FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Carl on pole...Smoke starts 15th

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Carl on pole...Smoke starts 15th

Thanks MJ, I didn't have the info for Carl, but Homestead is turning into about like Lowes (now Charlotte) use to be for Jimmy Johnson.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
Smoke14Wins wrote:Practice's........ Carl's just toying with Tony, Carl has the car to beat. Homestead isn't a good track for Tony to race on which is against him.

Tony has 2 wins at this track, how is it not a good track for him?

From what one of the ESPN announcers said during practice today, Tony's 2 wins (1999 & 2000) were both before the track was reconfigured in 2003 from a flat track to variable banking. Carl's 2 wins (2008 & 2010) were both on the current configuration.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Fine. I always want Tony to win too, but no one wins all the time. I just don't think this is the race he's going to win. I've been wrong about my gut feelings before, I just think this is another yr that will be 1-2 points behind & lose out like 2 yrs ago. I was so hopeful then, even had my money saved up for that championship jacket. Needless to say I still have it in an envelope marked Tony's Championship Jacket still. I'm tired of holding onto it & not being able to buy the jacket. I really want him to win & I hope he proves me wrong by winning the championship.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:27 pm

History is just that-History-as seen on tv.Keselowski won the NW race from the pole in a Dodge today,doesn't mean Carl will tomorrow.Found On Rotterdam Dump-i mean FORD may have alot of help tomorrow,but so does Chevy with HMS and RCR teams especially.Regardless who wins it tomorrow{Tony of course},least it'll be someone differant this year and Tony and his team surprised all of us with a great chase run that was for sure thought to be Jeff and Brad before the first chase race even started.The troubles seemed to start for Kevin at Dega,Brad seemed to lose the momentum they had and Jeff i don't know what the #### happened.Still say JJ finishes in the top five,i honestly can't deny the man and his talent-but the streak has finally ended.Tony will get it done tomorrow and i could give a rats @$$ about Carl,Ford or the cat in the hat. :mrgreen:
Last edited by wolfgang on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:46 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:UHHHH OHHHHHHHHH....looks rough to start, better get fast in a hurry tomorrow..... :shock:

Daaaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggg, didn't realize a quick-n-simple statement would ruffle so many feathers.
I for one am excited to see what happens. Regardless the outcome, we've been able to see one helluva final 10 races. I still feel Smoke is gonna pull this off, LET'S GO RACIN' !! 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

wolfgang wrote:History is just that-History.Keselowski won the NW race from the pole today,doesn't mean Carl will tomorrow.Found On Rotterdam Dump-i mean FORD,may have alot of help tomorrow,but so does Chevy with HMS and RCR teams especially.Regardless who wins it tomorrow{Tony of course},least it'll be someone differant this year and Tony and his team surprised all of us with a great chase run.Tony will get it done tomorrow and i could give a rats @$$ about Carl,Ford or the cat in the hat! :mrgreen:

Ditto and A-Men......
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:00 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:UHHHH OHHHHHHHHH....looks rough to start, better get fast in a hurry tomorrow..... :shock:

Daaaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggg, didn't realize a quick-n-simple statement would ruffle so many feathers.
I for one am excited to see what happens. Regardless the outcome, we've been able to see one helluva final 10 races. I still feel Smoke is gonna pull this off, LET'S GO RACIN' !! 8-) 8-)

Did you say feathers? :lol:
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 pm

I so hope you all are right! I have such a good feeling about tomorrow! Go Tony go, It is time to Smoke the Duck!!!! ;) ;)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Lizard

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm

I look at the fact that Carl did well when he had nothing to lose because he was out of the points at that point, whereas today he has everything to lose.

I get Carl's hunger, but I still think Tony has the advantage because he is just having fun and just enjoying the ride.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing