Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Scenarios to clinch Championship.............

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 pm

• If Edwards finishes ahead of Stewart, Edwards win the championship.
• If Stewart wins the race, he wins the championship.
• If Stewart ties Edwards, Stewart wins the championship.
• If Edwards leads a lap, Stewart needs to finish four spots ahead of him if Stewart doesn't lead a lap.
• If Edwards leads the most laps, Stewart needs to finish five spots ahead of him if Stewart doesn't lead a lap.
• If Stewart leads a lap, he needs to finish two spots ahead of Edwards if Edwards doesn't lead a lap.
• If Stewart leads the most laps, he needs to finish one spot ahead of Edwards if Edwards doesn't lead a lap.
• If both Stewart and Edwards lead a lap, Stewart needs to finish three spots ahead of Edwards.
• If both Stewart and Edwards lead the most laps, Stewart needs to finish three spots ahead of Edwards.
• If Stewart leads the most laps and Edwards leads a lap, Stewart needs to finish two spots ahead of Edwards.
• If neither Edwards or Stewart lead a lap, Stewart must finish three spots ahead of Edwards.

Re: Scenarios to clinch Championship.............

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:30 pm

"If both Stewart and Edwards lead the most laps"

How does this happen? LOL

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:"If both Stewart and Edwards lead the most laps"

They can both lead the same number of laps and nobody else leads that many.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:56 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:
NascarNanaOK wrote:"If both Stewart and Edwards lead the most laps"

They can both lead the same number of laps and nobody else leads that many.

So they both get one point?

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Great info midwestern, thanks.
Now I gotta head off to the store to buy myself LONG fake press on finger nails so I'll have something to chew on during the race Sun. I ran out of my own last week. :lol: :roll:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Tony's gonna' have to win the race 'cause I figure Car'ls a "lock" top 5, considering the way he(and the Rousch cars in general) run @Homestead and that he's only got one finish outside the top 10. I wouldn't even bother with all those "other" scenarios. ;) ;)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Just my observation... But doesn't every driver in the Chase have at least one bad day?
And I don't remember Carl having his yet.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Hopefully, Carl has saved his "best" (worst) for last. :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I like Tony's chances because the 14 is not worrying about where or what the 99 is doing they are just out to lead most laps and win, whereas the 99 seems to be watching and wondering where the 14 is all the time.

(I listened to parts of in car radio from last week, he kept asking where Tony was at and even at the end "where did they end up".

Carl is do a bad day, but it would be more fun if they finished 1 and 2,
with Tony taking the checkered of course.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 pm

"I believe in Tony".....It's time Edwards falls short since he feels not having a boatload of wins doesn't matter.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Time for Ford to do what it does best,Code blue,Code blue! Caution,there's debri from the #99 engine all over the track!

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:22 am

what if they both somehow get wrecked and end up in the garage and there is a fierce battle to get the cars put back together and back on track first. No matter what happens this is gonna be really fun to watch today. I can go either way (despite earlier post, I have come to terms w/ Tony's run and Ryan's lack there of) I like Tony and I have grown to like Carl, so I will be happy no matter how it unfolds. Oh and super thankfull that Jimmie and Harvick are not part of this history making race.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks for posting the many possibilities. Can't wait for this to get under way! Go Tony!!!
Post a reply