FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Reutimann is Class Act too......MW not so much

<<

Lizard

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Reutimann is Class Act too......MW not so much

Last night I saw Michelle Waltrip on RaceHub and basically came away with the feeling that he is a complete butt.

Today David Reutimann was on and he showed class. You can tell he is hurt by being let go so late in the season without any warning. MW called him while he was at the SEMA only because the story had leaked (Reuti had already heard). Reutimann has given MWR it's only wins and Michelle did not even have the curtesy to let David know that his being released was on the table which basically screws him for next year.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

mutinywxgirl

Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am

Re: Reutimann is Class Act too......MW not so much

Reuti is an awesome gentleman! He's a fairly local boy, and from what I've been told (a friend went to HS with him), he still does a lot of local charity work and other stuff. I'm not surprised to hear that about him at all. :)
~ Lisa ~

-KJ4NKM-
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Reutimann is Class Act too......MW not so much

I'll be honest; I'm not a fan of either, but it seems to me that Reuti is getting the short end of Waltrip's ego stick.

Let's face it, Michael Waltrip is not a great race car driver. He his, by comparison to other, mediocre at best. His wins versus races ratio, 4 wins in about 765 races pretty much sucks against other drivers. But he wants to stay in a car and show that he can still lose. So he gets his old buddy Mark Martin to run some races, but puts his own caboose in the drivers seat at the big plate tracks so he can show that he still has what he never really had.

It's all for his ego, and he didn't care that Reuti got burned by it.

It's kind of like the suffering of us poor Cleveland Indian's fans: we love our Tribe, and we love our players, and while they do well here it's only after they go other places that they truly succeed at the game. I hope for David's sake that he has left his Indian's and goes on to better things.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"

Return to NASCAR & Racing