FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MWR Says Reutimann Will Be Out At End Of Season

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:38 pm

MWR Says Reutimann Will Be Out At End Of Season

I really feel bad for David. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

CORNELIUS, N.C. (AP)—Michael Waltrip Racing says David Reutimann will not be back with the team next season.

MWR has a news conference scheduled Friday at Texas Motor Speedway, and is expected to announce Mark Martin will take over the No. 00 Toyota next year.

Team co-owner Waltrip says Reutimann will forever be part of the MWR heritage. He has been with the team since its inaugural 2007 season, and gave MWR its first victory in 2009.

In 168 Sprint Cup Series starts, Reutimann has two wins, 25 top-10s and four poles.

Reutimann this season has just two top-10s and is 28th in the Sprint Cup standings.

Martin is not expected to run a full season. He could share the seat with Waltrip, who has made seven starts the last two years.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Re: MWR Says Reutimann Will Be Out At End Of Season

Here is another one for ya.

There are only 30 drivers to qualify and start all 33 races and Reutimann sits in 28th amoung all those drivers. This really does not speak well of him.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:06 pm

The Arrons commercials will never be the same. :cry:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm

Michael Waltrip is a BIIIIIIIIG A$$HOLE. If he thinks gramps is gonna bring results, he's TERRIBLY mistaken. I hope D.R. finds a respectable ride and punts ANY MWR car that gets close to him.
Oh yeah....Mikey's TUMS commercial with the rib smacking him in the face, I'll bet he's wishing it was a different piece of meat.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 pm

i always thought the same thing mw, the way he holds that rib and works it, wasnt the first time he held something like that........
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Reuti's place in the standings speaks more of his equipment than of his ability. He's not a great driver but he's better than 28th, at least in my opinion. I've always liked him, very nice guy. I hope he gets a ride somewhere.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i always thought the same thing mw, the way he holds that rib and works it, wasnt the first time he held something like that........

I'm really surprised that the ad folks didn't show him switching hands just for effect. Couple that with the way he "butts up" to the camera in the NAPA commercial, doesn't leave much of a doubt... :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
color]
<<

kodi77

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 pm

money talks bs walks
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Mark Martin should step down and finally retire so someone else can have a shot and Mikey should only drive when they need a test dummy cuz like Jr.-Mikey can't drive w/o Dale Snr.telling him what to do! Rooty driving for MWR was a foot in the door,lets hope he can find a decent ride and put Mikeys head deeper up his a$$! BTW MW and MJ,you guys are sick,but it's funny,thanks for putting those thoughts in my head,now every time i see the commercial i'm gonna think of that! :lol:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 am

yw wolf, glad we could help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Lizard

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:58 pm

OMG I am never going to be able to see the Tums commercial without thinking about what you said. I've always had that opinion of MW but never looked at that commercial that way.

I think the commercials for NAPA, Aarons, and Tums speak loud and clear that there is an issue of MW not willing to step back and let his drivers be the stars.
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." Tony Stewart

"I`m too lazy to work my real job. I love what I do." Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:08 pm

I think it sucks that now where Mark is taking away jobs from full time drivers for what is turning into a hobby for him.
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:55 pm

wolfgang wrote:Mark Martin should step down and finally retire so someone else can have a shot and Mikey should only drive when they need a test dummy cuz like Jr.-Mikey can't drive w/o Dale Snr.telling him what to do! Rooty driving for MWR was a foot in the door,lets hope he can find a decent ride and put Mikeys head deeper up his a$$! BTW MW and MJ,you guys are sick,but it's funny,thanks for putting those thoughts in my head,now every time i see the commercial i'm gonna think of that! :lol:

Glad ta be of ASSistance. Enjoy the commercials tomorrow :shock:
color]
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Don't forget Mark can slide right down to "Start and Park". If he feels like running a full race he can or fake problems with the car and go up in the stands and become a spotter.
jmoo............
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:40 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Michael Waltrip is a BIIIIIIIIG A$$HOLE. If he thinks gramps is gonna bring results, he's TERRIBLY mistaken. I hope D.R. finds a respectable ride and punts ANY MWR car that gets close to him.
Oh yeah....Mikey's TUMS commercial with the rib smacking him in the face, I'll bet he's wishing it was a different piece of meat.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing