FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Should Kyle be parked???????

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 am

Should Kyle be parked???????

NASCAR to meet with Kyle Busch Saturday morning: Tempers flared early in Friday night's truck race at Texas Motor Speedway. As they ran three-wide early in Friday's race, Ron Hornaday moved up the track, causing Kyle Busch, running on the outside, to hit the wall. Hornaday also hit it. As they slowly went around the track, Busch ran up on the rear of Hornaday and caused Hornaday to smack the wall head-on in what was hard contact. Hornaday was uninjured. NASCAR called Busch to the hauler to meet with officials after the race. NASCAR met with Kyle Busch for less than five minutes on Friday night after the race. They will meet with Busch before Saturday morning's Cup practice (which is at 8:45am/et) to discuss the incident. Hornaday went to the NASCAR hauler (he wasn't called there by officials) after Kyle left and said: "If NASCAR doesn't (park Busch), I'm hanging around, and I'm going to buy Tommy Baldwin's ride and that guy will never finish another race. That's a promise. He's got to be parked. They did it to Harvick at Martinsville.'' Hornaday was reminded that the Harvick parking was in 2002, which Hornday said: "So, let's have at it? So I can go over and beat his #### and let's have at it? He lives too close to me. We'll see what NASCAR does. If they don't handle it right, I'll be over at his house Monday morning.''(Virginian-Pilot)(11-5-2011)

food for thought, last year at kansas kyle and reutimann tangled at kansas, and kyled complained that he was in the chase and now his chance at winning was gone, however with his deliberate actions last nite he did the same thing and he was able to justify it, he has no reason to be in the truck series, he has more talent than that, but in my mind he is chasing a record that will not be valid, the kid has talent but he is just like his brother and he will never win a cup tittle..... it was funny harvick said last nite "maybe it is time for him to feel the pain."
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:05 am

Re: Should Kyle be parked???????

He should for sure be parked. That was stupidity to not only wreck a championship contender in another series , but to turn someone head on in the wall at Texas? He should be parked for the rest of teh truck and nw seasona and parkd for this cup race. No excuse for his actions.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:10 am

Park him. Park him good. How about the remainder of the season, period. I finally thought Kyle had grown up, yeah right.

He intentionally,,,,,,intentionally took Ron out of the championship and could have hurt him seriously,
I hope Nascar steps up.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 am

Shrub has been parked for the weekend - no Nationwide or Cup race for him this weekend!

GOOD!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 am

Michael McDowell will be driving the 18 in the Cup series.
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:03 am

well her deserves what he got coming, there is no room for crap like that, i had no problem with what he did down the backstretch and bumping him,
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 am

Breaking News

Busch parked for remainder of Texas weekend for Truck actions

By NASCAR.COM
November 05, 2011 10:08 AM, EDT

type size: + -

NASCAR has parked Kyle Busch for the remainder of the events at Texas Motor Speedway for his actions during Friday night's Truck Series race, when Busch wrecked Ron Hornaday under caution.

Busch was parked for the rest of the Truck race, and afterward NASCAR met with Busch and Joe Gibbs and J.D. Gibbs of Joe Gibbs Racing, which owns the Nationwide and Cup series cars Busch drives. NASCAR announced its decision Saturday morning, prior to Sprint Cup Series practice.

Michael McDowell will be the replacement in the Cup car.

* Video: Busch parked after wrecking Hornaday under caution
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 am

Last edited by ndunn on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

OldTimmer

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:19 am

ndunn wrote:This is fine and dandy but lets make sure when one of the favorites pull the same thing the punishment is equal. Wasn't Matt Kenseth in the championship race when Brian Vickers took him out? Did they park him?

The difference is Mat and Brian had a run in earlier in the race.
Ron ran kyle up the track trying to avoid a lap truck while Kyle was trying to pinch Ron down into the lap truck.
Go Rocket Man
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Intentional is intentional....no matter the circumstances.....Vickers SHOULD have got some kind of punishment.....Kyle's by far was more serious....but whats good for one should be good for another...

Vickers was a menace all day....he drove like he was on drugs..lolol....he was quoted that it was on purpose...even regretted it didnt hurt Matt worse, not physically, but pts wise....he says he will do it again....

tc

<<

OldTimmer

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:06 pm

tonycrazy wrote:Intentional is intentional....no matter the circumstances.....Vickers SHOULD have got some kind of punishment.....Kyle's by far was more serious....but whats good for one should be good for another...

Vickers was a menace all day....he drove like he was on drugs..lolol....he was quoted that it was on purpose...even regretted it didnt hurt Matt worse, not physically, but pts wise....he says he will do it again....

tc

I am not saying what Vickers did was right.
He should have gotten a warning at least to settle down or he would be parked.
Go Rocket Man
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Id like to add.......I do believe KB deserved really harsh punishment......HOWEVER....that punishment affected a diff team in a diff series.....as owner and driver of the truck it shoulda stayed there.....Joe Gibbs had no part in that at all....as Tony would say "he didnt have a dog in that fight" but JGR is having to reap the reprecussions of this....thats not fair....Granted its Kyles fault but JG is now in the middle of it...

tc

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 pm

a big difference also is the speed of the track......
<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 pm

OldTimmer wrote:
tonycrazy wrote:Intentional is intentional....no matter the circumstances.....Vickers SHOULD have got some kind of punishment.....Kyle's by far was more serious....but whats good for one should be good for another...

tc

I am not saying what Vickers did was right.
He should have gotten a warning at least to settle down or he would be parked.

Oh most def.....so it really didnt make sense that Vickers got nothing...even after admitting to it and threatening more....at the very least...probation....

tc

<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:18 pm

michaeljohn wrote:a big difference also is the speed of the track......

I totally agree w/ that as a rule...but speed wasnt a factor last nite....they were under caution...but like they said no matter if it was under caution or durin hard racing.....it should not have happened...if Kyle had a beef w/ Ron then ####...take em behind the woodshed and fight like a man...geesh..lmao

tc

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing