FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Daytona 500 Party

<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Daytona 500 Party

The ad says this Feb 26 2012 is a day that will last forever. I am sure they are right.

I will be viewing the 2012 Daytona 500 during a small Daytona 500 viewing party, along w/ a few thousand fellow NASHOLES......

I so cannot wait. It'll be my first race at a track other than Pocono Raceway. The only bad thing is I will be attending w/ the lil woman who can't stand racing (it is really awesome of her to go along even though she can't stand it) Her sister, and brother in law. They don't know a thing about racing so this can go one of two ways..... They could go and absolutly hate the expierience, or they could love it, and I can help add two new NASHOLES to the world lol.

This Feb 26th cannot come soon enough
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: Daytona 500 Party

I soooo cannot wait to see Ryan lead the most laps and wreck from the lead on the final lap and finish 43rd lol
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:26 pm

What a thrill that's gonna be, happy for you! I'm sure the in-laws will have a blast, i just can't conceive people not getting hooked once they go in person! that's what happened with me, i made fun of my brother for 20+ years for being a fan, then i went to a race...
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 pm

azk8ster wrote:What a thrill that's gonna be, happy for you! I'm sure the in-laws will have a blast, i just can't conceive people not getting hooked once they go in person! that's what happened with me, i made fun of my brother for 20+ years for being a fan, then i went to a race...

I can't wait. We both wanted to take a vacation. I wanted to go to a race, she wanted to go to Fla. to visit her sister. So we both win. I am not sure how the in-laws will like it. Her sister is a pretty big sports fan, her brother in law not so much, but says he's always wanted to check it out living so close to Daytona. Neither has ever watched a race, so their first ever time even watching a race and they will be doing so live. Of all races to lose their NASCAR virginity it's the biggest race of the year, the biggest race in motorsports, it's the Great American Race. I'm kind of jealous of them lol.

I kinda thought the way you did too AZK8ster, I wanted the woman to enjoy racing too, because it means so much to me. I took her to her first race at Pocono. She really didn't seem to be having much fun during the pre race stuff. The walking around, going up and down pit road, the shopping. I felt kind of bad. There was a ray of hope though once the race started and the cars got up to speed. The first lap when the 43 cars went roaring by at full speed, she turned to me w/ excitement in her eyes and said "Wow I have to admit that was pretty awesome!!!!". Sadly a short while later that thing that was pretty awesome although a gazillion times louder than it is when you watch on t.v. had the same effect as it would if she were watching on t.v. There we were in the grandstands of Pocono raceway, The sun beating down on us, Thousands of screaming fans, the cars roaring by us so loud you couldn't hear a thing, the grandstands vibrating and shaking w/ each pass of the cars, and there sat Loretta fast asleep lol. Not sure how she did it, but she did. So I thought I could bring her to the dark side, but her resistance is strong lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,

Return to NASCAR & Racing