FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Soooooooooo, who's it gonna be ??

<<

racer1

Post Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Soooooooooo, who's it gonna be ??

I hope they find someone to fill the other races and thought it might be Mark Martin but guess he was in a hurry to sign elsewhere. I cant see Danica being able to qualify on time for the short tracks, as too many others more experienced have failed. I did hear where Tony said he was going to give her lessons focusing on short track racing so should be interesting--cant wait.

Iam more concerned who her CC will be in Cup as Eury Jr is mentoring her in NNS, as she will need someone who understands her moreso then a reg Nascar driver. It will be interesting and iam sure lots of media will be watching her and her CC and crew is, especially in her Cup debuts. An insider friend said it may be tough as the good CC's already have jobs and that leaves the ones who lost theirs for whatever reason, so may be a tough job to fill, esp if it remains PT ?? 8-)
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:39 am

anybody think that this may be a good move considering what's goin' on out there ?????

..........I think it would be a good step, Especially since he's already been an HMS R&D driver........

Cassill looking for other opportunities: Landon Cassill doesn't have a car to drive in the Sprint Cup Series test this week at Daytona International Speedway and doesn't know if he'll have a ride next month for the Daytona 500. After running 32 Cup races last year, including 29 for Phoenix Racing, the 22-year-old driver was left without a ride when the team looked for a more experienced driver and signed former Cup champion Kurt Busch. Cassill, a former Hendrick Motorsports development and test driver, is hoping to land at Front Row Motorsports or with another Cup team. He has started 48 Cup races and 33 Nationwide Series races. Cassill believes that if he can work well with a team that's building, there could be opportunities in the future with a more established team. Cassill is not bitter about losing the ride with team owner James Finch and Phoenix Racing. "I don't have any type of entitlement to the 51 car," Cassill said. "I never did. I didn't feel like it was my ride to lose. I don't feel like it was taken from me
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Why you mentioning Amerola as doesnt he have his FT ride in the #43?
Whoever it is it does need to be a veteran who can keep the car in the top 30 or so for points and they will have to be someone they can get some sponsorship with, as Godaddy always overpays for Danica, but not that much. Its too bad M Martin signed so early with someone else as they wanted him, but to keep the 10 car in points they need to have someone or a couple for the balance of the races and maybe just a big general sponsor for SHR as noted would be great?

If something strange happens and Danica does really well at Daytona in Cup, it wouldnt be surprising to me for Godaddy or CEO Parsons to simply switch, pay off jr Motorsports and throw Danica in Cup FT, as Parsons really likes her and as he's worth over 2 billion himself so its not out of the question as money is no object. He could come through with the sponsorship needed to pay for the other drivers for the full season as well to keep Danica in points---just thinking crazy i know? 8-)
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:26 pm

racer1 wrote:Why you mentioning Amerola as doesnt he have his FT ride in the #43?
Whoever it is it does need to be a veteran who can keep the car in the top 30 or so for points and they will have to be someone they can get some sponsorship with, as Godaddy always overpays for Danica, but not that much. Its too bad M Martin signed so early with someone else as they wanted him, but to keep the 10 car in points they need to have someone or a couple for the balance of the races and maybe just a big general sponsor for SHR as noted would be great?

If something strange happens and Danica does really well at Daytona in Cup, it wouldnt be surprising to me for Godaddy or CEO Parsons to simply switch, pay off jr Motorsports and throw Danica in Cup FT, as Parsons really likes her and as he's worth over 2 billion himself so its not out of the question as money is no object. He could come through with the sponsorship needed to pay for the other drivers for the full season as well to keep Danica in points---just thinking crazy i know? 8-)

????? :? 8-) ...... Almirola hasn't been mentioned in this thread since November 30th, looonnnnggggg before he got the 43 ride.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

racer1

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Ok-- I was just reading the entire thread and commenting who should fill in, but didnt notice the date of those suggesting Amirola filling in. i post on lots of forums where many pages are still just one day posts, so not used to seeing 2 pages of posts and it going way back 2-3 months.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:45 pm

racer1 wrote:Ok-- I was just reading the entire thread and commenting who should fill in, but didnt notice the date of those suggesting Amirola filling in. i post on lots of forums where many pages are still just one day posts, so not used to seeing 2 pages of posts and it going way back 2-3 months.

No problem......just keepin' it on the up-n-up.......... 8-)
color]
<<

wark9

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 am

Great threads gang, I was looking through these trying to get a feel for who SHR would put in the #10 besides DP. I need to pick another driver for my fantasy team and figured I'd go with whoever they put in that car. Unfortunately it appears as there is still no news. I'm a little surprised that they don't even have Danica listed on the drivers page, just Tony and Ryan. It would have been nice to see Mark Martin get it though. Anyway here's to another great season for SHR! :!: :!: 8-)

United States Marines, No better friend, no worse enemy
Gen. J. Mattis 2003
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 pm

NO ONE WILL SAVE IT FOR HER
<<

gearjammer1439

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Somebody get Ken Schrader on the phone!!! hahaha Okay, so probably not, but I do agree that you go with experience over youth in this situation. Danica brings enough inexperience as it is, but she is fully funded...the 10 team, in order to build itself and stay under the SHR banner all season, should rely on guys that understand that and want to help the team. I'm nervous that a Cassill type driver would be out there trying to prove himself and trying to get himself a ride over helping the team. Nothing wrong with that if you're Landon Cassill, but if you are SHR you don't need that right now.
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Tony, the business man, won't race the #10 w/o sponsors. Any secondary driver for the #10 will have to attract sponsorship if he wants that ride. JMO
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 pm

"Tony, the business man, won't race the #10 w/o sponsors. Any secondary driver for the #10 will have to attract sponsorship if he wants that ride. "

As said before--now-days its all about the money, and those who can bring it get a ride and those who cant, well they watch from the bleachers or a TV. Just because there may be some suitable drivers for the 10 car doesnt mean they get a free ride as it costs money and Godaddy is NOT funding that car for a full season, just for her 10 races--period.

This is simply a "try it" yr in her PT Cup races, as her main focus should be on her Ft ride in NNS this yr, then they'll see if she's ready for Cup FT in 2013?

BTW--the nasty comment that "No ones going to save it for her" "--Hello--she doesnt need saving. Indycar gave her her career, her brand and all her money as she actually said in the Race Hub interview this week, so she doesnt really need Nascar. She's just trying something new as she says she loves it so why not, as she has the opportunity? However, dont put it out of perspective like she has to drive in nascar, or everything falls apart as it doesnt. Even if something were to go wrong and she lost her rides, she'd still be fine, but that isnt likely to happen anytime soon. 8-)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 am

has it occurred to you to use punctuation at he end or middle of your sentences??? and his name is spelled ALMIROLA, why don't you put some of that awesome research skills you claim to have and put it to use and learn how to master the English language, your so #### bent on proving everyone wrong, check yourself, but then again, its funny to read ramblings that look like it was posted by a 5 year old.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing