FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Take a Look: Kyle missing from M&M's racing web-site!

<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Take a Look: Kyle missing from M&M's racing web-site!

http://www.m-ms.com/us/racing/index.jsp

There are a few pictures, a couple of them captioned "Kyle Busch", but otherwise, no mention of the driver of the #18.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: Take a Look: Kyle missing from M&M's racing web-site!

that is very interesting....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm

just read he was fined 50 grand by nascar and on probation.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:50 pm

That is not a good sign... Could Kyle be fired again from only his second ride? Lest we forget Rick Hendrick got sick of him.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Put out your wrist, Kyle, so NA$CA$H can slap it again....
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm

he's not getting fired. Although that would be awesome for those looking for a ride, or not signed yet for the new year.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm sure glad I'm not in Gibb's shoes right now.
I think he's waiting on NASCAR's final word & what the sponsor will have to say or do about it before he goes firing Kyle. I have no doubt if the boat got rocked too hard Kyle will be fired. There's just no beating sense in that boys brain.

If NASCAR would start parking a driver for even almost crossed line stuff, they might think twice about doing some stuff. But since that's based on past actions per person, that would be really hard to handle as psonsorship might be effected & given a bad name from it.

Don't know if Gibbs could talk prayers into getting answered for him so he can keep Kyle with M&M's or not. I know Home Depot didn't leave Tony during his hard times. Though Tony sought anger management & he turned himself around. I'm wondering if it would even help Kyle :? Sorta reminds me of Myafield ever so slightly.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

muskrat3

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:I'm sure glad I'm not in Gibb's shoes right now.
I think he's waiting on NASCAR's final word & what the sponsor will have to say or do about it before he goes firing Kyle. I have no doubt if the boat got rocked too hard Kyle will be fired. There's just no beating sense in that boys brain.

If NASCAR would start parking a driver for even almost crossed line stuff, they might think twice about doing some stuff. But since that's based on past actions per person, that would be really hard to handle as psonsorship might be effected & given a bad name from it.

Don't know if Gibbs could talk prayers into getting answered for him so he can keep Kyle with M&M's or not. I know Home Depot didn't leave Tony during his hard times. Though Tony sought anger management & he turned himself around. I'm wondering if it would even help Kyle :? Sorta reminds me of Myafield ever so slightly.

I agreed with ya up til the parking more drivers. The drivers do need to police themselves up to a certain point. Kyle has been pushing the line for a few years now. While he is a very talented driver. He is not well respected. I hate what he did. I think if it would have been under green flag or after the race the punshishment wouldn't have been so harsh. Considering he was already on probation he is very lucky to be allowed back next week.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

Lizard

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:39 pm

KB was not on probation on Sat but he is now.

As for the M&M's I found it VERY interesting that everyone else was wearing M&M colors on the box but he was not.

The description most of the last 2 days is KB is really BUT.......

I still think that the reason he got smacked down so hard was his attitude after the fact. I think there is concern about what he would say otherwise why would they have prevented him from speaking yesterday or today even.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:he's not getting fired. Although that would be awesome for those looking for a ride, or not signed yet for the new year.

I know who you'd like to see in that car. :lol: Agree with you,they won't fire their star driver and Mars is probly just waiting for this to blow over.
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm not sure he can count on the M&M sponsorship if they can get out of it. They have not been happy with things he has done in the past and they've made that public. This might be the straw that broke the camel's back. M&M Mars is an all-American candy company that has to have a squeaky clean reputation as KIDS eat M&Ms. It's not like Budweiser, Red Bull or even Office Depot. Everything about the 18 car attracts kids, even the colors of it. I am not sure someone with a reputation for being a poor sport and reckless in his actions and words is a good fit for M&Ms or Army or the like. Maybe Extenz can afford another driver. ;D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Just send KB to anger management classes. I seem to remember another Gibbs driver that was on the verge of having his #### kicked a few years back. Anyone else remember that guy? Well, maybe the guy I'm speaking of will secretly reach out to KB and help him, They like each other and KB respects him. How close was Coach Gibbs to firing the guy before KB? Coach is a GREAT leader and motivator. I think KB will be just fine and with help NOT abandonment, will come out on the other side of this with a new attitude and an eagerness to EARN respect instead of trying to DEMAND it. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

OldTimmer

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 am

tlmerk wrote:I'm not sure he can count on the M&M sponsorship if they can get out of it. They have not been happy with things he has done in the past and they've made that public. This might be the straw that broke the camel's back. M&M Mars is an all-American candy company that has to have a squeaky clean reputation as KIDS eat M&Ms. It's not like Budweiser, Red Bull or even Office Depot. Everything about the 18 car attracts kids, even the colors of it. I am not sure someone with a reputation for being a poor sport and reckless in his actions and words is a good fit for M&Ms or Army or the like. Maybe Extenz can afford another driver. ;D

I agree with you on this my 5 year old grandson likes the 18 car he likes the big bright M&M's.
My son got him a M&M's jacket when we where at Pocono this year and none of us care for Kyle.
Go Rocket Man
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 am

Agreed Kyle overstepped, took things to far and agree w/ most of the punishment.......but on the being fired thing?? hhhmmm ....Face it like him or not (personally i do not) but the guy is talented, and wins races, he is a money maker....will Gibbs lose M&M's ?? who knows...but i think as long as he is bringin money into JGR and Nascar he wont be fired...granted losing a major sponsor is bad but w/ his abilities and being a commodity he is prolly worth more to Joe Gibbs than Mars....another sponsor will jump at the opportunity to back him....all these "threats" he's gettin is to scare the bajeebies out of him to bring him down a few notches....hope it works....but i dont see him getting fired...even IF Mars pulls out...

tc

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:56 am

From the NASCAR website:

Busch fined, put on probation for Texas actions

By Official Release
November 07, 2011 2:42 PM, EST

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has fined Kyle Busch $50,000 and placed him on probation until Dec. 31 for his actions during the Nov. 4 Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book. NASCAR took immediate action, parking Busch for the remainder of Friday night's event and maintaining the parked position for the Nationwide and Sprint Cup events scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Texas Motor Speedway. On Monday, the parking directive was lifted by NASCAR.

In issuing Monday's penalty, NASCAR went on to say that "if during the remaining NASCAR events in 2011 there is another action by the competitor that is deemed by NASCAR officials as detrimental to stock car racing or to NASCAR, or is disruptive to the orderly conduct of an event, the competitor will be suspended indefinitely from NASCAR."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14

Return to NASCAR & Racing