think you can possibly have. I assume Raceview is eqqually as fast, but I dont use it sso cant say for sure. Anyways if you are looking for something like Race buddy, I would say go with Raceview, as race view will give you access to the scanner as well. While you watch animated Tony car on the track with camera angles.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks everyone for all the good info. I think I will sign up for Raceview. Just for you Schmoopy, I will switch over and listen to Ryan's in car during part of the race. Is his Dad still his spotter? I love listening to Tony and Robert, most of the time they are better and more entertaining than the TV commentators. Also, thanks for changing the forum, Animink. :D

I #Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:58 am

Yes, thank you Schmoopy for the info. I'm glad to have a computer that can be used for race coverage. For so long I couldn't even watch videos. Your info will help me make a better choice. I've looked at the web site and didn't understand the differences.

Its going to be a heaven of a year! Let's go racin'....
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

no his Dad isnt his spotter anymore. Hasnt been for a couple years now. You guys will enjoy it, I promise.

Just make sure you can see your cpu sscreen & the TV at the same time, or you will be running around during the race LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 am

This is great info. I didn't know there was so many different ways to listen. Thanks.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks Schmoopy. Who is Ryan's spotter ? NASCAR spotters are swapping drivers. It is going to be interesting trying to figure out who's on first, what's on second and I don't know is on third. Jeff Gordon is getting Kyle's spotter. I am not sure that is a good swap for Jeff. Great for the spotter. At least he won't have to put up with the mouth and temper tantrums of Kyle. ;)

I #Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing